-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Dartmouth
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
congrats!II!!! Complete first week of July. So I waited a whole 2 months.
Excited for this one!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thank you!congrats!
II!! Woohoo!
CongratsII!! Woohoo!
Complete date?
7/3!Congrats
Complete date?
D
deleted972488
Or rent a car. It’s a rural school.Does anyone have any recommendations on getting to the school? I need to fly in but... 3 hour bus ride from the Boston airport???
^ agree. My buddy went there for undergrad and she says bus or rent a car was the move from Boston Logan.Or rent a car. It’s a rural school.
Even if you rent a car it's 2 hours no traffic. You may be better off just taking the bus and have some time to work or rest. I believe that the Manchester NH airport is also much closer to the school than Boston. Maybe Burlington VT as well?
Does anyone have any recommendations on getting to the school? I need to fly in but... 3 hour bus ride from the Boston airport???
Praying for An ii here
"Mr.DoctorProffessorPatrick is my father" -DoctorProffessorPatrickNah, when I was changing my SDN name they told me to pick three options and Mr.DoctorProffessorPatrick was apparently too long so they gave me my third option at random. I don’t even like the name memelord.
@Mr. Dr. Prof. Patrick aka the artist formerly known as memelord"Mr.DoctorProffessorPatrick is my father" -DoctorProffessorPatrick
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pugpy_dawg
Full Member
No, emailed two but had to bite the bullet and pay for an Airbnb. No response from either.Has anyone been successful in getting student hosts to accommodate them?
Wow.... we're on the same boat it seems. Emailed 2 and nothing... I'm already at >$200 to get to this placeNo, emailed two but had to bite the bullet and pay for an Airbnb. No response from either.
pugpy_dawg
Full Member
yeah this place is toughhhh to get to. but i did see a yurt on airbnb for $140 a night so if you're interested in a yurt experience let me knowWow.... we're on the same boat it seems. Emailed 2 and nothing... I'm already at >$200 to get to this place![]()

Anyone get an II and was complete early August?
On a broader note, I'm currently 1/4 with student hosts.. I know students are insanely busy but I thought hosting would be more accessible for some reason lolHas anyone been successful in getting student hosts to accommodate them?
I mean it is entirely voluntary to sign up to be on the host list in the first place 🙁On a broader note, I'm currently 1/4 with student hosts.. I know students are insanely busy but I thought hosting would be more accessible for some reason lol
Even so, I totally get that it's hard to predict if you'll be available in advance. Like you could agree to host in August and get blasted by a tough organ block in October and all of a sudden you don't want premeds in your house.I mean it is entirely voluntary to sign up to be on the host list in the first place 🙁
It's just frustrating getting ghosted after they say they'll set you up lol
That’s frustrating, but think of the positive- now you’re forced to sleep in a proper bed before interviewing! You’ll be well-rested (and can possibly order room service)!Even so, I totally get that it's hard to predict if you'll be available in advance. Like you could agree to host in August and get blasted by a tough organ block in October and all of a sudden you don't want premeds in your house.
It's just frustrating getting ghosted after they say they'll set you up lol
futurebremd
Full Member
FYI finding airbnbs and hotel rooms for the week/weekend of October 7th-14th will be extremely difficult/expensive because it's Dartmouth's Homecoming. Everything gets booked up super far in advance, so definitely be aware if you're planning to interview during that time.
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
?
Just curious, what other schools post that? I only know of UMichigan...Is there a way to know how many IIs have been sent at Dartmouth? Some schools post that.
One (or both?) of the Arizona schools do.?
Just curious, what other schools post that? I only know of UMichigan...
Wayne State has a tracker that they periodically update as well.?
Just curious, what other schools post that? I only know of UMichigan...
II today for early October 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! When were you complete and what's your LM/MCAT? (I'm sorry - I had to ask.)II today for early October 🙂
9
907914
As a hopeful who really thought Dartmouth would get back to me, anyone know if there are still a good chunk of interviews to go out?
Thanks to my insomnia, I read last year's thread, and it seems like it's a pretty small adcom team and they really strive for a good fit. That said, it looks like they move slowly (like molasses / sloth slowly). I think we've got to just sit tight.As a hopeful who really thought Dartmouth would get back to me, anyone know if there are still a good chunk of interviews to go out?
@u_raptor did they mention this at the interview?
D
deleted972488
They’re only scheduling into early October so I’d say there are still a lot of IIs left.As a hopeful who really thought Dartmouth would get back to me, anyone know if there are still a good chunk of interviews to go out?
dartmouth said they were very slow and deliberate at interview day. Both II and decision batches go out well into March, and when you hear back isn't correlated with when you interview.Thanks to my insomnia, I read last year's thread, and it seems like it's a pretty small adcom team and they really strive for a good fit. That said, it looks like they move slowly (like molasses / sloth slowly). I think we've got to just sit tight.
@u_raptor did they mention this at the interview?
Honestly don't recall. But it is a smaller school so I'd expect a slower cycleThanks to my insomnia, I read last year's thread, and it seems like it's a pretty small adcom team and they really strive for a good fit. That said, it looks like they move slowly (like molasses / sloth slowly). I think we've got to just sit tight.
@u_raptor did they mention this at the interview?
Anecdotally, I know people from last year and year before currently at Dartmouth who received IIs in March! It's a long cycle at this school so don't lose hopeAs a hopeful who really thought Dartmouth would get back to me, anyone know if there are still a good chunk of interviews to go out?
Thanks everyone for clarifying! I think this should make meme and I both feel more at ease (as well as any and all lurkers out there).
The invite they sent me was for less than two weeks from now so I would definitely say there is a lot more to go out.As a hopeful who really thought Dartmouth would get back to me, anyone know if there are still a good chunk of interviews to go out?
Complete around 7/22 and my LM is 73.Congrats! When were you complete and what's your LM/MCAT? (I'm sorry - I had to ask.)
Cultivating_Brainz
Full Member
II yesterday
Complete 7/26
Complete 7/26
hey y'all - I hope we start hearing more soon (would love an II here... but I'm also grateful for what I have haha)... for those that have IIs or already attended an interview, plenty of people would be grateful if you added to the spreadsheet
add your interview data here.
check your school's data here.
You can totally be grateful for what you've got and want other things limey! Also I want to take a sec too thank you for all the work you've done in compiling these lists. It's made my cycle was easier to navigate and ive been making sure to add my experience!
that means a lot to me @HopeIsStrength. I appreciate you 🙂You can totally be grateful for what you've got and want other things limey! Also I want to take a sec too thank you for all the work you've done in compiling these lists. It's made my cycle was easier to navigate and ive been making sure to add my experience!
hey y'all - I hope we start hearing more soon (would love an II here... but I'm also grateful for what I have haha)... for those that have IIs or already attended an interview, plenty of people would be grateful if you added to the spreadsheet
add your interview data here.
check your school's data here.
RT - I think the info you have put together has been great and will likely be super helpful for future applicants too!You can totally be grateful for what you've got and want other things limey! Also I want to take a sec too thank you for all the work you've done in compiling these lists. It's made my cycle was easier to navigate and ive been making sure to add my experience!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted972488
Yes!Is dartmouth open to ITA?
D
deleted972488
Wait, so then you're always kind of in the area... I would say don't send one.In general what is a good rule of thumb for travel distance for ITA? Home to area is about 5 hrs drive. Is that good enough to ask for an ITA (as in it’s not a significant bicoastal trip etc)
Wait, so then you're always kind of in the area... I would say don't send one.
Ok! (dartmouth, please call out to meee)
I think you submitted around when I did. After reading last year’s thread, it looks like we’re in for quite a wait (oct/nov, I think? Maybe it was dec? I forget, it was late at night hah).Ok! (dartmouth, please call out to meee)