2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ITS LIT! II!

Complete in July 07/07 Holistic Review 07/11
Good ish man! Rock that Interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Based on last year's thread it seems like they're done sending II's for December. They might send a few in the beginning of January but if you don't get one by then it's probably over

Nope! II this morning. Complete early August, IS, LM ~76ish, three interview dates available at the end of January.

Cool to know that they're putting in work on the weekend! Bizarre to wake up to that on a Sunday morning.

Reactions: 5 users
For those that have sent updates/letters of interest, does admissions reply acknowledging that they have received them?

Thanks all, and happy holidays! :)

Cancelling my interview and withdrawing. Best of luck to the rest of you guys :’)

Reactions: 7 users
Do any current students know if Northwestern matches merit scholarships from other schools?

For those that have sent updates/letters of interest, does admissions reply acknowledging that they have received them?

Thanks all, and happy holidays! :)

my first update I got a reply confirming the update was added to my file but I didn't get a confirmation of my most recent update which was sent about 2 weeks ago. Maybe the admissions office has been off for the holidays/new year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any current students know if Northwestern matches merit scholarships from other schools?

They may not completely match but they could give you additional aid. It is definitely worth informing them of other scholarships and politely asking if they could give more! Message me if you more specific questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Longtime lurker finally posting here. When I interviewed in early November, Dean Kundu said that admissions decisions would be released early to mid-January. Did she give a more specific date about when these decisions would be released to anybody who interviewed later than that?

Longtime lurker finally posting here. When I interviewed in early November, Dean Kundu said that admissions decisions would be released early to mid-January. Did she give a more specific date about when these decisions would be released to anybody who interviewed later than that?
I interviewed December 11 and they said that the next batch of decisions would be released in a few weeks from that date. I would think that we should hear something this week.

I interviewed December 11 and they said that the next batch of decisions would be released in a few weeks from that date. I would think that we should hear something this week.

I was expecting end of January/beginning of February! I interviewed beginning of December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was expecting end of January/beginning of February! I interviewed beginning of December

I interviewed the second week of December and they said beginning-mid February!

I just meant when the next batch would be released. I know the third batch is sometime in February.

Hmmm, curious as to why they weren't more specific with the dates for your guys batch. Just to make sure, you guys are saying that this is your guess and they didn't mention specific dates during your interview, right? To fully elaborate on what Dean Kundu told our day, she said that a small number of applicants would be accepted in early to mid-January, while the rest would be deferred to receiving a final decision in mid-February. I apologize if I am creating any confusion with these different timelines, but I just want to make sure if anything changed regarding the timeline for receiving a decision.

Hmmm, curious as to why they weren't more specific with the dates for your guys batch. Just to make sure, you guys are saying that this is your guess and they didn't mention specific dates during your interview, right? To fully elaborate on what Dean Kundu told our day, she said that a small number of applicants would be accepted in early to mid-January, while the rest would be deferred to receiving a final decision in mid-February. I apologize if I am creating any confusion with these different timelines, but I just want to make sure if anything changed regarding the timeline for receiving a decision.

They accept a select few applicants ahead of time and the rest are all accepted in February. I interviewed in September and they sent out a few acceptances in November and the rest of us were deferred to February. It's like partial rolling admissions or something like that.

They accept a select few applicants ahead of time and the rest are all accepted in February. I interviewed in September and they sent out a few acceptances in November and the rest of us were deferred to February. It's like partial rolling admissions or something like that.

This sounds right :)

Congrats!!!! Are they doing some regular MD acceptances too?

Not sure. Sorry!

Edit: I emailed them a thank you note yesterday but not sure if that will work for MD only lol

I doubt it- they specifically told us no thank you notes
Or maybe it's like that Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Ben Stiller tells Larry to come to his Birthday Party, but specifically not to bring a present. When Larry gets to the party, he's the only person who didn't bring a present because "When they say not to bring a present, they are just being polite, but everyone knows you still bring a present". So maybe they just said not to send a thank you note but expected us to see through the BS lol.

Reactions: 3 users
Or maybe it's like that Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Ben Stiller tells Larry to come to his Birthday Party, but specifically not to bring a present. When Larry gets to the party, he's the only person who didn't bring a present because "When they say not to bring a present, they are just being polite, but everyone knows you still bring a present". So maybe they just said not to send a thank you note but expected us to see through the BS lol.
No, I think they really don't want people sending thank you notes. And I don't really think it's the smartest to disregard a direct order from admissions haha

If this is true then im screwed at most places :p

Hahaha love the reference! But if out lives were to run like Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes, then we would have a lot more problems than whether or not to send thank you notes.

But more seriously, I agree with veggiemed- probably best not to ignore a direct request from Dean Kundu to not send tank yous. Although it may not have hurt pursuinghappy

Last edited:
Are they still sending out rejections or interviews? Man I’ve been complete for like 5 months here

Reactions: 3 users
Are they still sending out rejections or interviews? Man I’ve been complete for like 5 months here
Last year's thread.... Today was last date in which I saw II

edit: 2 yrs ago they gave out invites [few] until 29JAN

Last edited:
They said (in a phone call not too long ago) that they're giving out IIs until mid-January! There's some hope left for us!

Final decisions are in February if I'm remembering correctly from my interview day, so my guess is that they are winding down with IIs. In the last 2 years' threads, it seems like there was a big slew of pre-II rejections around Jan 25th.

Got an II earlier this week, dates for the end of Jan and beginning of Feb, complete in July

Just got the email saying Id hear back after February.

Anyone else who interviewed in December get this email or an acceptance? Wondering if this is a hold/deferral :(

Just got the email saying Id hear back after February.

Anyone else who interviewed in December get this email or an acceptance? Wondering if this is a hold/deferral :(
Also interviewed in early December and just got this email. I think it's a deferral

Just got the deferral :(. Does anyone know what percentage of the class is accepted in February?

Also interviewed in early December and just got this email. I think it's a deferral
Oh man. Wonder if everyone who interviewed in December will hear back then or if its just some of us. I thought the interview went so well too.

Congrats to everyone who’s getting the A though!!

I got accepted! Interviewed 12/3!

2019 cycle:
2° - 20 // II - 12 // IA - 11 // A - 2 // WL - 1 // R - 2

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the deferral :(. Does anyone know what percentage of the class is accepted in February?

Don't worry, the majority is accepted later. They said only a select few get earlier acceptances.

Congrats to those accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know when they stop sending IIs? I'm sure odds are low at this point, but just curious.

Anyone know when they stop sending IIs? I'm sure odds are low at this point, but just curious.

Pretty sure they said till mid-January, so that would probably mean that next week is the final week for any remaining IIs.

Also got deferred. Does anyone who is planning to send in updates know the best way to send new grades? Should we send in a formal transcript or just list them out?