2018-2019 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got a call this morning that I got an invite to interview for Feb 4. I’m OOS so I am completey shocked I got an II

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Every time I get a call from a telemarketer I almost crap myself

Reactions: 1 users
Is this typical? Calling for II's?
I’m not sure honestly. The woman I spoke to said she was calling because it was the last interview date and wanted to make sure I would be able to select the slot. She said had it not worked, she would have done it manually from her end, so im assuming I was one of the last interviews scheduled for the cycle lol

Reactions: 1 user
Okay but why did that transcript part appear and then go away :bored: so random lol

Members don't see this ad :)
To answer multiple questions at once - interviewed early October, no portal change yet, I was told that emails should start going out this week (although I haven’t yet received an email)

Reactions: 4 users
Also, thank you so much for all the congrats!!! I hope to see you all there in the fall, and I hope you all get good news soon :)

Reactions: 6 users
Got an e-mail saying my application is still under consideration (a deferral?) Interviewed 10/5
Let's put this out of our minds for a lil bit and have happy holidays y'all!

Got an email that my app is still under consideration

Decision deferred until 2019! Interviewed 10/5
Let's put this out of our minds for a lil bit and have happy holidays y'all!

I think +1. Email said application is still under consideration.

I’ll take it.

^This is the correct language, the deferral until 2019 is my speculation

So for those of us that didn't get that email.. I guess an A or R? This is terrifying.

I interviewed in September and received the same email not encouraging, but I thought it was a rejection when I saw it come in so...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

So the “still under consideration” means deferral? Waitlist? I interviewed early Novembwr

Just based on the sheer number of people who got that email, I feel like this is their way of saying “we told you December at your interview, but we need more time.” Not good, or bad.

Or at least that’s how I’m choosing to look at it haha.

Reactions: 6 users
Why would they possibly send us an email. Like literally it said nothing we need to know.

Got that email too and I agree with @hyperlite913 that it prob just means "sorry but we need more time y'all" :) totally fine with it as long as I'm still under consideration lol

Interviewed in October and also got the consideration e-mail. I do agree with @hyperlite913’s interpretation of the e-mail. I really feel like they would have said “waitlist” if everyone who got that e-mail were to be waitlisted. I guess we all have to be patient till January. Happy Holidays!

I got the email too. Interviewed in sept. Did anyone anyone that got an acceptance call get it? Maybe they blindly sent it to everyone :)

I got the email too. Interviewed in sept. Did anyone anyone that got an acceptance call get it? Maybe they blindly sent it to everyone :)

@geriatricluver gets that email (the one acceptance so far), “your application is still under consideration.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait

Just to add to the data, I got the email too, in-state, interviewed in late October. I read it as a deferral, not waitlist and am going to try to force myself to chill the f*** out until classes start up again in January

+1 on the email, interviewed early October. What's another month of waiting anyway...