2019-2020 George Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does gw take ITA if ur on hold? can u do ITA for a few weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

does gw take ITA if ur on hold? can u do ITA for a few weeks?
If you are "on hold" they are not planning on interviewing you at the moment, and perhaps not at all. An ITA is not going to change that.

Are we expecting Oct 15 decision release for those who interviewed very early Sept?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are we expecting Oct 15 decision release for those who interviewed very early Sept?
How early? I interviewed 9/10.

Judging from last year’s thread, it seemed like the first notified were late-August/early-September interviewees. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 users
How early? I interviewed 9/10.

Judging from last year’s thread, it seemed like the first notified were late-August/early-September interviewees. Fingers crossed!
Do you happen to know how many dates in August there were? I interviewed on 9/12. I know that there was 9/5 and 9/6

Do you happen to know how many dates in August there were? I interviewed on 9/12. I know that there was 9/5 and 9/6
I think there were two? Not a ton for sure. Could be wrong, idk. I was assigned 9/10 and didn't think to ask for an earlier date.

I think there were two? Not a ton for sure. Could be wrong, idk. I was assigned 9/10 and didn't think to ask for an earlier date.
Hopefully we're pleasantly surprised and there's some good news tomorrow for all of us!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully we're pleasantly surprised and there's some good news tomorrow for all of us!
Ugh, with the ~30% post-interview A rate, I'm just bracing for a WL. Especially being a lower stat applicant :(

The only thing keeping me optimistic is us being early interviewees haha

II just now! complete 8/7 and did have a hold status on my portal. my secondary turnaround time was >1 month haha... hopefully this gives some peeps hope!
Congrats!!! :) Did you send an update? Or did you just go from hold to II?!

I interviewed on 8/30 but not sure if there was an earlier date than that. Hoping that we hear some good news tomorrow!

Ugh, with the ~30% post-interview A rate, I'm just bracing for a WL. Especially being a lower stat applicant :(

The only thing keeping me optimistic is us being early interviewees haha
Interviewed on 9/12 as well, feeling the same thing! Really hoping for a surprise tomorrow! But not getting my hopes up.

Edit: 9/13, my bad :p

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! complete 8/7 and did have a hold status on my portal. my secondary turnaround time was >1 month haha... hopefully this gives some peeps hope!
Congrats, I am in basically the same boat, including dates. Are you willing to share stats?

FIRST ACCEPTANCEEEEEEE AHHHHHHHHH

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 41 users
Congratulations, that's awesome!!! I'm sure some of us are wondering-- when was your interview date?
complete very early July
interview Sept 5
acceptance Oct 15
:biglove:
:soexcited:
:love::banana:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
interviewed 9/10 and nothing yet...bracing for that WL

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
For those who interviewed early (August/early-September), I looked back at last year's thread:

Looks like GW doesn't necessarily send out decisions for all applicants who interviewed at a certain date at the same time. Last year, there was a late-August interviewee who didn't hear back until October 22-ish. Was hoping to receive a decision this week, but we might need to huddle up and buckle down for a little while longer :)

For those who interviewed early (August/early-September), I looked back at last year's thread:

Looks like GW doesn't necessarily send out decisions for all applicants who interviewed at a certain date at the same time. Last year, there was a late-August interviewee who didn't hear back until October 22-ish. Was hoping to receive a decision this week, but we might need to huddle up and buckle down for a little while longer :)
Thanks for looking at last year's thread! From your searching, did it seem like decisions started coming out roughly every week after the 15th?

Thanks for looking at last year's thread! From your searching, did it seem like decisions started coming out roughly every week after the 15th?
It looked like that for the first two weeks post-October 15th (decisions coming out every subsequent Monday since the 15th fell on a Monday) before people apparently started getting decisions on Wednesdays as well.

I have no idea if there's any rhyme or reason to the schedule they release decisions, but I think it's a good bet that many of those who interviewed early-mid September (I was 9/10) should hear back by sometime next week. Someone who interviewed 9/6 this year already received an acceptance, and 9/10 was the next subsequent interview day.

So, who knows :shrug:

It looked like that for the first two weeks post-October 15th (decisions coming out every subsequent Monday since the 15th fell on a Monday) before people apparently started getting decisions on Wednesdays as well.

I have no idea if there's any rhyme or reason to the schedule they release decisions, but I think it's a good bet that many of those who interviewed early-mid September (I was 9/10) should hear back by sometime next week. Someone who interviewed 9/6 this year already received an acceptance, and 9/10 was the next subsequent interview day.

So, who knows :shrug:
I can confirm this. Did all the same searching in last years thread earlier today. Most early-mid September interviews who posted on SDN heard back within two weeks after 10/15.

• Wow
Anyone hear back today about any acceptances/waitlists?
Nada. I'm expecting decisions to be released on a weekly basis for the next few weeks, at least that's what last years thread seemed to show.

Waitlisted also. Interviewed on 9/12. I just checked the portal

Waitlisted...I think? Is that what an alternate is? Interviewed 9/10.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Waitlist :/ Saw on portal. They said they were “pleased to inform me about my selection as an alternate” lmao

• Sad
Waitlist :/ Saw on portal. They said they were “pleased to inform me about my selection as an alternate” lmao

1571247785840.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Waitlisted as well :( just checked the portal. Interviewed 9/19. Good luck to everybody else!!

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
alt list, post-interview, going to be withdrawing. GL peeps : D

Reactions: 8 users
Also put on the alternate list, interviewed 9/13. Super bummed.

• Sad
It ain’t over til it’s over. Prepare those updates bois. I’m in for the long haul.

Reactions: 6 users
Alternate list - gonna withdraw it, good luck to yall!!

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users