2019-2020 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected today. Bummer cause I live super close by and stats are higher than those that reported ii here, however not an urm...

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected today. Bummer cause I live super close by and stats are higher than those that reported ii here, however not an urm...
How did you find out via email or mail?

sorry to hear what are your stats

Members don't see this ad :)
Its ok though because you already got 2 acceptances under your belt.

Still waiting on an interview, submitted back in july. URM, oos

Reactions: 1 users
I have not received a secondary from here yet, should I call the school? Stats are right at their average matriculant according to MSAR. OOS URM Lots of community service.
Yes at this point I would say to call the school

Reactions: 1 user
I have not received a secondary from here yet, should I call the school? Stats are right at their average matriculant according to MSAR. OOS URM Lots of community service.
same, I called and email them, they just say my application is still under review...It's been 2 months.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's all they said in response? Did they give you any sort of timeline or the maximum amount of time it should take to receive?
They responded to my first email literally one word "received". They said that every student is different on the phone so no timeline. But... I just received the secondary today! Good luck

They responded to my first email literally one word "received". They said that every student is different on the phone so no timeline. But... I just received the secondary today! Good luck
Which email did you send your inquiry to? Congrats on getting the secondary!!

What’s your secret? IS or OOS
IS. I didn't do well in undergrad due to various reasons, decided later that I wanted to do medicine and did a post-bacc and performed much better. And I've also been working in research for over 3 years, so a few publications and presentations.

Reactions: 2 users
IS. I didn't do well in undergrad due to various reasons, decided later that I wanted to do medicine and did a post-bacc and performed much better. And I've also been working in research for over 3 years, so a few publications and presentations.
So upward trend I assume and <60LM is including your postbacc stuff?

For anyone that got an II, did anyone's email get sent to their spam box? Any suggestions on emailing Morehouse for an update on my app?

II received on 10/1! IS, complete 8/15.

Does anyone who has already interviewed know approximately when the day ends?

So the only interview date i could choose was for this friday but I cant make it this friday. I asked if i could sign up for another date and the lady just said to log in later and see what other dates show.. does this sound like a bad idea?

So the only interview date i could choose was for this friday but I cant make it this friday. I asked if i could sign up for another date and the lady just said to log in later and see what other dates show.. does this sound like a bad idea?
Hmm no I don't think so. If you really can't make it this Friday, then sign up for another date where you are confident that you will be able to make it and do well!

II at about 6 PM, today! Three dates in October were offered.
OOS
URM
Complete: 7/15
LM: 65

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Rejected.... peace out I’m pretty sure bc I’m not URM

Rejected.... peace out I’m pretty sure bc I’m not URM
This is bs. It is not because youre not an URM.
Just because its an HBCU doesnt mean they dont interview ORM. They do and accept ORM.

Reactions: 14 users
What if you didnt here anything at all?

What if you didnt here anything at all?

Then you're still in the running. They may not have gotten to your app yet. No news is good news. Its obvious from recent posts that its either rejection or interview.
Good luck!!

What is ORM and you don’t have to get all salty about it jeez
its not about being salty (and i wasnt because I simply shared a fact).
Rather, its worrisome the mindset you have against HBCU.
Please show maturity and refrain from such stereotypes that HBCUs reject ORM.

Reactions: 7 users
its not about being salty (and i wasnt because I simply shared a fact).
Rather, its worrisome the mindset you have against HBCU.
Please show maturity and refrain from such stereotypes that HBCUs reject ORM.
You are simply wrong as I was not stereotyping anyone

You are simply wrong as I was not stereotyping anyone

That may have not been your intention, but their point is that your statement "Rejected.... peace out I’m pretty sure bc I’m not URM" implies that Morehouse rejected you only because you weren't URM rather than merit/other qualifications, hence, the stereotype that they only accept URM.

Reactions: 7 users