2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Following

Members don't see this ad.

No, if you haven’t noticed, adcoms read 5 applications on one day during the week, then take a month long break

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
II! OOS, LM 70. Dates available every wednesday, chose one in early October.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My LORs didn't meet their requirements (missing a physics letter) and I never sent them any message or anything asking for an exception. I still got an II but do you guys think I should still send that exception request email?
Can confirm they are not strict on LOR requirements and I know someone who was accepted without a physics or humanities letter.

Can confirm they are not strict on LOR requirements and I know someone who was accepted without a physics or humanities letter.
Do you know if they notified admissions for an exception or anything? And if so, did they do so before or after getting an II?

II! 6/27 submit , had given up hope lol

Edit: OOS for anyone wondering

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
II this afternoon! My first one I am so excited!!!! complete 7/14

Do you know if they notified admissions for an exception or anything? And if so, did they do so before or after getting an II?
Emailed when applying to see if they were strict, not necessarily for an official “exception.”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody that’s interviewed here, or even goes here now, can tell me about the parking situation? I only live about 3 hours away so I’ll be driving in, I’m assuming there’s a garage nearby that I can park in for the day, especially if the school will validate my parking for free? Also going to be looking for hotel suggestions close to campus.

Has anybody that’s interviewed here, or even goes here now, can tell me about the parking situation? I only live about 3 hours away so I’ll be driving in, I’m assuming there’s a garage nearby that I can park in for the day, especially if the school will validate my parking for free? Also going to be looking for hotel suggestions close to campus.

Strong ties to Jeff/philly (still no II though lmao) and there’s parking garages right on campus. Hotels can get pretty pricey depending on where you go, esp if it’s on the weekend. There’s a few hotels around broad and walnut street area that are 150-200 but all within a 5-10 minute walk to Jeff. Feel free to PM me about the city in general, I’ve been here for over 8 years

Strong ties to Jeff/philly (still no II though lmao) and there’s parking garages right on campus. Hotels can get pretty pricey depending on where you go, esp if it’s on the weekend. There’s a few hotels around broad and walnut street area that are 150-200 but all within a 5-10 minute walk to Jeff. Feel free to PM me about the city in general, I’ve been here for over 8 years
I was checking for hotels in the area and they all seemed 200+ with tax for me... at least at decent ones. Which hotels are you referencing?

I was checking for hotels in the area and they all seemed 200+ with tax for me... at least at decent ones. Which hotels are you referencing?
Side note: a lot of hotels near Kimmel offer a discounted Jefferson rate

I have some travel rewards points from app costs that I’m using for hotels, and I recently learned that I can use points to cut the cost of the hotel in half. So my big concern is really how close it’ll be.

I’ll do some research tonight and PM you about my ideas later!

I have some travel rewards points from app costs that I’m using for hotels, and I recently learned that I can use points to cut the cost of the hotel in half. So my big concern is really how close it’ll be.

I’ll do some research tonight and PM you about my ideas later!
Check the Holiday Inn Express. Very convenient location about three blocks away. Ask for the Jefferson Med School or the Jefferson Med Center/Hospital rate.

Check the Holiday Inn Express. Very convenient location about three blocks away. Ask for the Jefferson Med School or the Jefferson Med Center/Hospital rate.
This is actually what I ended up booking yesterday, especially since there’s a hospital parking garage smack dab between the Curtis building and the hotel. I figured I’d just park there and walk back and forth.

Probably depends on how significant the update is (ex. Publication submitted).

This is actually what I ended up booking yesterday, especially since there’s a hospital parking garage smack dab between the Curtis building and the hotel. I figured I’d just park there and walk back and forth.
Is hospital parking free?

Is hospital parking free?
for the main hospital? definitely not free even with parking validation but idk if SKMC admissions has a different deal

I was in Philly last November and found a parking garage somewhere in center city that was only $7 for a day, so there are definitely deals to be had if you look around. it could be that some hotels let you park for free if they have garages

Can any current students explain what the actual interview is like, in terms of setting? Is it in an office/secluded area or in a large room with multiple people interviewing in the same place?

Can any current students explain what the actual interview is like, in terms of setting? Is it in an office/secluded area or in a large room with multiple people interviewing in the same place?

So the student interview is usually in a room with a lot of people but they’re still individual interviews. The faculty interview is usually in the faculty’s office.

So the student interview is usually in a room with a lot of people but they’re still individual interviews. The faculty interview is usually in the faculty’s office.
Is it loud or difficult to hear? Also the student interview is closed file right?

For anyone with an II is your transcript showing up in the transcripts tab? Mine is blank but my portal says under review, just want to make sure it's not missing for some reason from their side (it's been in AMCAS for forever).

For anyone with an II is your transcript showing up in the transcripts tab? Mine is blank but my portal says under review, just want to make sure it's not missing for some reason from their side (it's been in AMCAS for forever).
Have an interview, nothing under transcript tab either.

When do/did their interviewing begin? got the email yesterday and there were no options available before 10/9

Is it loud or difficult to hear? Also the student interview is closed file right?

I mean yes for both questions but I don’t remember really having a big issue to communicate... it didn’t really hurt my experience in any way

Just got an II! Complete 8/13. Strong Philly ties. LM 77 WARS 92

Congrats to those of you who got interviews :) I was complete in 7/23 but I haven’t heard back yet!! Do you guys think they are going in order of apps or not?? I know some people here got II and were completed after me. I just want to know if I should lose hope already

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those of you who got interviews :) I was complete in 7/23 but I haven’t heard back yet!! Do you guys think they are going in order of apps or not?? I know some people here got II and were completed after me. I just want to know if I should lose hope already
I feel like vomitcom is a rare exception as he heard back about an interview within a day

I feel like vomitcom is a rare exception as he heard back about an interview within a day
Yes I was super not expecting that and my case should be a great example to illustrate how adcoms defy all logic and have weird mechanisms for selecting applications to review and deliberate on.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes I was super not expecting that and my case should be a great example to illustrate how adcoms defy all logic and have weird mechanisms for selecting applications to review and deliberate on.
seems like you have great stats and philly ties so makes sense I suppose. Either way, congrats!

Reactions: 2 users
So, the student will pick you up from the group and take you to another spot where both of you can have a conversation privately. You are all not in one room trying to have conversations. The student interview is closed file, but the faculty interview may be open.

It only takes ONE SECOND to recognize greatness King/Queen :bow: :bow:

Do you mind sharing your stats and areas of strength? I just want to get a feel of things haha! Thank you :)

So I guess SKMC is not going in order?? That is exactly what I wanted to hear as it is reassuring.