About the Ads
Oct 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Also WL via email today— Idk if people still care but I think my essay disappeared like immediately :)

Reactions: lunarwater
Dec 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Also WL via email today— Idk if people still care but I think my essay disappeared like immediately :)
So people next year have that data- did anyone that hasn’t been emailed have their essay disappear? Mine is still loud and proud.

About the Ads

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Unless there was incorrect info given, Admissions said all As have been given out, maybe some WL would be given out today via email (i find this hard to believe), and they hope to send out all Rs today

• Wow
Reactions: PapayaJambalaya
About the Ads

u_raptor

Victim of the Mayo bamboozle
2+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
R

About the Ads

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Press F to pay your respects

Jan 29, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
post-II R... interviewed on their first day of interviews... and it's my alma mater. At least UNC accepted me, I guess.
Post-II R; after 2 days of checking my phone incessantly lol; and the decision email is so short...
Dear Applicant,
The Admissions Committee at Duke University School of Medicine has had the extremely
difficult task of reviewing more than 7000 applications. More than 700 applicants were
interviewed for the 120 available positions in our Entering Class of 2020.
We have now completed our deliberations and although competitive, we regret that your
application has not been chosen for the 2020 incoming class.
We appreciate your interest in us as a place to undertake your training for a career in
medicine and hope you will consider Duke again in the future.
Respectfully,
Linton Yee, MD
Associate Dean
School of Medicine Admissions

Last edited:

Medsthetic

2+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
R. Honestly thought this was one of my strongest interviews. Don’t really know what I would’ve done differently. Then again I’m from the northeast and don’t have any connection to the area.
Verysadpremed121

Reactions: 21dopapod12
Jul 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
R, thought it was my best MMI too. Guess there's other factors in consideration. It was a pleasure boys.

Aug 5, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was in the first interview group too and I thought it went great. Family alumni. Wonder what went wrong.

When you were there did they also say they were only interviewing 550 this year (despite the email saying 700) and strongly suggest that interviewing so early was a sure thing? There’s so much dishonesty in this process I am so sick of it.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019
I was in the first interview group too and I thought it went great. Family alumni. Wonder what went wrong.

When you were there did they also say they were only interviewing 550 this year (despite the email saying 700) and strongly suggest that interviewing so early was a sure thing? There’s so much dishonesty in this process I am so sick of it.
Yep.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TheDataKing
Dec 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

We are leaving fake adcoms in 2019

Fruitjuice

2+ Year Member
May 4, 2015
R. Honestly thought this was one of my strongest interviews. Don’t really know what I would’ve done differently. Then again I’m from the northeast and don’t have any connection to the area.
Do they prefer people in their area?

Feb 8, 2019
Do they prefer people in their area?
This tends to be true for most schools, even private ones. My acceptances so far have come from private schools in my home state or neighboring states. I know schools like upenn have like a 30% acceptance rate for in state and 20% for out of state. I think schools want to take people who are likely to go, which means people who have connections to the area or family.

About the Ads