2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called admissions yesterday and they said that no decisions will be made in December :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got my interview invite at the end of August, and I finally got a date today. IU has taught me patience.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the R. They received my primary about a month ago :wacky:

Do you think going to a regional campus gives you more opportunities for research or do you think the Indianapolis campus would be best for that?
Hmm. This is a good question. In my experience, I don't know of any first years even doing research at this point. 1st semester is a trip and a half let me tell you. But I will say that being at a regional campus could make it harder to find research opportunities during the year. For example, I was interested in pursuing some maternal health and perinatal research. I reached out to a professor on the Indy campus and we met for a meeting. She seemed excited to bring me aboard, and spoke of several projects she had in mind that I could work on. Even when I mentioned that I was at a regional campus she said she didn't think it would be a problem and I could do some remote work. But, I got an email a few weeks later basically saying "they didn't have any projects for me at this time and that they would email me in a couple months with an update." It's now been four months without any word. Does that mean they ghosted me because of the fact I'm at a regional campus? Not necesarily. But do I think it was? Yes.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the R. Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions yesterday and they said that no decisions will be made in December :(
I asked in an e-mail if decisions will be made/sent out in December and they said yes...? They also said this during the interview itself :dead:

Withdrew my application today (but the II date they had offered was in earlyish January for those wondering). Best of luck to you all!

Does anyone have any clue what their post Interview acceptance rate is around? II early October- got the date this week!!

Just got a email saying they received my application. Submitted like 3 months ago lol

Reactions: 1 users
Is IU receptive to post interview update letters?

Portal updated this morning. Accepted! Still waiting on the official letter in snail mail.

My one.iu account was updated yesterday so I think the two portals seem to be related.
so you did not receive a congrats email ?

I interviewed back September, and my portal still says under considerstion.

However I just received an email informing me I wasn’t selected for an interview.

Did anyone else get this? Was this an accident or?

I interviewed back September, and my portal still says under considerstion.

However I just received an email informing me I wasn’t selected for an interview.

Did anyone else get this? Was this an accident or?

I also interviewed in September, but I have not received any word through email and my application portal still says under consideration.

I also interviewed in September, but I have not received any word through email and my application portal still says under consideration.

Thanks for the reply.

Rejected today, OOS with no significant ties, LM ~ 70, got the application received email on 11/8. Good luck everyone else!

Should I be concerned if I was invited to interview in September but still haven't received my interview date? Very nerve-wracking.

Hi everyone, I’m not very active on here, but I made an account just to ask this. For those who interviewed, how long did it take for your portal to change to “under consideration”? I interviewed early November and it still says in process.

Thanks!!

Just got my interview date! Got the II on 10/05. Interview scheduled for 1/9. I was IS but just got changed to OOS.

Hi everyone, I’m not very active on here, but I made an account just to ask this. For those who interviewed, how long did it take for your portal to change to “under consideration”? I interviewed early November and it still says in process.

Thanks!!

Some have said it happened by the next morning. Personally, mine took a bit over a week. Were there any hangups with your references/dean evaluation/legal disclosure form? If so, I'd give them a call just to verify that they have all the info they need from you. I'm guessing mine took awhile because they had to reevaluate a rec letter the day before the interview - maybe something similar is happening with yours.

Some have said it happened by the next morning. Personally, mine took a bit over a week. Were there any hangups with your references/dean evaluation/legal disclosure form? If so, I'd give them a call just to verify that they have all the info they need from you. I'm guessing mine took awhile because they had to reevaluate a rec letter the day before the interview - maybe something similar is happening with yours.
dang :( I wonder why it hasn't changed... I had my letters, dean eval, and legal form all in weeks before I even interviewed. I just called though to double check and she confirmed everything was in... really hope this isn't an indication on the future outcome of my interview :drowning: this is my favorite school agh

Thanks!!

I interviewed early November and changed to "under consideration" last week

Hey ya'll, I received the II invite in early October and received the Interview date this morning. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long the interview day is? I'm attending the afternoon interview session but it seems that most flights departing Indy on my interview date leave at 6pm... I feel like this would be cutting it a little close. Since the actual interview begins at 3pm...

Hey ya'll, I received the II invite in early October and received the Interview date this morning. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long the interview day is? I'm attending the afternoon interview session but it seems that most flights departing Indy on my interview date leave at 6pm... I feel like this would be cutting it a little close. Since the actual interview begins at 3pm...

6pm is definitely too close. It's about 45 minutes from the Indy campus to the airport, so you should leave for the airport by 4:45 at the latest.

Which campus did you select?

6pm is definitely too close. It's about 45 minutes from the Indy campus to the airport, so you should leave for the airport by 4:45 at the latest.
Thank you I found a flight leaving at 6:45pm