2019-2020 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone in the Facebook group has set up a group order for IU SOM branded Patagonia jackets. Just in case anyone would be interested in that sort of thing and isn't in the FB group. DM me and I can send you the link.

The only other thing going on in the FB group right now is people looking for roommates, setting up campus specific group texts, and graduating M4s selling their old textbooks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone that is accepted contacted the school about a more specific timeline for when we may find out campus placement? One email says mid april while the website say late april to early may.

Has anyone that is accepted contacted the school about a more specific timeline for when we may find out campus placement? One email says mid april while the website say late april to early may.

Yep a couple people called/emailed. One person got told "late April" and the other was told "last week of April" iirc. Apparently in last year's thread people got their assignments on April 25th. The 25th was a Thursday last year and but its a Saturday this year so I don't think it will happen on that date exactly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if alternates are supposed to send official transcripts now vs. after getting accepted?

Anyone know if alternates are supposed to send official transcripts now vs. after getting accepted?
correction**** you don’t have to send them in until July 22!! I would probably just send after you get this semesters final grades in or whenever you have all of your final grades reported

correction**** you don’t have to send them in until July 22!! I would probably just send after you get this semesters final grades in or whenever you have all of your final grades reported

Were they telling us to send transcripts now tho or just letting us know we'd have to do it by July 22 if we got accepted?

Were they telling us to send transcripts now tho or just letting us know we'd have to do it by July 22 if we got accepted?
That’s a good question, the way they have it worded on the portal is makes it seem like everyone should send one in even if they haven’t been accepted yet. I’m guessing it probably wouldn’t hurt to send it either way

If I didn’t hear anything by now should I assume that I am rejected. I really hope that I am not. Does anyone know someone who got of the alternate waitlist after April?

If I didn’t hear anything by now should I assume that I am rejected. I really hope that I am not. Does anyone know someone who got of the alternate waitlist after April?

+1. Same boat here but Alternate/WL emails went out after April 15th to a couple of ppl on here.

I think its safe to say we are in the R pool at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
They have to give us campus assignments before the 30th.

...right?

My F5 key is broken.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this has been asked already, but if I haven't heard anything yet (did not get waitlist email), is there any chance I could still be added to the waitlist? Or is it definitely a rejection?
Thanks for any insight! :)

Sorry if this has been asked already, but if I haven't heard anything yet (did not get waitlist email), is there any chance I could still be added to the waitlist? Or is it definitely a rejection?
Thanks for any insight! :)
Sorry to break it to you bro/sis, but IU forgot about us the second we left the building on interview day. Kind of hurts, but really speaks to the mess of an administration that this school possesses. Been waiting since October lol. Theres no reason any school should wait this long and not send one simple update about our status. Not even on the last day before PTE deadline...

Reactions: 5 users
idk what I'm gonna do if they don't release campus assignments tomorrow. Why does IU admissions seem hell bent on making this whole process as stressful as possible?

idk what I'm gonna do if they don't release campus assignments tomorrow. Why does IU admissions seem hell bent on making this whole process as stressful as possible?
A student in the group chat contacted them and they said campus assignments will be released prior to the ACMAS regulated date on May 1.

I’m not sure what ACMAS is - they probably meant AMCAS.

Last edited by a moderator:
A student in the group chat contacted them and they said campus assignments will be released prior to the ACMAS regulated date on May 1.

I’m not sure what ACMAS is - they probably meant AMCAS.

May 1 is tomorrow so hopefully we get them today. I am very disappointed in IU and their lack of communication which to me comes across as a blatant disregard for applicants and students. It’s very concerning and I am certain reflects how students are treated. My other school is the total opposite. While IU is higher ranked it’s not enough. I am most likely going to withdraw even if I get Indy

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 4 users
May 1 is tomorrow so hopefully we get them today. I am very disappointed in IU and their lack of communication which to me comes across as a blatant disregard for applicants and students. It’s very concerning and I am certain reflects how students are treated. My other school is the total opposite. While IU is higher ranked it’s not enough. I am most likely going to withdraw even if I get Indy

I feel the exact same way. The only thing holding me back from committing to the other school I've been accepted at is the about hundred-thousand-dollar cost difference. Ugh

lmao just withdraw then. nobody is forcing you to hang in there or make these passive aggressive posts. decision making is very important for your future - better start making those decisions now

lmao just withdraw then. nobody is forcing you to hang in there or make these passive aggressive posts. decision making is very important for your future - better start making those decisions now
Really hard to make a decision without all the information, though.

i mean i understand the whole covid situation may be contributing to the delays, but isn’t the lottery system computerized..? what’s the hold up

Commit to enroll tool is back up & running!
i mean i understand the whole covid situation may be contributing to the delays, but isn’t the lottery system computerized..? what’s the hold up

They probably have been having technical issues. That’s the only thing that comes to mind.

Commit to enroll tool is back up & running!

They probably have been having technical issues. That’s the only thing that comes to mind.
Someone from the accepted group emailed them, and they told them there ARE technical issues. This was from Tuesday if I remember right. Someone else said they will release assignments before May 1st. So i'm guessing they fixed it?..

The final date to put commit to enroll is July 13th right? IU is my only acceptance at the moment but I’m waiting for my top choice if they accept me off the waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone from the accepted group emailed them, and they told them there ARE technical issues. This was from Tuesday if I remember right. Someone else said they will release assignments before May 1st. So i'm guessing they fixed it?..
Cool, your guess is as good as mine haha!
The final date to put commit to enroll is July 13th right? IU is my only acceptance at the moment but I’m waiting for my top choice if they accept me off the waitlist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the final date is July 13th. The Pre-Matriculation tab in the student portal has this information if you want to double-check!

Just got this email from admissions after asking about campus assignments:

Good Afternoon,

We are currently facing technical difficulties with the campus assignment processes and they have been delayed this cycle. With most things this year the Pandemic has thrown the world a bit off kilter and we are having to alter things here and there and do apologize for the delay.

We are not holding people to a hard deadline on today’s April 30th deadline and understand completely if you need to delay your decision.

Now how hard would it have been to send that out to everybody??????

Good Afternoon,

We are currently facing technical difficulties with the campus assignment processes and they have been delayed this cycle. With most things this year the Pandemic has thrown the world a bit off kilter and we are having to alter things here and there and do apologize for the delay.

We are not holding people to a hard deadline on today’s April 30th deadline and understand completely if you need to delay your decision.

Now hard would it have been to send that out to everybody??????

True that!

Good Afternoon,

Now how hard would it have been to send that out to everybody??????
Did they mention how long it may be delayed?

Just withdrew my acceptance! I hope one of you gets the opportunity to go to Med school and join an amazing profession! Best of luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Just emailed admissions asking for an updated time estimate for campus assignments. They didn't have any additional info to share, just that assignments will be released "as soon as possible."

Oh well, we will get them when we get them I guess.

• Okay...
If there were an Olympic event for longest silence post-interview, IU, you get the gold medal bby

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
If there were an Olympic event for longest silence post-interview, IU, you get the gold medal bby
For real though. I thought acceptances/rejections/waitlists had to go out by April 30th but apparently not

Lol I saw everyone putting the campus group-me chats in the Facebook group last night, so I thought they released the campus assignment.. But false alarm ☹️

Just got assigned to my first choice at west lafayette

Fort Wayne here looking to trade for Indy, Bloomington, South Bend or West Lafayette (assuming they allow it). On the off chance anyone wants to trade shoot me a message.

Either way excited to attend IU!

Also got my campus assignment. I got my first choice, Indy!

I actually was kind of unsure if I wanted Indy or my hometown (Fort Wayne) but now that I have my placement I think I am really happy with it.