You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Indiana
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
thisisaburneraccount
Full Member
Not yet. I have a hunch it’ll probably be on June 15 if we were to hear anything since the waitlist email was sent out on April 15 and the first round of waitlist acceptances were sent on May 15Has anyone heard anything off the WL after the mid-May batch?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My deferral request got approved so that's one more spot for someone on the waitlist! Good luck everyone!
D
deleted1005378
I know you have to CTE by July 13th.Hey guys do you know if we are required to select plan to enroll?
D
deleted1011020
@Biogal
@Phenylalamean
@lovestone21
@pastasauce11
@med0426
Can one of you post what the portal looks like after being accepted off of the waitlist?
@Phenylalamean
@lovestone21
@pastasauce11
@med0426
Can one of you post what the portal looks like after being accepted off of the waitlist?
I haven’t gotten the acceptance package either. I emailed them and they said that we would get information soon but I haven’t received anything.Did any of you guys who got accepted on May 15th not get the acceptance package in the mail yet? Idk what’s going on
I got accepted in early April and still haven't gotten the acceptance package in the mail lmaoDid any of you guys who got accepted on May 15th not get the acceptance package in the mail yet? Idk what’s going on
D
deleted1005378
For those who got off the WL & are accepting enrollment at IU, I’d suggest joining the Facebook group (IUSM Class of 2024) to stay up to date with news until receiving acceptance information. There’s also a class wide GroupMe to join. If you know which campus you’re assigned to, there’s a separate GroupMe for that too. Links for campus specific GroupMes are in the Facebook group.
There may be delays in getting the acceptance letters in the mail due to the pandemic. For financial information, all the contact information is on the portal so if you have questions go ahead and reach out to the Director of Financial Aid.
As an accepted student, we’ve only gotten financial aid information via email. Everything else that we know of for pre-matriculation tasks we know from the portal. To the best of my knowledge, we don’t know any other details.
There may be delays in getting the acceptance letters in the mail due to the pandemic. For financial information, all the contact information is on the portal so if you have questions go ahead and reach out to the Director of Financial Aid.
As an accepted student, we’ve only gotten financial aid information via email. Everything else that we know of for pre-matriculation tasks we know from the portal. To the best of my knowledge, we don’t know any other details.
Last edited by a moderator:
Sunburntdragon
premed398
I emailed them about this and they said that they are not able to enter the office and assemble/mail the acceptance letter. Therefore, it will be sent in early June.Did any of you guys who got accepted on May 15th not get the acceptance package in the mail yet? Idk what’s going on
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed an email first and then checked my portal and there was a new tab stating that I was accepted. It doesn't seem like they are doing mass acceptances. Acceptances also seem to be coming out on Fridays.Congratulations to you guys! 🙂 I️ can imagine your excitement.
How did you guys find out? Was it via Email? I’m on the waitlist and still holding on to hope.
Thank you for the response. I️ appreciate it! I’m remaining hopeful. Congrats again! Wishing you all well!I noticed an email first and then checked my portal and there was a new tab stating that I was accepted. It doesn't seem like they are doing mass acceptances. Acceptances also seem to be coming out on Fridays.
D
deleted1011020
Just got accepted off the waitlist!!! Going to Indy!!! There is hope for all of you still on the waitlist.
Yesterday I was also accepted off the waitlist! I get to stay in Indy!! 😀
Congrats on the acceptances!!! Are you both SCP applicants by the way?
Nope. I'm RD.Congrats on the acceptances!!! Are you both SCP applicants by the way?
Same, RD!Nope. I'm RD.
thisisaburneraccount
Full Member
Got off the waitlist a few days ago and I’m heading to Muncie!!!
I was wondering if, for anyone accepted off of the waitlist last month, your FASFA is still showing up as not received? I sent mine back in January and it's still marked as not received. I wasn't sure if this was just an issue for me or whether other students accepted off the waitlist had a similar issue.
thisisaburneraccount
Full Member
Same thing’s happening to me tooI was wondering if, for anyone accepted off of the waitlist last month, your FASFA is still showing up as not received? I sent mine back in January and it's still marked as not received. I wasn't sure if this was just an issue for me or whether other students accepted off the waitlist had a similar issue.
has anyone seen a match list for IU anywhere? I'm kinda concerned that they don't have any data out there
Doesn't seem like they've been putting their match out lately, but I've found their match list from 2017: IUSM 2017 Match Map
D
deleted1011020
What time did everyone see the acceptance notification off of the waitlist?
mdtobe97
Full Member
I haven't heard anything, but I do know that the CTE deadline is July 10. Hopefully there will be some movement around then.Has anyone on the waitlist that has not been accepted yet reached out to admissions? Are they still considering waitlisted applicants? Thanks.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you !I haven't heard anything, but I do know that there CTE deadline is July 10. Hopefully there will be some movement around then.
No I was accepted over a month ago and have not received one yet.Has anyone who is accepted received the letter packet in the mail yet? in my acceptance email they said they would be sending one but that was a couple weeks ago
D
deleted1011020
Has anyone on the waitlist that has not been accepted yet reached out to admissions? Are they still considering waitlisted applicants? Thanks.
They consider through matriculation week per the information they've sent us.I haven't heard anything, but I do know that the CTE deadline is July 10. Hopefully there will be some movement around then.
Someone mentioned earlier the admissions office wasn't able to send more out because they can't go in (COVID-19 restrictions).Has anyone who is accepted received the letter packet in the mail yet? in my acceptance email they said they would be sending one but that was a couple weeks ago
Sunburntdragon
premed398
I was accepted May 15th via email, and just today received the acceptance letter in the mail.
If you didn’t get the acceptance email then how did you find out you’re off the waitlist ?
Just accepted off WL yesterday. I haven’t gotten the acceptance email yet, I was hoping someone could PM me who’s in the Facebook groups or has info about what the class situation is going to be! Trying to figure out moving arrangements 🙂
They called me!If you didn’t get the acceptance email then how did you find out you’re off the waitlist ?
I would contact them specifically because they have not released official news about what they are deciding to do about the class situation. The Facebook group is mainly filled with campus-specific GroupMe links and the entire class GroupMe link so if you would like to stay up to date, I'd recommend for you to join those GroupMes. All other major updates are sent out every Monday via email.Just accepted off WL yesterday. I haven’t gotten the acceptance email yet, I was hoping someone could PM me who’s in the Facebook groups or has info about what the class situation is going to be! Trying to figure out moving arrangements 🙂
lakers1234
New Member
So I interviewed on the first day of interviews in September and I still haven't heard back from the waitlist...am I screwed? Does anyone know of an estimate of how many people have been accepted off the waitlist already? Really sucks since IUSM was my goal as I am in-state and went to IU-Bloomington.
D
deleted1011020
So I interviewed on the first day of interviews in September and I still haven't heard back from the waitlist...am I screwed?
Chances I'd imagine get smaller with each day.
Does anyone know of an estimate of how many people have been accepted off the waitlist already?
No not that I'm aware of.
I saw somewhere that they accept 60/100 people from the waitlistSo I interviewed on the first day of interviews in September and I still haven't heard back from the waitlist...am I screwed? Does anyone know of an estimate of how many people have been accepted off the waitlist already? Really sucks since IUSM was my goal as I am in-state and went to IU-Bloomington.
Really? Wow. I️ wonder what their holistic approach takes into consideration? What is given more weight comparative to other parts of the applicant’s profile?I saw somewhere that they accept 60/100 people from the waitlist
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1011020
Has anybody from the waitlist been rejected or notified?
I’m still on the waitlist. I️ don’t think anyone is going to be rejected until after the first week of classes. That is when they stated the cut off timeline is. It’s kind of disappointing for those still waiting but who knows? Maybe with the way things are at the moment and most schools remaining closed, it’s a blessing in disguise? I’m trying to remain optimistic about the situation and letting the pieces fall where they may. It’s certainly not the end of the world if I️ have to re-apply.
lakers1234
New Member
Just got the rejection email yesterday.Has anybody from the waitlist been rejected or notified?
Anyone know if we can get some kind of feedback?
D
deleted1011020
Just got the rejection email yesterday.
Anyone know if we can get some kind of feedback?
I was rejected around the same time. Yea you can.