2019-2020 Minnesota, Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post-secondary pre-II R just now. Complete 8/10. OOS.

It's a crazy process because last year I received an interview (which lead to a waitlist) with a much lower MCAT (504) and weaker ECs. Retook MCAT and scored 7 points higher so I thought I'd have a stronger chance this time around, guess not? *shrugs*
yeah same thing kinda happened to me, it sucks.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R complete end of August, OOS reapplicant. Honestly though, that was one of the most personalized rejection emails I've ever gotten. Not even upset. I mean a little but, they were truly sincere about it. And I will definitely utilize them if I need feedback in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have their secondary deadline extended?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email for the pre-II R. OSS, complete 8/25. This one stung quite a bit

Did anyone else who didn't complete the secondary get an email asking them to complete it and that they will even extend the deadline to december 1? It seemed a little personalized but I also wasn't sure if it was a generic email..

I like the school but am far OOS and got secondary burnout and had already had some interviews so I didn't complete it....Debating if it's worth completing now that i've had breathing room.

Did anyone else who didn't complete the secondary get an email asking them to complete it and that they will even extend the deadline to december 1? It seemed a little personalized but I also wasn't sure if it was a generic email..

I like the school but am far OOS and got secondary burnout and had already had some interviews so I didn't complete it....Debating if it's worth completing now that i've had breathing room.

I got the email too...I have a feeling that they might be sending it to everyone who started but did not finish it.

I got the email too...I have a feeling that they might be sending it to everyone who started but did not finish it.

Its generic, I got one from the Duluth campus

Ok great! I am just paranoid that my interview was never actually scheduled because there was a mix up initially.

Super late add to the MSTP. How long did it take yall to get a secondary?

Like a week or so after I was verified. They screen prior to secondaries, but I think it's pretty low screening standards.

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected pre-II just now, in-state, reapplicant, 511 MCAT, 3.3 gpa, complete mid-Aug

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
I'm still in post secondary/pre-II/R purgatory. This is my absolute dream school as an IS living in the cities. Complete late August. Show me some love pls I would be the happiest of all the campers in the whole campground :love:

Good luck! I did the review/admissions help for reapplication and their only advice was to apply earlier. I did point out my GPA (they had my primary and secondary applications) and since it had been a while since I've been in school, with my more recent MCAT score, they thought it would be fine. so feeling pretty despondent. This was my #1 school (and would have been my only application), fortunately my partner encouraged me to apply elsewhere also.
I'm still in post secondary/pre-II/R purgatory. This is my absolute dream school as an IS living in the cities. Complete late August. Show me some love pls I would be the happiest of all the campers in the whole campground :love:

Yikes. That’s challenging. Did you call? They said we could call if it took longer than the 6w or so.

I contacted them and they said it is more of a 6-8 week wait, but I have hit 8 weeks now with nothing. There are (what seems like) quite a few of us from the end of September who have not heard anything at all and are now 8-9 weeks out from our interviews. I do have a friend who interviewed near 10/14 who received an acceptance a few weeks ago. Hang in there everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Was hoping to hear back before Thanksgiving but doesn't seem like its going to happen. Interviewed mid October

• Sad
Rejected today pre-II - I kind of saw this one coming so I wasn't surprised lol

Good luck to everyone else!

Anyone else who interviewed ~Oct 14th/mid October have any gut feelings/ideas/info on when we might hear back? With Christmas and New Years both falling mid-week I'm hoping our wave of applications don't get pushed back into early January, but it's not looking great rn.

Anyone from the 9/25 interview day still waiting to hear back?

Questions for who already interviewed, what do people mean by closed file and open file at the interview? Is it necessary or allowed to bring a copy of your application? During MMI, will you have the background/scenario sheet with you while you answer the questions? Or you are only allowed to bring your notebook To the room?

Accepted!! Received a phone call from the Dean this morning around 10am. Interviewed 10/14, OOS, URM, and went to UG in the Twin Cities with ties to the state.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 10/14. What a dream!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone tried sending them an email when on the waitlist? Is this frowned upon?

Accepted today!! Interviewed 10/18. IS, LM 73. Re-applicant.

Reactions: 4 users
Okay I am IS LM ~72 URM and I was complete august 24..I haven't heard a single thing from them. Do you think theyre almost done sending out IIs? Anyone have any thoughts? The U was my top choice but I am losing hope quickly.

Okay I am IS LM ~72 URM and I was complete august 24..I haven't heard a single thing from them. Do you think theyre almost done sending out IIs? Anyone have any thoughts? The U was my top choice but I am losing hope quickly.
I was done around the same day and haven't heard anything either. People have been getting rejected with dates after us so maybe we haven't been looked at yet from how they stratify the apps or my hope is they want to have some IS people as backups for short notice interviews for when people cancel their interviews. I hope my theory is correct :)

Post-interview Rejection just now. Disappointed and now wondering if reapplication is on the horizon.

• Sad
Post-interview Rejection just now. Disappointed and now wondering if reapplication is on the horizon.
Sorry to hear that. Rs suck.. I hear MN is really hard to get into for OOS, so it's a big deal you interviewed! Hopefully you'll end up with good new from other schools soon.

What day did you interview by the way?

Post interview rejection, just now. Interviewed 9/16.

• Sad