2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone care to address why only 15 applicants were deferred last year? Does this even make sense lol

I think this means 16 people were accepted and got approved to defer their matriculation until the next year

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Any chance anyone knows when the committee meets (like what days/when’s next)? I wanna submit an update before then.

I called the admissions office and they said it’s fine to submit updates and they will take letters of intent into consideration as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre II. ORM non-trad LizzyM ~67. Complete Sept. Accepted else where and trying to be a good SDN citizen by updating my R's.

I sincerely hope the best for everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance today, I hope it goes to one of you! :)

Unrelated to admissions, are any of my fellow deferred applicants still getting the monthly Tufts medicine magazine? I got another one recently lol

sooo is committee meeting this week?

Have there been any waitlists or just deferrals? Trying to understand what the deferral really means in this process...

Have there been any waitlists or just deferrals? Trying to understand what the deferral really means in this process...
it seems like no one really knows what deferral means........

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Deferral is the basically the same thing as waitlist. They probably use the word deferred because they will select few from the deferred list prior to traffic day and then the rest will be waitlisted, meaning their apps wont be considered for admission till probably after traffic day. Just my assumption

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an invite to / heard anything about the Revisit Program hosted by the Office of Multicultural Affairs?

Just withdrew my acceptance. How long will it take to get me deposit back??

Where my Maine Track deferred peeps at? Think we will hear before April?

(interviewed Oct, deferred since Nov)

Where my Maine Track deferred peeps at? Think we will hear before April?

(interviewed Oct, deferred since Nov)

Same- interviewed in Oct, deferred in Nov, and no answer since. I didn't expect to hear back for awhile but I am kind of bitter that I had to fill that financial aid information out for potentially nothing lol

Sooo how are y'all paying for this school? :eek:

Also, I forgot, I called admissions office 2 days ago about Deferment stuff and they said that we (about deferment) should have word one way or the other by the first week of May.

Also, I forgot, I called admissions office 2 days ago about Deferment stuff and they said that we (about deferment) should have word one way or the other by the first week of May.
Thanks for doing that. Did they say by first week of May? Or during first week of May? Wondering if they’ll give us anything at all throughout April...

speaking of paying... I wonder when the financial aid is going to be released lol

Does anyone know how this will work with the AMCAS pick your school thingy? If I already have an acceptance and I'm still deferred here but not waitlisted, then does that mean I will have to withdraw my application?

Question...if I was deferred and did not fill out financial aid packet, should I consider submitting it even if this late and regardless of the outcome of my application?

Reactions: 1 user