You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Dartmouth
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
**** yeah bro/sis!Just got my first II!!! MD/PhD, complete 7/30. I'm over the moon, this is one of my top choices. Here's to hoping!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone sign up for an interview recently? What dates are they up to?
Cultivating_Brainz
Full Member
Anyone sign up for an interview recently? What dates are they up to?
Ya. Had the options of Oct 10 and 17.
Cultivating_Brainz
Full Member
It is longer but not for that reason.Is Dartmouth's cycle a bit longer than other schools since its secondaries are due in January?
They’ve got a smaller admissions committee and a smaller class (~90 matriculants). Based on previous threads a small number of stellar people hear back like 2-4 weeks post II. The vast majority of others need to wait until March regardless of if they interviewed in October or February.
II. Complete 9/18
trolling?
summersun1
Full Member
This is what the admissions office told us at the interview!It is longer but not for that reason.
They’ve got a smaller admissions committee and a smaller class (~90 matriculants). Based on previous threads a small number of stellar people hear back like 2-4 weeks post II. The vast majority of others need to wait until March regardless of if they interviewed in October or February.
RJGladstone
Full Member
The amount of people I’ve seen on SDN that submitted mid September and received an II days to 2 weeks later makes me really question the submitting early advantage sentiment
These people likely had something about their app/background which put them to the top of the list of apps to review for II. For everyone else without such factors, it is best to submit early.
These people likely had something about their app/background which put them to the top of the list of apps to review for II. For everyone else without such factors, it is best to submit early.
I was nervous about submitting late too. But I just couldn't control the factor. If I had to do it all over again (hope not lol), I would submit the first day as well.
Congrats!! Go kill it
The amount of people I’ve seen on SDN that submitted mid September and received an II days to 2 weeks later makes me really question the submitting early advantage sentiment
Thanks! I am psyched to attend all those!!
Congrats!! Go kill it
The amount of people I’ve seen on SDN that submitted mid September and received an II days to 2 weeks later makes me really question the submitting early advantage sentiment
Given your stats, 3.9/528 or 527/4.0. You should get in almost everywhere.
sure thing, send me a PM.Hi, congrats on all the IIs! Is mid. Sep when you submitted your secondary or just when a final rec was submitted? Also, would i be able to PM you? i am wondering if there are there any aspects of your app you think got you to the top of the review timeline, since I had a similar complete date. Thanks!
9
907914
How is that something about you...?Did anyone use "Please share something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application that you feel might be helpful to our Admissions committee" for a Why Dartmouth?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
I think that would be a stretch lol Just write about something that is not in your application. Keep it simple.Hm well I was gonna write about something about my upbringing and then relate that to why certain things at Dartmouth appeal to me? Or would this be stretching?
9
907914
Note* I have not heard back from Dartmouth so what do I know.I think that would be a stretch lol Just write about something that is not in your application. Keep it simple.
D
deleted972488
FWIW, I just used my standard diversity essay (and got an II). I definitely wouldn’t make the focus of the essay “why dartmouth” but I think it’s ok to incorporate how dartmouth is a good match for your background. The main focus should be “something about yourself” though.Did anyone use "Please share something about yourself that is not addressed elsewhere in your application that you feel might be helpful to our Admissions committee" for a Why Dartmouth?
I wrote about one of my hobbies and how it is related to why medicine.Hm well I was gonna write about something about my upbringing and then relate that to why certain things at Dartmouth appeal to me? Or would this be stretching?
Hm well I was gonna write about something about my upbringing and then relate that to why certain things at Dartmouth appeal to me? Or would this be stretching?
That's what I did

Anyone know what Uber/Lyft coverage is like in Hanover? I checked and saw one person out driving, personally. I'm staying a little over a mile from Geisel so I may just walk if not - is it safe to walk around the city?
the_expert
Full Member
any ITA luck here? will be on the east coast for an interview and would rather not continue to commute from coast to coast.
D
deleted972488
Their FAQ says they consider them.any ITA luck here? will be on the east coast for an interview and would rather not continue to commute from coast to coast.
This might be a dumb question, but are we expected to provide proof that we are interviewing/visiting nearby when sending ITA emails? How do schools know applicants are actually ITA and not just fishing for an II lol?Their FAQ says they consider them.
D
deleted972488
I have heard of schools asking for proof, but it doesn't necessarily happen every time. My advice is don't lie.This might be a dumb question, but are we expected to provide proof that we are interviewing/visiting nearby when sending ITA emails? How do schools know applicants are actually ITA and not just fishing for an II lol?
the_expert
Full Member
I think they can ask for proof, but most will not. I recently learned that ITA's can be for general travel and not just other interviews. Makes sense with the whole concept behind an ITA!
I dont see this impacting whether or not you get an interview...but could be advantageous for rolling admin?This might be a dumb question, but are we expected to provide proof that we are interviewing/visiting nearby when sending ITA emails? How do schools know applicants are actually ITA and not just fishing for an II lol?
Oh, absolutely not! I wasn't even planning on sending an ITA request. Just a question asked out of curiosity of how schools verify you're actually going to be ITA 🙂I have heard of schools asking for proof, but it doesn't necessarily happen every time. My advice is don't lie.
anyone interviewed there ?
futuredoctorjanedoe
Full Member
This is what I did and got an IIHm well I was gonna write about something about my upbringing and then relate that to why certain things at Dartmouth appeal to me? Or would this be stretching?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just Geisel?what's the acronym used here?
Pre-II R, complete 7/4
R 🙁 complete 7/10
gg
FISTMCLARGEHUGE
Full Member
FIGHT ME YOU POINTY EARED FORREST FOLK. WE WILL SURVIVE YOUR R WAVE WHILE YOU SIT IN YOUR TREE HOUSES.
R complete 7/24
D
deleted971841
Rejected! Can I get an F? 

R 🙁
Well, it appears these are going in waves. R, complete 7/6
Anyone get an R who was complete in
August?
August?
Rejected! Can I get an F?![]()
Sorry to hear
If you are willing it would be great to know your compete dates...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the_expert
Full Member
Complete 7/10 and havent heard anything yet... Anybody in the same boat?
Last edited:
L
Likely on internal hold or nonchronological sortingYes, complete 7/16 and nothing yet.
sorry to hear that! were you notified by email or on the portal?Well, it appears these are going in waves. R, complete 7/6
sorry to hear that! were you notified by email or on the portal?