2018-2019 Stanford University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So... should we not expect any waitlist movement at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

No. I think there will be movement but most may not come until early June. New traffic rules have not given admission officers the clarity they need to understand whether they have a full class. That certainty is likely not to come until folks exercise their Commit to Enroll.

Is this speculation or insider info?

Seems like someone just got off the waitlist so I guess movement is starting to happen now!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get any clarification about whether they still accept updates from people on the waitlist? I emailed them a while ago asking about that, but never heard back.

Was emailed survey asking about interest (4 days ago)
Accepted off WL @ noon PST. Got call, then email (1 day ago)

Reactions: 3 users
Also did not receive survey.
+1 but was pulled off the waitlist at the other Bay Area school earlier this month. Stanford was my top choice this cycle but these games makin it fall out of favor...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 but was pulled off the waitlist at the other Bay Area school earlier this month. Stanford was my top choice this cycle but these games makin it fall out of favor...
yea thats pretty mean :/

Reactions: 1 user
I would probably refrain from reading too much into the fb group, or whatever this survey is (I'm accepted and have no idea what y'all are referring to). After May 15th, probably 99% of WL movement will be done.

I would probably refrain from reading too much into the fb group, or whatever this survey is (I'm accepted and have no idea what y'all are referring to). After May 15th, probably 99% of WL movement will be done.

I hope this doesn't come off as me sounding like I'm overly optimistic or in denial about waitlist movement tapering off, but I thought @Fencer or another program admin had mentioned at some point in a thread that due to a more drawn out cycle, there was likely to be more waitlist movement in June?

It seem's like it's an interest survey for a few students on the waitlist.

Can someone in the Facebook group share information about the survey? How many people are planning on attending? Does it seem like the class is full?

Hate to be the pessimistic one, but I imagine the class is full by now. Based on last year, Stanford sent out WL offers pretty early on

It’s highly likely that the class is full, but since traffic rules changed this year, there might be a small chance the class isn’t full.

Can someone in the Facebook group share information about the survey? How many people are planning on attending? Does it seem like the class is full?
It's not really a survey, it's just a fb poll that one of the current students put up. 65 people have said "yes I'm coming!" and 2 have said "yes but deferring." However I doubt that is an accurate reflection of the current class size because I'm sure some people haven't answered the poll.

Last edited:
Officially gave up on the waitlist here. Good luck to all of you still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Just officially got the R from the WL. Good luck everyone else!

Reactions: 3 users
Just officially got the R from the WL. Good luck everyone else!
At least they’re sending Rs from the WL as opposed to stringing people along. GJ Stanford and GL to you my friend

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone on the waitlist here not receive a rejection but also not receive one of those interest surveys?

Anyone on the waitlist here not receive a rejection but also not receive one of those interest surveys?
Still on WL but did not receive interest survey. I sent an LOI in early April prior to being WL'd (so I'm hoping they already know I'm interested lol)

Haven't ever posted on SDN (and apparently made this account a while ago that I forgot about)... but wanted to share what Stanford Admissions told me regarding their current status. Like some of you who've commented above, I'm currently on the waitlist, never got the interest survey, and hadn't heard anything official since my waitlist notification email. I asked Admissions about potential waitlist movement since I have to "commit to enroll" to my other school (and remove myself from the Stanford waitlist) by the end of this weekend. Here's what they said:

"It is possible that there will be more movement on the waitlist, however, at this time our class is full. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any more information regarding your chances or a final decision."

Kind of a bummer, but I guess these new protocols mean I have to remove myself from Stanford's waitlist without ever receiving an official answer.

Hey, 2019-2020 applicant here - I was curious if any KH scholars or previous KH applicants would be willing to go over my KH application?