2019-2020 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That might mean that the waitlist is still active for Hofstra! About to return the favor, take my chances and send this email to Cornell to ask about their movement haha, fingers crossed my friend

Your optimism is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
About 5 new members joined the fb group this week. Of course they could be joining late, but it might mean a fair amount of WL movement.

They responded. They are unable to disclose any information. It was worth a shot!

If the class was full I don't see why they couldn't disclose that so hopefully we'll see some waitlist movement next week!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any accepted students, can y'all please let us now how the Facebook group is looking? How many members are we at?

Any accepted students, can y'all please let us now how the Facebook group is looking? How many members are we at?

113 members, w a bunch of current students (at least 6 since that's how many admin). also keep in mind some people may have withdrawn but just not remove themselves from the group

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

There's probably about 50-55 people fully committed based on housing stuff/groupme

• Love
For those accepted off the waitlist, how long did they give you to respond to the offer?

Hi all, a couple questions for accepted students -
Has the administration provided any insights or commented on whether classes in the fall semester will begin virtually?
Also, have there been any comments on how this would impact the EMT training/opportunities given to 1st year students?
Thank you!

Has the administration provided any insights or commented on whether classes in the fall semester will begin virtually?
Also, have there been any comments on how this would impact the EMT training/opportunities given to 1st year students?
Thank you!

I think most schools are going to wait until after their class is committed/filled to announce these changes. My speculation is schools don't want any of these changes to affect decisions on where they will go, so we might not get real answers until June/July. Harvard probably doesn't worry much about people leaving and can be the first to announce this. That's just my guess though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!
I think they mentioned briefly during second look about adjusting part of the first year such as changing the emt training to another activity if necessary due to the pandemic. This was back in early April though and they have not made an official announcement yet.

Thank you!
Our classwide emails (and Q&A with admin) indicate that we're planning to return to in-person classes for fall 2019, with the obvious caveat that everything is tentative depending on the situation later in the summer.

Anyone know if people accepted off the waitlist historically receive institutional aid like everyone else?

Can any accepted students comment on how the Facebook page/GroupMe looks now?

I’ve uploaded letters of interest to the portal but now I feel like they never read them lol

Accepted off of the 1st tier waitlist today!!
However having trouble accessing the affirmation statement and terms and conditions. Did anyone have the same issues?

Accepted off of the 1st tier waitlist today!!
However having trouble accessing the affirmation statement and terms and conditions. Did anyone have the same issues?

Congratulations!
Just keep trying, the T&C page will eventually show up.

For those accepted in the past month, how long did it take for you to see your Financial Award Package?

Hi guys, could someone please share info on updates regarding committed students on group me/FB?

Hi guys, could someone please share info on updates regarding committed students on group me/FB?
There are 118 people on the facebook page but this likely includes people who committed elsewhere. The groupme has 66 people.

• Sad
I'm hoping to get off of the 1st tier waitlist, but I want to defer my acceptance to complete a masters program that I was just accepted to. The deadline to request deferment is May 1. Do you think they would be lenient with this deadline, given I would only be accepted after this date?

• Dislike
I'm hoping to get off of the 1st tier waitlist, but I want to defer my acceptance to complete a masters program that I was just accepted to. The deadline to request deferment is May 1. Do you think they would be lenient with this deadline, given I would only be accepted after this date?

If the masters program is a priority, you should take that and go there. Schools dont easily grant deferrals (this year complicated by the fact that numerous ppl are making requests due to covid) and it is highly unlikely they grant even if you got off the WL seeing as the school’s own deadline has passed. Ask yourself which is more of a priority to you right now.

• Love
Trigger Warning: That e-mail literally made my HR go to 167, my smart watch is proof. It's just a survey reminder.

Trigger Warning: That e-mail literally made my HR go to 167, my smart watch is proof. It's just a survey reminder.

Oh my god, my heart rate spiked so hard when I got the email. I hate these stupid survey reminders.

• Haha
omg. that freaking survey reminder ...... like i've already done it three times Hofstra pls accept me !!!

Reactions: 6 users
You had posted before that you were second tier waitlist, did they bump you up at some point?
No I've been first-tier the whole time, interviewed in October and was WL'd in January

do you guys think the class is full by now, or still some chance of movement?

Our classwide emails (and Q&A with admin) indicate that we're planning to return to in-person classes for fall 2019, with the obvious caveat that everything is tentative depending on the situation later in the summer.
Would you mind clarifying which emails you're referring to? I don't think I've gotten anything indicating they plan on returning to in-person -- just wanna make sure I'm not missing some emails that they've sent out!

Have accepted students started looking for housing yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Withdrew from the first tier WL today because I signed a lease at my PTE school. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Love
Got the call but already had withdrawn. But the waitlist is still moving lads! Stay positive!