2018-2019 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview scheduled for march. They said they're last day to interview is 3/21/19~

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Probably just being neurotic here but did anyone who got accepted not feel fantastic about their MMI performance? Had a station or two that I didn’t feel confident about. Considering sending them an update letter (with things of substance of course)

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably just being neurotic here but did anyone who got accepted not feel fantastic about their MMI performance? Had a station or two that I didn’t feel confident about. Considering sending them an update letter (with things of substance of course)

What do you hope to accomplish with an update since you’re already accepted?

I think one of the purposes of the MMI is to gauge how you are with different people & questions. It’s ok if you don’t do great on each and every one.

What do you hope to accomplish with an update since you’re already accepted?

I think one of the purposes of the MMI is to gauge how you are with different people & questions. It’s ok if you don’t do great on each and every one.

Sorry I should’ve been more clear! I haven’t been accepted yet, I interviewed recently and decisions won’t be out for a couple weeks most likely. Was just wondering if I still have a chance at an acceptance despite being off my game at a couple of stations (was also sick with a sinus infection that day). My bad

Sorry I should’ve been more clear! I haven’t been accepted yet, I interviewed recently and decisions won’t be out for a couple weeks most likely. Was just wondering if I still have a chance at an acceptance despite being off my game at a couple of stations (was also sick with a sinus infection that day). My bad

Try not to worry! I felt like I definitely could've done better in a few stations during my MMI, but it turned into an acceptance for me. My advice would be that it's not worth worrying over-- you don't have to nail each station to get an A.

Reactions: 2 users
Try not to worry! I felt like I definitely could've done better in a few stations during my MMI, but it turned into an acceptance for me. My advice would be that it's not worth worrying over-- you don't have to nail each station to get an A.

Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Obviously might not get the same result, but it’s comforting to know that others have felt the same. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Exactly what I was hoping to hear. Obviously might not get the same result, but it’s comforting to know that others have felt the same. Thank you!

I also felt bad about 2 stations. Not that I tremendously messed up, but I felt like I didn’t explain myself very well for one of the stations. At the other station, my interviewer actually brought up an important argument which he thought I missed, but I actually mentioned it at the beginning of the station.

I also felt bad about 2 stations. Not that I tremendously messed up, but I felt like I didn’t explain myself very well for one of the stations. At the other station, my interviewer actually brought up an important argument which he thought I missed, but I actually mentioned it at the beginning of the station.

That is how I felt to a T. Pretty much wanted to face palm myself after one station for not explaining myself better/coming up with more ideas because the interviewer seemed very unimpressed/conversation felt very forced. Have been cringing about it since. Thank you for sharing, it is immensely appreciated!

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone who got accepted get the packet in the mail and/or a confirmation email that your deposit and form have been received? I haven't gotten anything yet, have tried calling the number they gave me in the email and even left a voicemail last week. I'm probably being neurotic, but would still like some confirmation from them!

did anyone who got accepted get the packet in the mail and/or a confirmation email that your deposit and form have been received? I haven't gotten anything yet, have tried calling the number they gave me in the email and even left a voicemail last week. I'm probably being neurotic, but would still like some confirmation from them!

Hey! I never got any sort of confirmation either. I ended up calling admissions too (re: neurotic), and they looked up my file and confirmed that everything was received. I think its normal that you haven't received any confirmation, but there's no harm in calling!

Oh ok. In that case yes send your update if it’s significant but don’t worry about it. My first station was a hot mess and I made a silly avoidable mistake in the second one but still got an outright acceptance.
It’s already done, no need to worry and fret about it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
withdrew my application and my interview offer this morning, I hope it goes to one of you! good luck this cycle!!

So, they are almost done?
Hey! I'm a current med student here at NYMC and I can reassure you that they still send out interview invites. I got mine in the beginning of March for an interview a couple weeks later. There's still hope! And if this helps, I would say a good number of people from my interview day ended up getting accepted and joining the class. So don't give up!

Reactions: 8 users
Hey! I'm a current med student here at NYMC and I can reassure you that they still send out interview invites. I got mine in the beginning of March for an interview a couple weeks later. There's still hope! And if this helps, I would say a good number of people from my interview day ended up getting accepted and joining the class. So don't give up!

Nice to have you on the thread!

Anybody know if NYMC matches tuition/scholarships from other schools?

Usually financial aid/scholarship packages aren’t given out before May, but it can’t hurt to contact them and say you really want to come but cost is a factor and XYZ school has offered you ABC scholarship. The worst they can say is no!

Accepted on Monday 1/28! Interviewed 12/18. This is my first acceptance so i'm pretty thrilled :) Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for accepted students? Thanks!

Accepted on Monday 1/28! Interviewed 12/18. This is my first acceptance so i'm pretty thrilled :) Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for accepted students? Thanks!

Congrats!

Yes there is- I got an email recently from the Student2student group at NYMC containing the FB link: Log into Facebook | Facebook . Since you just got accepted, the moderators of the page may not know you’re accepted yet though

Has anyone on here tried to move up their interview date with success? I'm interviewing on 2/28 and would love to interview sooner if anything opens up.

EDIT: I emailed them and they responded telling me to call them. They answered my call on the first try and offered me a spot around 2-3 weeks earlier (~ 1 week from today, so probably couldn't have gotten anything much sooner than that).

Last edited:
I emailed after calling their offices and always getting voicemail, and they called back the same day to move up my date.

I emailed 2 months ago and no response, decided just to keep my date to give myself a chance to save some more money for the trip

Does anyone know how scholarships work at NYMC or if it’s to be expected at all?

Has anyone on here tried to move up their interview date with success? I'm interviewing on 2/28 and would love to interview sooner if anything opens up.

I did this when I interviewed, took an open spot 4 weeks before my scheduled date. Worth a try by email or phone!

Could anyone talk about the interview day here, in general? I'm sure someone has posted something before but right now I'm too lazy to look through everything!

Also, which hotels did you guys stay at/did you like it?

Withdrawing interview. Never imagined I'd be doing such a thing. Best of luck to anyone still waiting <3

Reactions: 8 users
Have you already received an acceptance elsewhere?

Yea. Got accepted to a school who's interview day I loved, but was still planning to attend to NYMC interview. Recently got an II offer from a school I'm heavily biased towards, but had given up hope for, so I'm focused on that instead. Confident that I'll get into this new II so I'd prefer to narrow down my decision making and save time by not attending the NYMC interview.

Last edited:
Yea. Got accepted to a school that I love but was still planning to attend to NYMC interview. Recently got an II offer from a school I'm heavily biased towards, but had given up hope for, so I'm focused on that instead. Confident that I'll get into this new II so I'd prefer to narrow down my decision making and save time by not attending the NYMC interview.
Sounds like smart-decision making to me. I'll follow a similar plan , I plan to hear back from my top choice tomorrow, so I'm waiting until then to schedule this flight.

Reactions: 3 users
Still haven't heard back. Wondering if that means I have a decent chance at getting an II, or if they're just gonna keep me on silent until the very end...

Reactions: 4 users
Still haven't heard back. Wondering if that means I have a decent chance at getting an II, or if they're just gonna keep me on silent until the very end...

There’s definitely still a chance at interview. As we see a few posts up someone cancelled their spot which will now go to someone else. It’s late in the season but all hope is not lost yet!

As I mentioned, my own interview invite came in March. You may get invited or just have to wait until the end of the season, but if you’re not rejected then you’re still in the game!

Reactions: 3 users
That is how I felt to a T. Pretty much wanted to face palm myself after one station for not explaining myself better/coming up with more ideas because the interviewer seemed very unimpressed/conversation felt very forced. Have been cringing about it since. Thank you for sharing, it is immensely appreciated!
Serious question: Is this just a NY thing? I have heard that NY people are kinda suspicious, unimpressed, or otherwise serious sometimes. They also are known to not have a lot of patience. I also felt like not all of my MMI stations went great, so I hope this is because of the interviewers' individual differences from us. Hopefully it went better than we think lol

Serious question: Is this just a NY thing? I have heard that NY people are kinda suspicious, unimpressed, or otherwise serious sometimes. They also are known to not have a lot of patience. I also felt like not all of my MMI stations went great, so I hope this is because of the interviewers' individual differences from us. Hopefully it went better than we think lol

I think walking around the streets this is probably true, but interviewers are physicians, professors,admissions staff, and medical students. Having sat on both sides of the desk I can tell you that each interviewer has their own style, but applicants also aren’t always as well composed or articulate as they think they are.

I think walking around the streets this is probably true, but interviewers are physicians, professors,admissions staff, and medical students. Having sat on both sides of the desk I can tell you that each interviewer has their own style, but applicants also aren’t always as well composed or articulate as they think they are.
Imo (feel free to disagree), NYMC interviewers seemed largely reserved. I had an MMI 2 weeks prior and the interviewers were wayyy more enthusiastic and energetic with me. It is easier to feed off of

Placed on-hold on 1/31 and I was complete in July.

anyone else complete in early July and silence from NYMC since then?

Reactions: 10 users
hi! i have similar stats as you and am applying next cycle. do you mind sharing the schools you applied to? and congrats on your first acceptance!

Hey, welcome! Just so you know, there’s a sub forum here under pre-MD for “what are my chances” that a lot of people frequent to help make school lists, you might get much more help there than here!