2018-2019 University of Toledo College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 1/25. Got the WL email

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed on 1/25, accepted this morning! OOS student.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the II this morning. Interview is 3/22.

Reactions: 1 users
How long is it taking people to hear back after interviews? I know it is 4-6 weeks, but is it looking closer to 6 for most people?

How long is it taking people to hear back after interviews? I know it is 4-6 weeks, but is it looking closer to 6 for most people?
I was told 3-5 weeks at my interview (1/25) and got an acceptance 5 weeks and 3 days later (3/4)

Reactions: 1 user
It is almost time for Second Look :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone,

I was accepted to UT OOS and I love the school. The only thing holding me back from going to UT over other schools is the high OOS cost of attendance (I have a family). However, I got a random call from a current student asking about my plans and they said that UT provides OOS institutional scholarships that basically make the total cost for OOS students the same as in-state tuition. Does anyone have insight into this? I am planning on submitting the new student scholarship before April 1st.

Hey Everyone,

I was accepted to UT OOS and I love the school. The only thing holding me back from going to UT over other schools is the high OOS cost of attendance (I have a family). However, I got a random call from a current student asking about my plans and they said that UT provides OOS institutional scholarships that basically make the total cost for OOS students the same as in-state tuition. Does anyone have insight into this? I am planning on submitting the new student scholarship before April 1st.

Hey, I do not have insight into their institutional scholarships but I distinctly remember my tour guide saying that she was OOS and normally, you can apply for in-state residency after 1 year, but the she had gotten it right off of the bat because her spouse had found a job here in Ohio. I don't know if that helps you or not, but they made it known during my interview day that a lot of students apply to be an Ohio resident after just 1 year. Definitely something to check into further though if you are able to make it to second look day next weekend.

Hey, I do not have insight into their institutional scholarships but I distinctly remember my tour guide saying that she was OOS and normally, you can apply for in-state residency after 1 year, but the she had gotten it right off of the bat because her spouse had found a job here in Ohio. I don't know if that helps you or not, but they made it known during my interview day that a lot of students apply to be an Ohio resident after just 1 year. Definitely something to check into further though if you are able to make it to second look day next weekend.
She told me the same thing and even said I could reach out to her since I am married too, but I totally forgot her name and I can't seem to find where I wrote down her email address she gave me! Is there any way you could PM me her name or email address? I have looked at this exemption and would be possible for us to do, but we would probably need to move on it pretty quickly.

Thanks for the response.

She told me the same thing and even said I could reach out to her since I am married too, but I totally forgot her name and I can't seem to find where I wrote down her email address she gave me! Is there any way you could PM me her name or email address? I have looked at this exemption and would be possible for us to do, but we would probably need to move on it pretty quickly.

Thanks for the response.

I just tried PMing you her email address and it won't let me?? I don't know if it's my settings or yours

i cant believe it literally shaking. I loved this school and just got in wooooh!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi y’all, to those accepted was the rocket number in your email/portal initially or did it take a few days?

Does anyone know the schedule for second look? They have still not posted it and it is days away

Anybody whos been accepted, does UT show up in your AMCAS "choose a medial school"? Mines missing but have a rocket ID

Does anyone know the schedule for second look? They have still not posted it and it is days away
Nope....I find that strange that they haven't posted it

Anybody whos been accepted, does UT show up in your AMCAS "choose a medial school"? Mines missing but have a rocket ID

Mine did show up but I got accepted back in December and didn't log into AMCAS until this month so I don't know how fast AMCAS updated that Toledo accepted me. Maybe it takes some time to update?

For the general scholarship application - are you all just listing your activities or are you giving summaries of the activities as well?

How was second look? I wasn't able to attend the event but I'm excited to attend Toledo!

Does Toledo actually waitlist you? In the folder they give us at the interview it says, “applicants not receiving notice of acceptance or rejection are offered a place on our alternate list.” I interviewed 2/1 so it’s been over 8 weeks and I’ve heard nada.

waitlist and the alternate list are the same thing.
I meant if they send out a notice of being waitlisted! But I just called the admissions office to ask that same question and they said that there are still spots open, you are not necessarily waitlisted, and that they are extremely behind because most of their staff is on vacation/went on vacation.

I meant if they send out a notice of being waitlisted! But I just called the admissions office to ask that same question and they said that there are still spots open, you are not necessarily waitlisted, and that they are extremely behind because most of their staff is on vacation/went on vacation.
I was waitlisted recently so they do WL people

For those that went to second look, how did it go!? I live in CA and couldn't afford to fly out again but I definitely wish I was able to.

For those that went to second look, how did it go!? I live in CA and couldn't afford to fly out again but I definitely wish I was able to.

So well organized and helpful

Is anyone from 2/22 still waiting on a response?

finally got that pre-ii R

• Sad
When will they release financial aid? The deadline to dwindle our list to 3 is in a week. How do they expect us to make an informed decision?

3/8 interview date here. We at the 5 week mark. When do you think we will hear back?

Submitted my letter of intent yesterday. Ah!

Can someone comment when looking at last years M3 and M4 the COA is so high? I understand the tuition goes up, but why did living expense from first year (23k) jump up to 36k. That's a sizeable living expense increase. Just doesn't make sense. Am I missing something here?

I added all four years up and got a COA of about 294,000. However, students where telling me they graduate from 180-220k in debt. Even a low cost of living and rent, I don't see how you can get anywhere near close that number.

Does anyone have financial expertise on this or has looked into this as well? I'm trying to figure out the COA for a couple schools.

Was just accepted yesterday after interviewing on February 1st! Definitely took them longer than the 4-6 weeks they said on the interview day but I will take it haha.