2018-2019 University of Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those accepted, what time during the day was the acceptance call for you guys?

Post II rejection received about half an hour ago. Had the phone interview at the end of January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for waitlist movement to begin no later than 2 weeks from now!!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know about the drug testing policy here? Am i going to be drug tested before school starts or only before clinicals?

I'm so anxious -.- Does anyone know how many people are typically taken off the waitlist? I know if varies year to year but i was wondering if it hovers close to a certain number.

I'm so anxious -.- Does anyone know how many people are typically taken off the waitlist? I know if varies year to year but i was wondering if it hovers close to a certain number.
Same here and today I checked out there Facebook page for accepted applicants. There are only 221 members for class of 2023 whereas 407 for class of 2022 and ~360 for class of 2021 so I am guessing there will be a huge acceptance wave this week. Wish us the best

I just withdrew my acceptance, hopefully my spot goes to one of you soon! I'm OOS.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here and today I checked out there Facebook page for accepted applicants. There are only 221 members for class of 2023 whereas 407 for class of 2022 and ~360 for class of 2021 so I am guessing there will be a huge acceptance wave this week. Wish us the best
I hope so!!! Looking at MSAR, the class size is 240. Besides admins, idk who else could be in there for the other years. XD

Has anyone found luck finding a lease that begins prior to orientation in any apartments near campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone found luck finding a lease that begins prior to orientation in any apartments near campus?
I was looking at a few more downtown apartments (365 and nic on fifth) and those seem to be more flexible on start dates since they are not student centered.

Still no waitlist movement yet anyone?

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew today, hope it goes to one of you. Loved U of Minnesota but ultimately got into my top choice (of the schools I interviewed at!)

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew today, hope it goes to one of you. Loved U of Minnesota but ultimately got into my top choice (of the schools I interviewed at!)

Congrats on getting into your top choice! Are you IS or OOS for UMN?

I called today and Dimple said no seats are currently open and there are about 100 people on the waitlist. Does that mean we’ll all be on the alternate ranked list or rejected sometime next week?

Last edited:
I called today and Dimple said no seats are currently open and there are about 100 people on the waitlist. Does that mean we’ll all be on the alternate ranked list or rejected sometime next week?
Stay hopeful, I know waitlists at other schools are moving slowly too...So i'm sure once those start moving there should be some movement here too! GL.

How is that even possible? Have they accepted anyone off the waitlist? it's hard to believe that everyone who got accepted still plans to matriculate unless they accepted more than their class size to begin with...

How is that even possible? Have they accepted anyone off the waitlist? it's hard to believe that everyone who got accepted still plans to matriculate unless they accepted more than their class size to begin with...
She said they’d been calling to accept people off waitlist since 4/30 but I checked the accepted FB page. There have been two more added recently. Also I believe the yield rate is around 50% so in order to get down to 167 matriculants, dont they have to accept double which is around 330? But the accepted FAcebook page only shows 224 members. I’m kinda confused

Sorry for the neuroticism in advance. Does this mean there won't be a ranked waitlist?

Sorry for the neuroticism in advance. Does this mean there won't be a ranked waitlist?
There will definitely still be ranks given by 5/15 per their waitlist email. It's likely they'll wait until that date, since the movement has been slow across schools!

They just released the Alternate list low 20s. Is there a chance for me?

Last edited:
Also this year has been so weird to me that not a single acceptance off waitlist has been reported on here. Is it because of the slow movement across the board so they only reject or put people on alternate list?

#6 on the waitlist. Thoughts on how long I’ll wait to hear back?

#6 on the waitlist. Thoughts on how long I’ll wait to hear back?

Probably sometime this month? Depending on how filled their class is, but I think they took up to low double digits last year through late June so you will probably hear a decision soon.

My guess is that I probably won't get accepted unless a miracle happens (ranking in the 30s)

Probably sometime this month? Depending on how filled their class is, but I think they took up to low double digits last year through late June so you will probably hear a decision soon.

My guess is that I probably won't get accepted unless a miracle happens (ranking in the 30s)
last year #23 was #1 on June 25th so they accepted a good number of people off the waitlist. But, my guess is they are going to take more this year because they allow people to remain as" Plan to Enroll" not "Commit to Enroll" until 07/22 (new traffic rules). So as of today, they still don't know a certain number of people that will attend. According to past stats, they accepted 359 for a class size of 240 (both campuses) but as of today, there are only 302 people on both the accepted FB pages.

Does anyone know if they just really put everyone on the AL no rejections?

Wow, it has really been a stalemate on the alternate list. There hasn’t been any changes at all

Reactions: 2 users
Why hadn’t there been any movement yet?? Is this common across the board this cycle?

Anyone has any thoughts on no movements on the WL the past month?