2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it fair to say that as in-state applicants who have had interviews, our chances are around 50% of getting a seat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Please contact the Admissions office if you are unsure where you are at in the application process. You may also check the status of your application by logging in to the COM-T portal. Final decisions for applicants who have interviewed could be released between now until March/April, depending on when you interviewed. Please call or email us if you have specific questions about your application.

Also, interview decisions will not be made this week. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Sad
Reactions: 15 users
Low stats but decent ECs, submitted mid Oct, Canadian applicant. Still nothing yet,..I really hope I get in this cycle. Extremely nerve wracking. Haven’t received any II yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I received the "your file is under review email" after my interview but my portal shows my status as "interview completed" rather than "under review." anyone else have the same status?

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t received any notifications yet regarding II or reject..hope it comes out soon

Interviewed over a month ago and still haven't heard anything :cryi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed over a month ago and still haven't heard anything :cryi:

As much as I know this process is tough for applicants, you just have to be patient. People will get accepted throughout the cycle. Keep hope alive and maintain a healthy routine in your life.

was feeling extra neurotic today and went through the previous two years' threads... it appears the next round of acceptances should go out mid-december, likely the 13th :eek:

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! Scheduled for 1/25. IS. Was complete late July and put on hold on 9/17.

Reactions: 12 users
Just got ANOTHER interview waitlist status update email that I am still waitlisted rip. Glad to see there are interview slots still available until 1/25 though - maybe there's hope? :)))

Reactions: 19 users
Just got ANOTHER interview waitlist status update email that I am still waitlisted rip. Glad to see there are interview slots still available until 1/25 though - maybe there's hope? :)))
So did I, I definitely thought it was an interview invitation and my heart skipped a beat lol, holding onto hope though!

Reactions: 8 users
+1, thought it was a rejection or maybe it’s a silent one

When they send out these interview waitlist "status updates", are they also sending out Rejections?

Same. I'll gladly take it, as it's not a rejection.

• Love
So did I, I definitely thought it was an interview invitation and my heart skipped a beat lol, holding onto hope though!

I had the same reaction! I guess I'm just glad we're still in the waitlist and not rejected!

• Love
I had the same reaction! I guess I'm just glad we're still in the waitlist and not rejected!
I really appreciate how they keep us in the loop. Other schools should follow suit! (Love me, Tucson, love me!)

• Haha
They'll be sending out rejections either this week or next for sure

Have they sent out rejections yet?
And I Called them about the wait list process and they said it’s not ranked. What does that mean? Isn’t it first come, first serve sort of thing though?

When did you submit your App?
I submitted in August and was put on hold in October. People who have talked to the office say they're very nice and helpful, so give them a call if you have particular questions about their app.

Same here! Glad I didn’t get flat out rejected on my birthday though LOL #tybg

• Wow
Just got my second interview waitlist status update email? It's kind of nerve wracking! Was wondering if anyone knows if they've actually rejected anyone yet or are they just keeping everyone on this waitlist?

third interview waitlist status today i’ll take it! :)

Reactions: 2 users
What’s the likelihood of adcom re-reviewing my file if it was just put on wait list yesterday and I submitted in mid oct? Do people who were just put on wait list really get II? I feel like they won’t have the time to re-review applications they just waitlisted.

I just called the adcom and they said that rejections will be going out end of next week. :(

I just called the adcom and they said that rejections will be going out end of next week. :(
Presumably, people who received a waitlist interview email yesterday won't be getting one of the rejections?

Presumably, people who received a waitlist interview email yesterday won't be getting one of the rejections?
I mean they could..like later on in the cycle, like Feb. plus it’s a ranked list so I don’t know how they rank waitlisters.

OOSer here. Been on an II waitlist since 8/21. Interview season is ending fast... let's hope for the best for all of us!

Reactions: 2 users
OOSer here. Been on an II waitlist since 8/21. Interview season is ending fast... let's hope for the best for all of us!
+1... 4 hold emails since 8/14

Actual photo of me right now...
1576085479117.png

Really hoping I don't have to do this again.

Reactions: 7 users
Had interviewed for Mdphd and MD. Just got the acceptance for MD. Not sure of MDPHD status.

Reactions: 4 users
Had interviewed for Mdphd and MD. Just got the acceptance for MD. Not sure of MDPHD status.
You got the call today? I guess the rumors that Friday’s are acceptance call days are not true.
Congratulations! Crossing my fingers to be classmates with you!

You got the call today? I guess the rumors that Friday’s are acceptance call days are not true.
Congratulations! Crossing my fingers to be classmates with you!
Got an email which i found it in the spam folder. Had the habit of checking spam since i had gotten few interviews via spam folder.