2018-2019 Virginia Commonwealth University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else seeing "Documents and Instructions" with an empty page when the portal first loads?
nope nothing here

do we know if they send out all of the offers at once or is it gradually over the day?

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone else seeing "Documents and Instructions" with an empty page when the portal first loads?

Have you had your interview yet? Because I’m pretty sure there’s a documents and instructions tab for interviews and acceptances

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have a server error. But I want one now :rolleyes:

I started getting server error every now and then for the past two days....

edit: just got another server error when refreshing the portal page

I started getting server error every now and then for the past two days....

edit: just got another server error when refreshing the portal page
lol mines gone now i don't know whats happening im just stressed

*opens wine bottle*
*checks sdn*
*grabs larger wine glass*
*repeat*

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't get tabs but got a section that says official transcripts, vcu info, and IS eligibility under the hold message.

did anyone else get this?

You know what really helps distract you from the anxiety? Look through the menu pictures of a really good brunch place near you. I was so entranced by breakfast burritos and avocado toast I almost forgot I was applying to medical school.

Reactions: 5 users
i didn't get tabs but got a section that says official transcripts, vcu info, and IS eligibility under the hold message.

did anyone else get this?
I got this! What does it mean??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 5.47.30 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 5.47.30 PM.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 239
When did you guys interview for those accepted? Also, congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
do they update it all at once or? some people in the past saw portal changes way after other people.

wondering if it's alphabetic...those who are seeing changes, mind sharing what your last name starts with

When did you guys interview for those accepted? Also, congrats!
still waiting to see if it's actually an acceptance but i interviewed on 11/29!

edit: hold message got replaced by an acceptance letter!
YAYYYYYYYYY

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I got tabs as well, interviewed in August. was a CERT student

Last edited:
no tabs :((((((( but congrats to those who did

no tabs here *opens more wine*

here's to March 1st everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
No tabs, see y'all in March hehe ;). Got a couple more songs we can listen to while we wait... Congrats to all those who got in this round!!!

still waiting to see if it's actually an acceptance but i interviewed on 11/29!

edit: hold message got replaced by an acceptance letter!
YAYYYYYYYYY
Congrats!! Do you know if that showed up right at/around 6:05? Just trying to figure out if they are releasing all at once...Thanks!

That's what I keep getting

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 6.17.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 6.17.13 PM.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 176
No tabs unfortunately. Oh well, here's to March!

Last edited:
No tabs. Congrats to those that got accepted! For the no-tab crew, keep the wine flowing and the music playing. Time to tame the nausea... Until March.

Reactions: 4 users
So what are our odds if we’re on hold for admission to ultimately get in? Or is my guess as good as yours

maybe some hope:
i thought that my chances would be worse if i didn't get accepted on the first acceptance day after my interview - thought it probably meant waitlist. but i was passed over in my first round of considerations (mid December) and got accepted to the second round (today)

i hope that this can give some hope by showing that they really do look at all the apps from the last rounds

Reactions: 8 users
Ah that's upsetting. I sent in an update right after my II so it could be used in the evaluation process but unfortunately, it looks like it did not go through and I had to resend it again after checking with VCU. But I'd already been placed on hold so the update was not used in my score determination :( oh well, here's to praying that it all works out!
did you get confirmation that your update was received? who did you send it to?

Accepted !

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Did you just get updated now?

No I received the update email at 6:05pm. But was just able to check it as I just got off work.

You guys over here worrying about tabs and I'm just wondering when I'm finally going to hear back post-secondary lol

Reactions: 7 users
I got accepted last night! So happy, this is my first acceptance and VCU is my top choice. I am IS, ORM, LM 68-69 and interviewed in October, passed over twice and I was honestly expecting a big fat L for this cycle. Congratulations to all those accepted and good luck to those still waiting. There is still hope!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to those who were accepted yesterday!

For those who are still waiting to hear back - keep holding on. I was in the same place last cycle and didn’t get accepted until April off the waitlist. What kept me going was reminding myself that my self worth is not tied to my success in getting into med school, and I kept myself busy with hobbies, family and school.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users