2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also got the call this morning. Interviewed 1/29.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Deferred! They try to say it's not a waitlist and that they're just comparing you to future interviewees from what I gathered. Guess we'll see

For those that were recently deferred, are you Maine track or Boston track?

For anyone who has been waitlisted/deferred for a while now, did you receive an email to still fill out their financial aid application? Just dont wanna overthink this is a positive sign

For anyone who has been waitlisted/deferred for a while now, did you receive an email to still fill out their financial aid application? Just dont wanna overthink this is a positive sign
Deferred in November and received the financial aid email a few weeks after :/

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received an email about submitting a deposit yet?
They didn't say anything about a deposit in the emails? Do you know from past years when they expect admitted students to do this/is it refundable?

They didn't say anything about a deposit in the emails? Do you know from past years when they expect admitted students to do this/is it refundable?

They said to expect an email about a deposit in January, but that email never came. I'm sure they're working on it! I'm not sure if it is refundable, but it was for my other school so I'd expect it to be the same for Tufts?

They said to expect an email about a deposit in January, but that email never came. I'm sure they're working on it! I'm not sure if it is refundable, but it was for my other school so I'd expect it to be the same for Tufts?
Gotcha. It says online that it is refundable, but I just don't get the point in a $100 refundable deposit. Why not just let us have until April to decide if we are coming and go from there

I contacted the admissions office and they said emails about deposits/committing to enroll will be sent out this week

Reactions: 1 users
R today. Things aren't looking good this cycle.

• Sad
Anyone else who was in the FB group noticing that it is no longer up? Or is that just me...?

apparently there is an official fb group. but no news on that yet
they said on that facebook page (created by a group of accepted students) that it wasn't official, therefore they were going to take it down and then have someone from Tufts create a new one

Reactions: 1 users
Just received the deposit fee email. Deposit due within 2 weeks of email receipt.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when second look is? Sorry if this has already been asked.
Second Look Reception + additional student council events: Thursday, April 11
Revisit Program at the Office of Multicultural Affairs: Friday, April 12 - Saturday, April 13

I am about to withdraw my application from Tufts. Hopefully, the invite I accepted for March 5th goes to one of you.

Finally rejected, pre-II. guess this is the end of my hopes of coming back to Boston :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think a deferred applicant's LOI is actually considered? I am not even sure what I can add to my application at this point. Kinda sucks we weren't good enough to be accepted immediately and have been pushed to the side until further notice.

Does anyone know what the second look is going to be like? From the email, it feels like a 1 hour reception...

Does anyone know what the second look is going to be like? From the email, it feels like a 1 hour reception...

According to last year's application thread, you had the option to choose tours and what not, but the main thing was the reception in the late afternoon. So yes, it would seem like it is indeed just a reception. Maybe a current student can shed some light on this!

Has anyone received financial aid award letter?

Anyone care to address why only 15 applicants were deferred last year? Does this even make sense lol

Attachments

• B3F31D1B-12B3-4C19-B674-28689F6ACF67.jpeg
    B3F31D1B-12B3-4C19-B674-28689F6ACF67.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 150