2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To those who received II's, what is the earliest date available for interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

IS or OOS? Stats?

In-state, regular decision, earliest dates available at the moment are in September

Good luck to the rest of you, I hope you get your IIs soon!!

Reactions: 1 users
hey guys. i received and finished my app in june but when i went back to check the portal on 7/14 i forget to hit submit. am i out of the running because i submitted >2 weeks

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys. i received and finished my app in june but when i went back to check the portal on 7/14 i forget to hit submit. am i out of the running because i submitted >2 weeks
Just hit the submit. 2 weeks is not a hard and fast rule.

Reactions: 1 user
Not at all

I know they have weird letter requirements, but is it okay to submit the secondary without the exemptions? I emailed them Monday and still haven't heard back.
Did you hear back about this? I just realized I submitted my application and wrote about something else in the optional essay :(

Verified 7/18/19
Secondary recieved 7/18/19
Secondary submitted 7/18/19
Now time to wait until my committee letter shows up in AMCAS

My status says under review right now.

Is this school research heavy?
There are a lot of opportunities for research and as a medical student you do have to participate in one of the research tracts. But, beyond this it is up to you whether you want to be involved in more research or not.

There are a lot of opportunities for research and as a medical student you do have to participate in one of the research tracts. But, beyond this it is up to you whether you want to be involved in more research or not.

Sorry, should've been more specific. I meant research heavy as in do they prefer applicants with tons of research experience?

Members don't see this ad :)
"To activate your application, please complete and return this form with your activation fee within two (2)weeks."

What exactly does this mean? They said their deadline was sometime in January? I submitted the application in 3 weeks...

Sorry, should've been more specific. I meant research heavy as in do they prefer applicants with tons of research experience?
It does seem like it. 93% of their matriculants last year had research experience according to MSAR.

I don't think I have heard of them being more inclined towards a candidate with more research experience but anything and everything you do is important in your application

I didn't realize that there was a 2 week deadline to submit the secondary (the website states: To activate your application, please complete and return this form with your activation fee within two (2)weeks.)

Should I even bother submitting it today?

I didn't realize that there was a 2 week deadline to submit the secondary (the website states: To activate your application, please complete and return this form with your activation fee within two (2)weeks.)

Should I even bother submitting it today?

idk where you and @starnight10 are reading that, but I never paid any activation fee?

gotcha, well i dont know how my 200 hrs of research will hold up then for this school haha
Can't control it now, best not to worry about it and let the rest of your app shine :)

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing worse than finding a typo in your secondary application after just submitting it ... RIP :dead:

• Haha
  • Sad
Nothing worse than finding a typo in your secondary application after just submitting it ... RIP :dead:
I was editing one of my essays cause it's my diversity one (found a minor mistake in one version) smh so I feel your pain.

I called and they said not to worry about the "2 weeks" thing.

I literally just noticed a typo in my submitted secondary in a sentence about the importance of making mistakes and learning from them. Hate to see it
Hopefully not too damaging

Lol idk if yall are talking about different secondaries, but I didnt see any diversity essay on the Kimmel secondary. Guess i majorly screwed up lmao.

Lol idk if yall are talking about different secondaries, but I didnt see any diversity essay on the Kimmel secondary. Guess i majorly screwed up lmao.
No you're good! There was only one prompt and thats the one I was taking about

how did you answer that question on the secondary application?

Wondering this as well. Do I select none of the options or do I select the individual letters option even if my letters don’t fulfill the exact requirements? Will it even let me submit if I haven’t selected any of those options?

Is there a separate prompt for reapplicants? If not, I was thinking about using the space to talk about what I did to improve since last applying and to write about other stuff I couldn't fit into my primary.

I never received the complete email even though everything was submitted on June 30. I emailed them today and they sent the complete email. Does that mean this entire time my application wasn't being reviewed? For those of you who have gotten II did you get a complete email?

I never received the complete email even though everything was submitted on June 30. I emailed them today and they sent the complete email. Does that mean this entire time my application wasn't being reviewed? For those of you who have gotten II did you get a complete email?
I just got the complete email too. But I submitted June 30, my portal says my application was complete since July 1, and my status has been "under review" for a while now. Confused.

Reactions: 7 users
I just got the complete email too. But I submitted June 30, my portal says my application was complete since July 1, and my status has been "under review" for a while now. Confused.

+1

I thought I was complete this entire time bc the portal said I was under review... but I just received a complete email lol

Reactions: 4 users
+1 for the email just now

Saw “congrats” as the first word and my heart jumped. UNC all over again

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users

+1, submitted 7/2

Okay so did anyone else get that complete email literally the second they submitted the secondary?

Reactions: 3 users
Okay so did anyone else get that complete email literally the second they submitted the secondary?

some people earlier in the thread got a complete email soon after submitting. I submitted 6/30 and just got it today.

Considering a lot of us submitted before you, and you're the only one with an invite so far (in this thread)... I wonder if everyone who just got the complete email hasn't even had their apps looked at lmao

Same. That **** pissed me off cuz it said congrats and I thought I got the damn II.
I also saw the complete email (6/29) this morning and once I saw the "Congratulations" my heart dropped! I can't even describe to you the disappointment I felt, ruined my mood :annoyed:

I also saw the complete email (6/29) this morning and once I saw the "Congratulations" my heart dropped! I can't even describe to you the disappointment I felt, ruined my mood :annoyed:
Every morning thus far I’ve been feeling the same level of anger and anxiety. I’m tryna make sure my LOR are all good, so I’m waiting for the decision for some of these damn early schools that have been sending out II, so I haven’t sent most of my LOR to the other schools I’ve completed

Every morning thus far I’ve been feeling the same level of anger and anxiety. I’m tryna make sure my LOR are all good, so I’m waiting for the decision for some of these damn early schools that have been sending out II, so I haven’t sent most of my LOR to the other schools I’ve completed

Is there a premed advisor or committee at your school who can review LOR? I was worried about one of mine and mentioned it to my premed advisor, but she told me she read it and I should use it