2019-2020 Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got waitlisted in January --> R this morning at 1:21 AM exactly. why they sent a rejection at 1:21 AM i do not know!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Got waitlisted in January --> R this morning at 1:21 AM exactly. why they sent a rejection at 1:21 AM i do not know!!!

That's...super weird. Is that 1:21 AM your time or Minnesota time?

When did you interview if you don't mind my asking?

I'm EST so I guess it would have been 12:21 AM Minnesota time? haha still super strange

I interviewed December 11 I think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm EST so I guess it would have been 12:21 AM Minnesota time? haha still super strange

I interviewed December 11 I think?

Bizarro. Well, I'm sorry you didn't hear better news :(.

We were the same day I think...

Welp, I'm bracing for impact because I felt like some of my MMI stations were pretty weak.

Bizarro. Well, I'm sorry you didn't hear better news :(.

We were the same day I think...

Welp, I'm bracing for impact because I felt like some of my MMI stations were pretty weak.
12/11 squad checking in. Also bracing for impact lol

Post- waitlist rejection for me as well. 4:30 pm CT today. OOS but doing my undergrad in MN so I thought I had a chance. Ah well, onwards and upwards. Congrats to those that got accepted!

Edited: Removed the word "today" as I misunderstood the post above me as someone getting into this school:penguin:

Last edited:
Also rejected today post-waitlist. IS and interviewed in September. Hurts to be rejected by my state school but I have an acceptance at another comparable mid-tier program so i’ll count my blessings and keep it pushing.

also rejected off WL. Interviewed 1/3 and I’m OOS. This one hurts, I thought I had a good chance. On the plus side, it makes my decision easy!

I got my rejection email at 10:56pm. It was the most elegantly worded rejection email I have ever received. It was post interview. I interviewed on January 15th. They must have sensed that in my heary I was already committed to go to an another school while I interviewed. However, I could tell that it was an amazing school. I would be upset if I didn’t get into an another amazing school. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, or alternate listed? They seem to be different things.

Mine specifically said waitlist and that a decision to accept, alternate list, or reject would be made by May 15 at the latest.

Mine specifically said waitlist and that a decision to accept, alternate list, or reject would be made by May 15 at the latest.
Okay, that’s what I thought. I had just assumed they had already sent out WL emails to basically everyone who interviewed after a certain date. Thanks for the response!

Sorry if this was already asked I couldn't find it- but are students on the WL invited to second look day?

For those that interviewed late Jan-early feb, do you know when decisions come out?

Any idea when we should expect to hear about scholarships?

I don't know specifically about scholarships, but heard from the financial aid office that award notices (which includes loans) will come out about mid-July.

I think scholarship recipients should have notified for essays and full tuition at this point (I know several people who have heard).

Last edited:
Hi all! The 8 week mark for Feb 10th interviews was last week. Anyone hear back or know when we will hear back? I imagine the global crisis has impacted admissions.

My guess is that everyone who is still waiting on a decision may hear back after April 15 or April 30 after people with acceptances narrow down their choices. Hoping for the best for everyone! Its been a tough cycle.

Hi all! The 8 week mark for Feb 10th interviews was last week. Anyone hear back or know when we will hear back? I imagine the global crisis has impacted admissions.

Just got the third and final R from the U, RIP. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Same but second and final R from them. Sad because they were my first choice and I told them so :(

My guess is that everyone who is still waiting on a decision may hear back after April 15 or April 30 after people with acceptances narrow down their choices. Hoping for the best for everyone! Its been a tough cycle.
Really hoping I get some good news :arghh:

I think scholarship recipients should have notified for essays and full tuition at this point (I know several people who have heard). Were people recently texted by medical students asking if they have any questions about life at UMN?

Hello, I did not write any essays for scholarships (just the standard scholarship form due in March) and heard back about full tuition yesterday! I think it's merit-based. It might have been passed on from someone else who selected another school over UMN.

current students -- are iPads included in students' tuitions?

The iPad isn't provided by the medical school, unfortunately. But I think it should fall under "Books and Supplies" in the COA that you can get loans for. I'm thinking about getting an iPad for note-taking.

Does anyone know how many people usually get off the alternate list and are accepted?

Hello, I did not write any essays for scholarships (just the standard scholarship form due in March) and heard back about full tuition yesterday! I think it's merit-based. It might have been passed on from someone else who selected another school over UMN.

The iPad isn't provided by the medical school, unfortunately. But I think it should fall under "Books and Supplies" in the COA that you can get loans for. I'm thinking about getting an iPad for note-taking.
so exciting about full tuition!! can i ask what your stats are ---just gauging what makes someone eligible for merit based scholarships?

so exciting about full tuition!! can i ask what your stats are ---just gauging what makes someone eligible for merit based scholarships?
IS 515 MCAT 3.93 cGPA 3.93 sGPA based on a fellow applicant i know

Last edited:
Have accepted students been getting texts either recently or a while ago from student ambassadors? I heard of this happening and was wondering if I should expect something.@RitterSport

I got $0 in scholarships, which I was kind of shocked by given that I got a pretty sizable scholarship from a top ten school.

I have now withdrawn, hoping that spot goes to one of you waiting! Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off the alternate list (ranking in the single digits)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else recently accepted (this week) not seeing UMN on the Choose Your School option on AMCAS yet?

Anyone else recently accepted (this week) not seeing UMN on the Choose Your School option on AMCAS yet?
I didn't get accepted to UMN, but I did get off the WL at a different MD school this week, and it hasn't appeared on Choose Your School.

Hi everyone. I only see a "plan to enroll" button, not a "commit to enroll" button under the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool--is this what others are experiencing? I was under the impression the "commit to enroll" button would show up today.

Just withdrew my acceptance here, hope one of you get my spot and full tuition offer! Good luck!

Just got the acceptance phone call, was originally waitlisted with a number in the 30s. Good Luck to everyone still waiting, movement seems to be decent this year!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
MSTP waitlist was told all spots were taken and it is unlikely anyone would get off the waitlist. How ironic.

• Sad