2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who interviewed hear anything yet??
You can't hear until October 15th

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone who interviewed here tell me how the day was? How many interviews there are, if there are student interviews or just faculty... the portal doesn't have too much info and I was just wondering what to expect

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who interviewed here tell me how the day was? How many interviews there are, if there are student interviews or just faculty... the portal doesn't have too much info and I was just wondering what to expect
One student and one faculty one-on-one traditional interview.

One student and one faculty one-on-one traditional interview.
Are you for regular MD?
I am interviewing Friday and was informed MMI and 2 one-on-one interviews. But I'm Maine track.

Are you for regular MD?
I am interviewing Friday and was informed MMI and 2 one-on-one interviews. But I'm Maine track.
Maine might be different- I interviewed for the Boston Track, MD only

Reactions: 1 user

I had two faculty interviews. No students. I think it’s just random.

Maine might be different- I interviewed for the Boston Track, MD only
Congratulations on your II, hope it goes well! I am also interviewing for the Maine Track on 11/1, and was wondering if you know of good hotels that are nearby to stay in for the night before?

Congratulations on your II, hope it goes well! I am also interviewing for the Maine Track on 11/1, and was wondering if you know of good hotels that are nearby to stay in for the night before?
There are a whole bunch of hotels in Portland, but I know there's a La Quinta not far from Maine Medical Center. But also, I've had really great experiences with AirBnB for my interview overnights so far. Would definitely recommend checking out AirBnBs in Portland, there are dozens to choose from!

There are a whole bunch of hotels in Portland, but I know there's a La Quinta not far from Maine Medical Center. But also, I've had really great experiences with AirBnB for my interview overnights so far. Would definitely recommend checking out AirBnBs in Portland, there are dozens to choose from!
Thank you for that! Super helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed here today. It was a great experience. I had a lot of fun talking with and getting to know some of the other applicants. If anyone I interviewed with is reading this, I wish you the best and hope our paths cross in the future.

Reactions: 10 users
II !!!!!! Complete 8/10 LM: 69 URM OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Do they actually send out rejections? I've been complete since 08/09, haven't heard back yet

Do they actually send out rejections? I've been complete since 08/09, haven't heard back yet
Last year I was complete the end of august and got rejected pre interview in mid december. I dont know how long their interview season goes. Been complete since 7/2 and nada here.

Just interviewed here today. It was a great experience. I had a lot of fun talking with and getting to know some of the other applicants. If anyone I interviewed with is reading this, I wish you the best and hope our paths cross in the future.
I interviewed on the same day as you!! Wish you the best!!

Post-secondary rejection last year, II today! LM 61-62, OOS, URM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
I applied to the normal Tufts track but have become increasingly interested in their Maine track. Do you know if it is too late to apply to that program? Historically, has anyone ever been considered this late in the game?

For those that have already interviewed, have they mentioned if there's still an option to choose a dual degree program even though we selected no on the secondary?

Interested in the MD/MBA program

For those that have already interviewed, have they mentioned if there's still an option to choose a dual degree program even though we selected no on the secondary?

Yes, applicants can submit additional materials for MD/MBA and/or MD/MPH at any time. I would assume you just change your selection under the “Optional Program Selection” tab.

how was your interview day set up? did you have 2 faculties or one faculty and one student?

AMCAS verified 8/11, "fake complete" 8/13, real complete after processing my institutional action letter, 9/25.

What do you mean institutional action letter? I don't see that Tuft's requires a separate letter be mailed to address IA's. I know that Temple does in fact require this.

Last edited:
What do you mean institutional action letter?

If you had an institutional action, they will send you a separate email asking for an official at your school to provide a written statement about it.

If you had an institutional action, they will send you a separate email asking for an official at your school to provide a written statement about it.

Do you know if they'll ask for it before or after receiving the "Secondary Application Complete" - which states "We are contacting you to confirm that all required documents for your application to Tufts University School of Medicine have been received"

I got the confirmation email on 8/14. I have the typical frosh year beer-in-your-dorm IA but haven't received a request for such a letter.

Do you know if they'll ask for it before or after receiving the "Secondary Application Complete" - which states "We are contacting you to confirm that all required documents for your application to Tufts University School of Medicine have been received"

I got the confirmation email on 8/14. I have the typical frosh year beer-in-your-dorm IA but haven't received a request for such a letter.

They'll ask you for it right about the time that you will get your II, maybe a week prior.

They'll ask you for it right about the time that you will get your II, maybe a week prior.

Not necessarily; I got the request for the IA letter a little over a week after I was complete, and then the II about a month after they got the IA letter.

Not necessarily; I got the request for the IA letter a little over a week after I was complete, and then the II about a month after they got the IA letter.

Yeah don't listen to me. I suppose, just like most everything else in this application process, there are few hard and fast rules and this is not one of those.

Yes there is. They specifically addressed this during interview day and brought in representatives from the MPH and MBA programs to talk to us.

Same! I can log in to my portal but not my status. Maybe cause they are updating it with an interview :) lol

Reactions: 12 users
Same but I also can’t access any other tab when I log in idk if that’s the case for everyone else too

I doubt we're all getting interviews. Hopefully, it's just a glitch and nothing bad is about to go down ...