2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A beacon of hope on a dark midwinter day. Congratulations!
yup. And im also home super sick right now so this made my day so much better!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else checking their portal daily to see if maybe, just maybe, an update happened there but you haven't received the email yet? Just me?

Trying to distract myself is not working very well...

Looks like UA COM-T is in the home stretch on interview invites. (Last year there were 505 interviews given out.)
1576771303828.png

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a friendly reminder as mentioned during next steps; applicants who interviewed within the past month will not be fully reviewed until after the new year. If you have any specific questions about your application, please contact us. Have a wonderful holiday!

Reactions: 9 users
Just a friendly reminder as mentioned during next steps; applicants who interviewed within the past month will not be fully reviewed until after the new year. If you have any specific questions about your application, please contact us. Have a wonderful holiday!

Not related to the quote, but; For those of us on the pre-interview waitlist, is there any way to show our interest in the program (updates/LOI are not allowed)?

Reactions: 2 users

Good evening Admissions,

I was wondering how likely is the chance for interview if the applicant was placed on the interview waitlist? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
For those who have interviewed here already, did you guys attend the reception the day before? Also, how many students were in each session (if you're allowed to disclose that)? Thanks!!

For those who have interviewed here already, did you guys attend the reception the day before? Also, how many students were in each session (if you're allowed to disclose that)? Thanks!!
Yes to meet the current med students. 10 per group.

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you’re all enjoying your break between semesters (if you aren’t taking a Winter course) and getting some rest. Hopefully 2020 will bring us good news on the med school front.

Reactions: 8 users
Just withdrew my interview here. Hope one of you amazing people get it!

Reactions: 10 users
For anyone else interested, last year the school sent IIs to 505 applicants. So far they have sent 458 this year.

Edit: they've also received ~400 less applications than last year.. as of today.

Hello. Did anyone here interview for P-MAP?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the 11/22 interview group gotten the, "Some people got in, but not you yet," email?

I interviewed early November and got the post interview “people were accepted but not you” email on Dec 17th.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, interview invites will be going out at the end of the week. Thank you.

Reactions: 9 users
Due to unforeseen circumstances, interview invites will be going out at the end of the week. Thank you.
Thank you for the update! Can you share if there will be any interview offers from the interview waitlist?

Thank you for the update! Can you share if there will be any interview offers from the interview waitlist?

Hello- Yes, all interview invites are now being taken from the interview waitlist.

• Love
Reactions: 26 users
Does anyone know how they choose applicants from the interview waitlist? Just feel like there's sooo many of us anxiously waiting /:

Reactions: 3 users
I read Arizona's interview-info webpage but there wasn't any mention that interviewees can use notepads during MMI stations. Does anyone have any information on that? If that is part of the confidentiality agreement and cannot be publicly discussed, please disregard this. Thanks!

I read Arizona's interview-info webpage but there wasn't any mention that interviewees can use notepads during MMI stations. Does anyone have any information on that? If that is part of the confidentiality agreement and cannot be publicly discussed, please disregard this. Thanks!
You cannot take anything into your interview. There will be a meeting room for all your things.

I don't know specifically about arizona, but I've read some schools will give you scratch paper. Typically they will provide anything you need!

I don't know specifically about arizona, but I've read some schools will give you scratch paper. Typically they will provide anything you need!
Nope, you are not given any scratch paper for the MMI at Tucson to write on before going into the room

Nope, you are not given any scratch paper for the MMI at Tucson to write on before going into the room
Good to know! I mainly meant that you wouldn't need to provide scratch paper or anything, because they would give you what you needed. You can't bring your own papers etc. In this case you don't get paper at all.

Just got another pre-II waitlist update saying I'm still on the waitlist. Lol this is getting ridiculous this is the 4th one...just reject me already

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Just got off the wait list with a fat R haha. Pre - II. Good luck to everyone with the rest of the cycle!

2nd Waitlist Status Update today for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejected... but got accepted to my state school two days ago so I don’t care at all!

• Haha
I was starting to get concerned, but I too just got the “thanks for waiting, please continue to do so” email.

My heart stopped a little when I saw that I received an email from them only to realize it was just another waitlist email. Better than a rejection I guess.....

I too made it into the 4-timers club today, but I find it very hard to believe that my application is being reviewed WEEKLY for an invite. That would mean it has been reviewed 22 times since the initial hold in August... How can someone review anything 22x and not have information to make a decision?

Please just reject me. (Or give a girl an II -- that'd work for me, too.)

Reactions: 11 users