Jul 10, 2017
Haven't ever posted on SDN (and apparently made this account a while ago that I forgot about)... but wanted to share what Stanford Admissions told me regarding their current status. Like some of you who've commented above, I'm currently on the waitlist, never got the interest survey, and hadn't heard anything official since my waitlist notification email. I asked Admissions about potential waitlist movement since I have to "commit to enroll" to my other school (and remove myself from the Stanford waitlist) by the end of this weekend. Here's what they said:

"It is possible that there will be more movement on the waitlist, however, at this time our class is full. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any more information regarding your chances or a final decision."

Kind of a bummer, but I guess these new protocols mean I have to remove myself from Stanford's waitlist without ever receiving an official answer.

Apr 24, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Haven't ever posted on SDN (and apparently made this account a while ago that I forgot about)... but wanted to share what Stanford Admissions told me regarding their current status. Like some of you who've commented above, I'm currently on the waitlist, never got the interest survey, and hadn't heard anything official since my waitlist notification email. I asked Admissions about potential waitlist movement since I have to "commit to enroll" to my other school (and remove myself from the Stanford waitlist) by the end of this weekend. Here's what they said:

"It is possible that there will be more movement on the waitlist, however, at this time our class is full. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any more information regarding your chances or a final decision."

Kind of a bummer, but I guess these new protocols mean I have to remove myself from Stanford's waitlist without ever receiving an official answer.
Thank you. And congratulations on your other acceptance. Best of luck.

This is consistent with the messaging of most other T20 schools.