2019-2020 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So are they done making calls?

I’m sorry if this has already been asked. I’m on edge. For those of you that applied to Mayo MN too you know why

When I spoke to admissions this morning they said calls would still be going out today. But so far it doesn't sound like anyone's been called, and it's been emails only. I'm thinking it's done now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
PLZ LET ME IN DUKE, PLZ

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
God, this is rough. I wish they'd just send out the remaining R's and WL's today if they're really done rather than making us wait.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just called admissions office. They said they’re still making calls and might even continue till tomorrow if they don’t finish. They said it didn’t look like Dr. Yee was in yet so they may be calling late today. Just what I was told over the phone.

Reactions: 12 users
Just called admissions office. They said they’re still making calls and might even continue till tomorrow if they don’t finish. They said it didn’t look like Dr. Yee was in yet so they may be calling late today. Just what I was told over the phone.
You are a hero.
Doctors are busy people. We gotta give them time. That said, it still does not change the fact that their process has aged me about 5 years in the past 2 days.

Reactions: 9 users
Mayo Clinic just accepted everyone who interviewed via an email glitch. So duke‘s slow process is looking pretty good right now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
I wish that it was considered okay to just call and ask about admissions status

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted and PCLT!! Got an email today because I told them I wouldn’t be available by phone in February/would be abroad.

also my essay disappeared as well!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point I'm just so confused. Are we waiting? Not waiting? Today? Tomorrow?

Somebody should call for sure...

• Haha
The person who answered had to say there were more calls because they don’t want to be the ones to essentially give out a rejection over the phone.

• Sad
Well, the Office of Admissions opens at 7 AM tomorrow. So maybe I'll call back then and see if anything else is forthcoming. Not expecting anything, but I've bothered them enough the past two weeks. Maybe Dr. Yee really was just super late today. Maybe not. Unless I get that WL or R I'm gonna hold out hope and keep checking in

Well, the Office of Admissions opens at 7 AM tomorrow. So maybe I'll call back then and see if anything else is forthcoming. Not expecting anything, but I've bothered them enough the past two weeks. Maybe Dr. Yee really was just super late today. Maybe not. Unless I get that WL or R I'm gonna hold out hope and keep checking in
Just a heads up, there are other people in addition to Dr. Yee in admissions that do the phone calls.

WL. And after the absolutely appalling lack of professionalism at MAYO today I will happily take it.

Didn't receive an email, rip.

Guess those of us who didn't hear back got the R?

So no call and no waitlist email = reject?

And waitlist doesn't show up on the portal?

• Sad
1581630965742.png

This has gotta be my acceptance email right

• Sad
No call or email gang. Gonna wait till Saturday to admit defeat.

Reactions: 4 users
No call or email gang. Gonna wait till Saturday to admit defeat.

I'm gonna call tomorrow morning if I don't get an email by then but I'm definitely not feeling the love rn

• Sad
super annoying that they didnt send out R and WL email at same time. maybe later 2night

Same. Does anyone know Duke's wait list stats?
According to MSAR, 100-125 waitlist spots per cycle and 10 got accepted. The odds are definitely not in my favor but slightly better than expected. Was thinking nobody would drop Duke.

Man why can't they just do both at the same time and my Mayo-filled misery today

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted via email, essay disappeared from portal. I'm just happy they gave me an answer!