2019-2020 Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my interview on 11/9. Hopefully someone here will get it

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the AMCAS "Choose your medical school" tool will become available?

Did everyone receive an email to indicate interviews? Are interviews sent via email or letter?

So if I got a letter and no email....... that's probably a rejection...... right? :(
I'm sorry, I may be confused. Did you get a letter from Kentucky before receiving an interview? Most institutions reject via email, not letters (as far as I know)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry, I may be confused. Did you get a letter from Kentucky before receiving an interview? Most institutions reject via email, not letters (as far as I know)
I received a letter today in the mail (haven't been able to open it as I'm at work, but I know it's there). I have not received any email from KY (not for an interview or anything else). I'm assuming that a letter with no prior email is probably a rejection letter...........?

I received a letter today in the mail (haven't been able to open it as I'm at work, but I know it's there). I have not received any email from KY (not for an interview or anything else). I'm assuming that a letter with no prior email is probably a rejection letter...........?
You've probably been waitlisted.

First R of the season... sent via a letter. Good luck to everyone else this season!

Are interviews at this school pretty laid back? Any difficult questions to know about?

Does anyone have any information on what the waitlist process is like?
If you didn't hear back after the meeting after you interviewed you didn't get in. They send a waitlist letter. You can send updates and letter of intent/interest (idk how much that helps)

If you didn't hear back after the meeting after you interviewed you didn't get in. They send a waitlist letter. You can send updates and letter of intent/interest (idk how much that helps)
Yeah I figured. I actually got my letter today. I was just wondering when they start accepting people off the waitlist and how they go about doing that. Thank you though!

Yeah I figured. I actually got my letter today. I was just wondering when they start accepting people off the waitlist and how they go about doing that. Thank you though!
they can pull people from the waitlist as the cycle progresses. Just depends on where you are on their list

Interviewed at NKY 10/2, Accepted 10/19 via phone call
OOS (neighboring state to KY)

Accepted to NKY! Does anyone know the date of orientation week? And is there a second look day?

The tentative schedule I found online says orientation begins 07/27/20. And they should send more information about second visit day in the coming months, I'd anticipate it being sometime between mid Feb to March

Last edited:
Just got an email saying I'm deferred. Is this the basically waitlisted?

Odd because I thought my app was strong for state school. You win some, you lose some, just gotta be thankful.

Just got an email saying I'm deferred. Is this the basically waitlisted?

Odd because I thought my app was strong for state school. You win some, you lose some, just gotta be thankful.

When did you interview?

Accepted to Bowling Green yesterday via phone call!

Congratulations! When did you interview; and did you interview in Bowling Green or Lexington? Was BG your top choice?

So I recently got an email stating I was on the alternate list. I checked last year's thread and people were in a similar situation and received an acceptance one to two weeks after receiving the notification being on alternate list. I just checked my portal and my portal does not say anything at all about a decision. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Congratulations! How long after you received the call did it take for them to send you an email of acceptance? Also, how did you find out what campus you got?

I got an email yesterday that I was deferred. In the email, they recommended I send in my Fall semester grades for this year and other updates I might have.
1. What other updates would you include?
2. I originally had 1st choice being Lexington and 2nd NKU, after learning more about NKU as this first year progresses, I could change it to my 1st pick if it would increase my odds. Should I mention making NKU my 1st pick in the update?

Appreciate any insight!

I got an email yesterday that I was deferred. In the email, they recommended I send in my Fall semester grades for this year and other updates I might have.
2. I originally had 1st choice being Lexington and 2nd NKU, after learning more about NKU as this first year progresses, I could change it to my 1st pick if it would increase my odds. Should I mention making NKU my 1st pick in the update?

Appreciate any insight!
Maybe include some more volunteer work/research/extra-curricular stuff you’ve done since applying. I would also hold off on mentioning NKU. Only because they automatically consider you for that campus when you’re waitlisted (I think, don’t quote me on that) and I feel like it’s better to be in the pool for two campuses than just one!

Appreciate any insight!
I got the same email, I guess I can’t send anything in until the semester ends. Hopefully we here back before then though with good news.

Appreciate any insight!
I would ask the admissions committee about whether switching your campus preference to NKU would increase your odds. I know that if you are in the alternate pool it is for the specific campus you interviewed at. However, I think it is possible for you to be considered for NKU's campus if there are no spots left in Lexington. It doesn't hurt to ask!

I would ask the admissions committee about whether switching your campus preference to NKU would increase your odds. I know that if you are in the alternate pool it is for the specific campus you interviewed at. However, I think it is possible for you to be considered for NKU's campus if there are no spots left in Lexington. It doesn't hurt to ask!

Each branch is responsible for their own interviews I think and then the main Lexington admissions committee is who has the final word. So I don't know if switching preference at this point will change any odds or how that works with interviewing. In the update I would include any community outreach things you've done and how you plan to use those to impact your career and positively impact Kentucky communities. Look at where you think your app is weakest or where they might have concerns and beef it up in an update. All the advice I have! Hope it helps.

Reactions: 1 users
I read that there is an informal dinner with the students the night before the interview. Anyone can confirm?
I also would appreciate it if anyone who had interviewed at the Lexington campus, could provide any information about the structure of the interview day. Thank you