2018-2019 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It needs to be mid-December already -_- We're all losing it...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Ok, I'm definitely tripping then. Ready for this level of paranoia?
So like right under Application Status it says School of Medicine, and I got 2 emails in my spam folder from Ellucian about a change to my email and I know it had something to do with UNC because they couldn't fit both of my last names on my name tag on interview day so I managed to talk myself into thinking that somehow my application status had changed.

Anyways, have a great Friday everyone.

I got two emails from Ellucian saying the same thing, but no change on the actual portal. I'm not sure if it means anything though.

Reactions: 1 user
So like right under Application Status it says School of Medicine, and I got 2 emails in my spam folder from Ellucian about a change to my email and I know it had something to do with UNC because they couldn't fit both of my last names on my name tag on interview day so I managed to talk myself into thinking that somehow my application status had changed.

It has always said "School of Medicine" under Application Status, so I wouldn't take that as a hint for anything. Regarding Ellucian, were you a UNC undergrad?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It has always said "School of Medicine" under Application Status, so I wouldn't take that as a hint for anything. Regarding Ellucian, were you a UNC undergrad?

Nope. Just gonna wait for an actual UNC email then.

I live in the area, so almost every person who calls me has a Chapel Hill number. Including the two UPS delivery drivers that have called me this week :uhno:

Reactions: 7 users

hmmm...it has always said "School of Medicine" right under it. And the below that you have your address and below that "payment received"...or did all of that go away?

People who have interviewed already, what does your Application Status say?
It doesn't say anything in particular. The application status page and the interview page remain the same, just when you submitted your payment and such.

Wait hold on, what's this Ellucian thing? I've been getting emails from "[email protected]" in my spam all week, but I haven't received an II... anyone knows what this is?
I've gotten the same emails and am 99% sure it's just spam. If the emails were in any way related to Chapel Hill we would probably receive something from "unc.edu" as opposed to the pretty suspect "[email protected]" lol.

Reactions: 3 users
soo....anyone else notice changes on their portal at the very bottom?

Edit: let the freak out begin :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Have the notice and interviewed early October!

I just noticed the transcript stuff too, and I interviewed on Friday, so I’m not sure it means much... who knowssss

I just noticed the transcript stuff too, and I interviewed on Friday, so I’m not sure it means much... who knowssss
Darn it lol Of course someone had to come along and *poof* shatter our hopes haha

Anyone wanna call the admissions office with a pseudonym and ask for the specific date? :)

Anyone wanna call the admissions office with a pseudonym and ask for the specific date? :)

I doubt they'll pick up since the school's closed due to snow.. I hope the weather doesn't delay the process :(

Also it seems like the transcript stuff disappeared?

I think the snow will delay a bit the process as the school may remain closed tomorrow as well, ugh.

mine too! Also, if we don't hear back this week, decisions might be delayed until next year because this is the last week the office is open. ugh

Is this confirmed? I had no idea the office's last day of the year is 12/14...that means they were at least planning on sending out decisions this week, right?

Is this confirmed? I had no idea the office's last day of the year is 12/14...that means they were at least planning on sending out decisions this week, right?
Yeah, I was told that the offices will close on the 14th :(

Hey guys, first time poster on this forum. Been watching it for the past 5 months or so but I never even had an account. If anyone here can answer my question or give me insight it would be appreciated.

I interviewed in early November. However, I did not take my CASPer test. I could not take it November 20, as I was flying home for Thanksgiving and I could not afford to move my flight. The next date available was December 12. I felt as though that was not an issue until you guys started talking about the admissions office being closed starting Friday the 14th. So do you think my decision will be moved to January or do you think 2 days is enough for them to look at the results and make a full decision?

Hey guys, first time poster on this forum. Been watching it for the past 5 months or so but I never even had an account. If anyone here can answer my question or give me insight it would be appreciated.

I interviewed in early November. However, I did not take my CASPer test. I could not take it November 20, as I was flying home for Thanksgiving and I could not afford to move my flight. The next date available was December 12. I felt as though that was not an issue until you guys started talking about the admissions office being closed starting Friday the 14th. So do you think my decision will be moved to January or do you think 2 days is enough for them to look at the results and make a full decision?

It takes time for the CASPer to transmit, so I would guess they won’t have it before the 14th. However, they may have already reviewed you with everyone else and could potentially just wait for you to be complete before releasing the decision. Or maybe they’ll tell you without it, who knows really.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I'm still confused why the transcript section came up and then left in a matter of hours. Are they reading this forum? lol

I had exactly the same issue over Thanksgiving break/flight time and then I read the email and it says you can take it after you interview because they sprung this on us so late.

I'm still confused why the transcript section came up and then left in a matter of hours. Are they reading this forum? lol
:laugh: I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's a boring snow day and they just wanted to mess with our head for a little bit hahah

When I took it it said on the CASPer page that it takes them about 3 weeks to evaluate your performance. But I think everyone here is also wondering whether they will even use it this year at all...so who knows. I know this was not helpful lol

Thanks for the input! I was hopeful that maybe they would tell me without CASPer being completed just yet. Maybe they have evaluated me with all of you but just need that last piece to make the decision official. I just wish that they had more tests between Nov 20 and Dec 12. Anyways, I am just anxious as you guys are. I have been answering all of my phone calls even though they are clearly telemarketers.

Reactions: 5 users
Is it too soon to send a letter of intent??

Does anyone know if they accept updates?

They explicitly told us at the interview that they would not accept updates. It was like the first thing the interview coordinator said lol

Reactions: 3 users
soooo.....has anyone talked to them recently? December 14 is around the corner :D

I have tried calling the past 2 days with my CASPer concerns. I believe they are closed because of the snow days.

I have tried calling the past 2 days with my CASPer concerns. I believe they are closed because of the snow days.

They just re-opened at 11:30 today. I checked their website.

Ah yes! Well, let's see if we hear back. I interviewed early November and we were told by the dean that we would def hear "something" in Dec. I wonder if it is still going to happen though. It's been kinda quiet and I doubt that they purposely will wait until the 14th to call everyone that interviewed until October/November.

I'm wondering if they won't do calls this year.. and just do a portal update even for acceptances. Just some more speculation to throw out there

I'm wondering if they won't do calls this year.. and just do a portal update even for acceptances. Just some more speculation to throw out there

It is possible, because Mrs. James mentioned that we would get an email notification about a status update. It would make sense and it'd be much more efficient if you have piles of applicant files to respond to.

I just called admissions y'all. I was explained to that they will BEGIN releasing decisions in December. The lady was very careful not to say MID-December. I took that as some people may be hearing back very soon. Also, if anyone was in the same situation as me for the CASPer test, she said UNC just needs to be notified that I have taken the test. Perhaps just CASPer completion is enough for this cycle since they alerted us of that requirement so late.

Reactions: 8 users
I just called admissions y'all. I was explained to that they will BEGIN releasing decisions in December. The lady was very careful not to say MID-December. I took that as some people may be hearing back very soon. Also, if anyone was in the same situation as me for the CASPer test, she said UNC just needs to be notified that I have taken the test. Perhaps just CASPer completion is enough for this cycle since they alerted us of that requirement so late.

Thank you so much!!