2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi!!
Anyone accepted with a <500 mcat yet?
Thanks!

I see the interviews last 9:30-11:30. are we interviewed by once, or by two people. is it one-on-one interview?
There are 2 one-on-one interviews with faculty members, they each last around 45 minutes

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday. v grateful. Completed 9/23
hang in there ya'll.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does Howard accept updates like resume? if yes, how do you send it?
not sure but my buddy last app cycle sent a letter of intent following her II. I generally heard that (as a rule of thumb) don't bug any US MD until you've interviewed, there's an update selection/upload in the secondary, or you think something went wrong.
idr if there's a update prompt in the secondary

Sucks because I really do like Howard. Was complete around Sept 20th so I guess the skipped over me and since they don't send rejection till the end, don't wanna get my hopes up

Sucks because I really do like Howard. Was complete around Sept 20th so I guess the skipped over me and since they don't send rejection till the end, don't wanna get my hopes up

It's not the end of the cycle yet, and every II isn't sent in chronological order. There's still hope.

I’m simply King T’challa trying to get an II to Wakanda. Any recent II or findings of Vibranium?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sorry to ask this, I have read over the thread but I am still confused. Ultimately is the Casper required for application complete? Thank you

I interviewed on 10/24/2018 and was ACCEPTED 10/29/2018. Super quick turn around. Thank you Jesus!!!!
I was so worried about the lack of schools I’m hearing back from. URM AA female 3.8 504 but 120 in CARs. out of 25 schools I only heard back from 3. I’m so glad for the acceptance!

Reactions: 21 users
I interviewed on 10/24/2018 and was ACCEPTED 10/29/2018. Super quick turn around. Thank you Jesus!!!!
I was so worried about the lack of schools I’m hearing back from. URM AA female 3.8 504 but 120 in CARs. out of 25 schools I only heard back from 3. I’m so glad for the acceptance!
Wooooow that’s amazing congrats! God is good *praise hands emoji*

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first-time poster. I interviewed on 10/23 and got an acceptance earlier today. URM female with 495 MCAT, 3.82 science GPA, 3.81 cumulative GPA. Have faith and keep fighting!

Reactions: 26 users
Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first-time poster. I interviewed on 10/23 and got an acceptance earlier today. URM female with 495 MCAT, 3.82 science GPA, 3.81 cumulative GPA. Have faith and keep fighting!
Super congrats!!! Awesome!

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
I tried to PM you but it would not let me.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! How long did it take you to receive an interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted 10/29! Interviewed 10/24. MCAT 508, 3.4 cGPA, URM. Secondary complete ~9/15.

Reactions: 11 users
Interview was informative, insightful, and engaging. Be sure to remain relaxed and friendly; the staff/faculty can smell nervousness a mile away. Just remember, if you're interviewing here, they most likely want to accept you. Just give them a gentle and confident nudge in the right direction. Good luck and posi vibes

Submitted secondary a couple weeks ago, hoping for the best from here

Does anyone know if Howard is receptive to update letters ?

Does anyone know if Howard is receptive to update letters ?
They are ... I just let them know about my new experiences and they added it and sent the email “thank you, we have updated this in your primary application”

Congratulations!

Praying for the same blessing!

They are ... I just let them know about my new experiences and they added it and sent the email “thank you, we have updated this in your primary application”

Did you write the updates in the actual email or sent a Word document with details?

Did you write the updates in the actual email or sent a Word document with details?
They are receptive towards either so I typed mine in the email. I’m sure a word document is fine too.

Praying for positive news this week for everyone hoping!

Reactions: 7 users
II just now! Complete 10/24
509, cGPA 3.5

Reactions: 7 users
II just now! Complete 10/24
509, cGPA 3.5
Congratulations! There's hope. I was complete in October too. *Crosses fingers*.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone complete in September still waiting for interview?

Reactions: 5 users
I am lol

I wish there was one set day where we could all find out whether we were accepted or rejected

Do they review apps in order or what? I was complete 9/30 and I am freaking out now