-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Morehouse
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How did you find out via email or mail?Rejected today. Bummer cause I live super close by and stats are higher than those that reported ii here, however not an urm...
Rejected today. Bummer cause I live super close by and stats are higher than those that reported ii here, however not an urm...
sorry to hear what are your stats
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II?Rejected today. Bummer cause I live super close by and stats are higher than those that reported ii here, however not an urm...
Its ok though because you already got 2 acceptances under your belt.Rejected today. Bummer cause I live super close by and stats are higher than those that reported ii here, however not an urm...
Pstar9
Full Member
How did you find out via email or mail?
Via email
Pstar9
Full Member
Pre-II?
Correct
When were you complete?Correct
Still waiting on an interview, submitted back in july. URM, oos
alwaysnice
Full Member
Yes at this point I would say to call the schoolI have not received a secondary from here yet, should I call the school? Stats are right at their average matriculant according to MSAR. OOS URM Lots of community service.
Not on the weekend, come on now MSM would get a little annoyed.Yes at this point I would say to call the school
same, I called and email them, they just say my application is still under review...It's been 2 months.I have not received a secondary from here yet, should I call the school? Stats are right at their average matriculant according to MSAR. OOS URM Lots of community service.
alwaysnice
Full Member
lol of course not during the weekendNot on the weekend, come on now MSM would get a little annoyed.
II just now. Complete 8/21. LM < 60
alwaysnice
Full Member
II! Complete 7/22, OOS, LM~65
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you only have one date available to choose from?II! Complete 7/22, OOS, LM~65
alwaysnice
Full Member
No I had three dates in October to choose fromDid you only have one date available to choose from?
Oh okay! My portal only showed one date. Good luck to you!No I had three dates in October to choose from
They responded to my first email literally one word "received". They said that every student is different on the phone so no timeline. But... I just received the secondary today! Good luckThat's all they said in response? Did they give you any sort of timeline or the maximum amount of time it should take to receive?
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
Does anyone know how they feel about non traditional students ?
+1Does anyone know how they feel about non traditional students ?
Which email did you send your inquiry to? Congrats on getting the secondary!!They responded to my first email literally one word "received". They said that every student is different on the phone so no timeline. But... I just received the secondary today! Good luck
What’s your secret? IS or OOSII just now. Complete 8/21. LM < 60
IS. I didn't do well in undergrad due to various reasons, decided later that I wanted to do medicine and did a post-bacc and performed much better. And I've also been working in research for over 3 years, so a few publications and presentations.What’s your secret? IS or OOS
I'm non-trad and have an interview, so I will say that they are accepting of themDoes anyone know how they feel about non traditional students ?
So upward trend I assume and <60LM is including your postbacc stuff?IS. I didn't do well in undergrad due to various reasons, decided later that I wanted to do medicine and did a post-bacc and performed much better. And I've also been working in research for over 3 years, so a few publications and presentations.
Yep!So upward trend I assume and <60LM is including your postbacc stuff?
pizzaandfries
New Member
No I had three dates in October to choose from
Hi! What other days did they give because I only got the October 11 date? Would be helpful because I have a conflict that day. Thanks!
For anyone that got an II, did anyone's email get sent to their spam box? Any suggestions on emailing Morehouse for an update on my app?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mind sharing your stats?II received on 10/1! IS, complete 8/15.
Does anyone who has already interviewed know approximately when the day ends?
studoct111100
New Member
So the only interview date i could choose was for this friday but I cant make it this friday. I asked if i could sign up for another date and the lady just said to log in later and see what other dates show.. does this sound like a bad idea?
alwaysnice
Full Member
Hmm no I don't think so. If you really can't make it this Friday, then sign up for another date where you are confident that you will be able to make it and do well!So the only interview date i could choose was for this friday but I cant make it this friday. I asked if i could sign up for another date and the lady just said to log in later and see what other dates show.. does this sound like a bad idea?
alwaysnice
Full Member
Thank you! Good luck to you too!!Oh okay! My portal only showed one date. Good luck to you!
alwaysnice
Full Member
They had October 11, October 16, and October 18.Hi! What other days did they give because I only got the October 11 date? Would be helpful because I have a conflict that day. Thanks!
Congrats! stats?First II!!! OOS URM
II at about 6 PM, today! Three dates in October were offered.
OOS
URM
Complete: 7/15
LM: 65
OOS
URM
Complete: 7/15
LM: 65
Congratulations!!! Stat and complete date pls?First II!!! OOS URM
Theprofessor’sprofessor
Full Member
When did you hear back it’s been silence hereRejected.... peace out I’m pretty sure bc I’m not URM
Literally at 7:00 when everyone else heard about their interviews.When did you hear back it’s been silence here
This is bs. It is not because youre not an URM.Rejected.... peace out I’m pretty sure bc I’m not URM
Just because its an HBCU doesnt mean they dont interview ORM. They do and accept ORM.
What if you didnt here anything at all?
Then you're still in the running. They may not have gotten to your app yet. No news is good news. Its obvious from recent posts that its either rejection or interview.
Good luck!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, I received mine last week and I am ORM.This is bs. It is not because youre not an URM.
Just because its an HBCU doesnt mean they dont interview ORM. They do and accept ORM.
Yep, I received mine last week and I am ORM.
What is ORM and you don’t have to get all salty about it jeezThis is bs. It is not because youre not an URM.
Just because its an HBCU doesnt mean they dont interview ORM. They do and accept ORM.
its not about being salty (and i wasnt because I simply shared a fact).What is ORM and you don’t have to get all salty about it jeez
Rather, its worrisome the mindset you have against HBCU.
Please show maturity and refrain from such stereotypes that HBCUs reject ORM.
You are simply wrong as I was not stereotyping anyoneits not about being salty (and i wasnt because I simply shared a fact).
Rather, its worrisome the mindset you have against HBCU.
Please show maturity and refrain from such stereotypes that HBCUs reject ORM.
You are simply wrong as I was not stereotyping anyone
That may have not been your intention, but their point is that your statement "Rejected.... peace out I’m pretty sure bc I’m not URM" implies that Morehouse rejected you only because you weren't URM rather than merit/other qualifications, hence, the stereotype that they only accept URM.