2019-2020 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
got the call about an hour ago :)

(essay not there and was never there for me. My friend also got accepted and her essay WAS there and then wasn't anymore after a few days)

I guess essay disappearing meant accept or reject, essay there means waitlisted

Members don't see this ad.

I'm guessing so. Does anyone know if they will continue the calls into tomorrow/friday? Or did all the A's go out today...
This might just my feeble attempt to cling onto hope, but I find it hard to believe they made 130 calls in one sitting. But I guess we'll see...

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone new call and ask if As are still going out tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
This might just my feeble attempt to cling onto hope, but I find it hard to believe they made 130 calls in one sitting. But I guess we'll see...
I hope that's the case.. I'm in the no essay/no call gang and if the whole Accept/Reject theory is true... :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Idk what to do since I’m getting waitlisted by all my schools :(

• Sad
Don't mean to be negative but I think it was only one day last year. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Missed a call from a NC number this morning, but no voicemail o_O

So calls might still be going out?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe there'll be more calls tomorrow. Here's hoping

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
This is so cruel. I’d rather they just tell everyone all at one time through a portal update instead of this drama of calling people.

Reactions: 7 users
This is so cruel. I’d rather they just tell everyone all at one time through a portal update instead of this drama of calling people.
Yes, I've spent a lot of time thinking about how out-of-touch adcoms are with the experience of the applicant. Duke probably thinks the phone calls are personal and appreciated, but in reality it presents a form of cruel agony to a majority of their interviewees. There has to be a better way to do things...

But honestly I'm imposing this cruel agony on myself by even being on SDN ;)

Got the acceptance call today! Anyone know how good financial aid at Duke is? The person who called me said that financial packages won't be available until after second look, which is March 13-15th

Got the acceptance call today! Anyone know how good financial aid at Duke is? The person who called me said that financial packages won't be available until after second look, which is March 13-15th

Same. I got the call today as well. I was kinda bummed that financial aid comes out then.

Yes, I've spent a lot of time thinking about how out-of-touch adcoms are with the experience of the applicant. Duke probably thinks the phone calls are personal and appreciated, but in reality it presents a form of cruel agony to a majority of their interviewees. There has to be a better way to do things...

But honestly I'm imposing this cruel agony on myself by even being on SDN ;)
I totally agree!!!!!!!

Duke law has a 23% admissions acceptance rate and their graduates 25th percentile starting salary is 180k

I might call tomorrow morning and ask if all acceptances are out now or if they'll continue calling. Will keep y'all appraised if I do

Reactions: 9 users
I might call tomorrow morning and ask if all acceptances are out now or if they'll continue calling. Will keep y'all appraised if I do

Good news, gang - Office of Admissions said they expect more calls to go out today. All hope is not yet lost!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Good news, gang - Office of Admissions said they expect more calls to go out today. All hope is not yet lost!
"Yeah we're gonna call dominoes and get a left beef, Dr. Ho has an insane coupon. Oh you meant acceptances? Nah fam try brody"

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

And yet my stress dreams keep screaming “abandon hope, all ye who enter sdn forums”
Jokes aside, thanks for calling and checking!

Reactions: 5 users
I asked them about second look logistics, and it starts Friday, March 13th in the morning (so we should get there Thursday) and it will be done by noon on March 15th!

I am so happy and excited to be accepted to Duke, and the PCLT. I’m still a little in shock, it was so sweet to be able to call my mom and dad to share the news. Now just have a hard decision between Duke and my state school/proximity to girlfriend.

Reactions: 4 users
I am so happy and excited to be accepted to Duke, and the PCLT. I’m still a little in shock, it was so sweet to be able to call my mom and dad to share the news. Now just have a hard decision between Duke and my state school/proximity to girlfriend.
congratulations!!! seems like your options are great, either way!
did you just get the call?

I wonder if they won't start calls until the afternoon again. Doesn't seem like anyone here has heard anything today so far

Congrats!!! Just out of curiosity (because why not beat the dead horse?), did your essay disappear?

• Haha
Jesus **** I got in
!!!??!

Email because international phone number I assume

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Does anyone know if there's an accepted students page/group?? Got the call yesterday :)

Jesus **** I got in
!!!??!

Email because international phone number I assume

A friend of mine got an email today too, but they're not international. Might just be an email sort of day?