2018-2019 Tufts University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm able to access the status tab again now, and no updates :/ system must've just been down

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maine track people: did you write thank yous to your interviewers and mail them to the address listed on the interview sheet? Or just email?

I applied to the normal Tufts track but have become increasingly interested in their Maine track. Do you know if it is too late to apply to that program? Historically, has anyone ever been considered this late in the game?

It may be a bit late but you could still be considered if your application speaks to the fact that you'd be a good fit for rural medicine in Maine. I know someone who applied later than October and got the chance to interview. If you are truly interested, why not give it a shot?

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS verified 8/11, "fake complete" 8/13, real complete after processing my institutional action letter, 9/25.
Did you receive an email saying that your application is complete and entered the review pool prior to sending you the request for the IA letter?

I've been on complete status since 08/16. I have an IA but never received a request for it and my portal says I'm complete!

Did you receive an email saying that your application is complete and entered the review pool prior to sending you the request for the IA letter?

I've been on complete status since 08/16. I have an IA but never received a request for it and my portal says I'm complete!

Not the user you quoted but I got a complete/under review email when all my stuff was submitted, and then a request for a letter regarding my IA a little over a week and a half after getting the complete email. This was back in July though; their review process might be a bit slower now that more people have submitted.

Not the user you quoted but I got a complete/under review email when all my stuff was submitted, and then a request for a letter regarding my IA a little over a week and a half after getting the complete email. This was back in July though; their review process might be a bit slower now that more people have submitted.

Thanks!
I'm probably rejected, so they don't want to bother requesting the IA letter lol

Is it submitted through AMCAS or a special form that needs to be filled?

Thanks!
I'm probably rejected, so they don't want to bother requesting the IA letter lol

Nah don't say that! It's not an R til the R is in your inbox (unless they silent reject lol).

It's neither of those; they just ask for an "official explanation from your college or university." I just got a letter from the Dean of Student's office and had it sent directly to the person/address they specified in the email.

Thanks!

It said I was complete, and then they asked for the letter of IA. Also, last year, they asked for the IA and received it, before rejecting me, so don't remove yourself from the running unless they send you the rejection email.

Maine track people: did you write thank yous to your interviewers and mail them to the address listed on the interview sheet? Or just email?
I got the impression that because they gave us their mailing addresses that it would be best to hand write thank you notes. That's what I will be doing!

I got the impression that because they gave us their mailing addresses that it would be best to hand write thank you notes. That's what I will be doing!
That does make sense, haha. I wonder too about the MMI interviewers, since we weren’t given their contact info? Maybe just an email to admissions in general as well to include them in thanks? Or maybe I’m overthinking it

II this morning!!! I love this school! LM 75, complete 7/26. Also IS and a Tufts alum which couldn't have hurt.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/6... Did Tufts throw my app away and forget to send me my R??

Reactions: 15 users
i hear you... same boat.... as well as Dartmouth, Vermont, Brown, etc.... it seems like ALL of them forgot to send me rejection letter. It is actually making me nervous (the unbreakable silence).

Reactions: 2 users

I know Tufts receives a higher-than-average amount of apps. If it's any consolation I was complete 7/15 and haven't heard anything either.

anyone who interviwed in September remember when they said we can hear a decision?

Good luck everyone. The day is coming!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi,
At the interview, did they say if they will notify decision for dual degree program separately from MD?

Hi friends, I'm a current M1 at Tufts, happy to answer any questions. I know this is an especially stressful day for a lot of you guys!

So it doesn’t look like we are going to hear anything today :/

Anyone got into a dual degree program? Do they announce the decision separately?

Is everyone with acceptances regular MD?

Have any folks on the west coast gotten the call?

Asked too soon (I live in SF) ! Just got the call from the Dean of Admissions! Accepted :D

Good luck to everyone still in the process! Loved my interview day at Tufts. I am very excited about the offer :)

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted this morning by phone!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the call too!!! Feels so surreal!!

Is everyone with acceptances regular MD?
It looks like the first round of Maine Track acceptance calls went out at the very end of October judging by last year's thread. I'm right there with you, eagerly awaiting the decision.

Anyone with a recent II know what dates are being offered? Trying to reschedule mine that’s in 3 weeks

edit: into january!

Last edited:
anyone still waiting to hear back?