You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nice, and congrats my fellow intl!I am international myself by the way!
Interview invite!
edit: complete 7/15
This definitely eases my mind a bit xD
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is this school receptive to ITA emails?
Not sure how to do the multi-quote or I'd point you to specific posts, but this thread says both yes and no...
"In the area" Email Compendium
On the other hand, some med schools specifically say they won't do it: http://medicine.tufts.edu/Admissions/FAQs
II just now, like 8pm lol. Pumped!!
edit: secondary received 7/8, complete 7/21.
edit: secondary received 7/8, complete 7/21.
Last edited:
D
deleted972488
I’d go with the second option to show how you grew from that.is it ok to use toughest feedback example that was unfair/discriminatory towards us? or should we use an example of tough feedback that was actually helpful?
D
deleted996731
Yea*Don't quote please*
For "Were there any circumstances which you feel might have adversely affected your academic performance during college? If so, please explain:" are they just getting at grades, or should we answer this if we have other abnormalities such as reduced courseload, approved leaves and/or withdrawls but otherwise great grades?
Why make it don't quote.... it's not personal and could potentially help others, I think that's what throwawaymd was getting at.
If there's anything that could be interpreted as poor performance, it's worth explaining. As you've noted, that's usually poor grades, but it could include other scenarios you've mentioned.
If there's anything that could be interpreted as poor performance, it's worth explaining. As you've noted, that's usually poor grades, but it could include other scenarios you've mentioned.
II last night! Complete 8/8
D
deleted996731
Congrats guys. Good to know that they’ve definitely passed over me
Congrats guys. Good to know that they’ve definitely passed over me
You’re fine
It’s only the first week of September
I don’t think they’be filled their class just yet
You are fine guys! Today was their first interview day. It was fun! Friendly people for sure. Good luck 🙂
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
congrats! what were the earliest interview dates available? also, do you mind sharing your stats?II received yesterday 9/4! Complete 8/18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received yesterday 9/4! Complete 8/18
Congratulations! Can you share your stats?
ALSo this thread is very quiet...
Congratulations! Can you share your stats?
ALSo this thread is very quiet...
I don't think Sinai has started sending out the bulk of their interviews yet
Congratulations! Can you share your stats?
ALSo this thread is very quiet...
3.9 514 3 pubs (1 first author) lots of research
3.9 514 3 pubs (1 first author) lots of research
Oh nice!!!!! I hope they send me an ii as well
Where you able to do this? I'm trying to upload one now and don't see the section in the portal? 🙁Anyone knows if it'd be too early to upload an In the Area update to the portal?
I never ended up doing it, but I heard it was supposed to just be uploaded as an additional document in the portal (there's a tab for it).Where you able to do this? I'm trying to upload one now and don't see the section in the portal? 🙁
Curious, have you had any ITA success?I never ended up doing it, but I heard it was supposed to just be uploaded as an additional document in the portal (there's a tab for it).
My D had some semi success. She isn’t sure whether it wasn’t ITA, or just that her timing for her app decision worked out and availability coincided somewhat with her planned trip. My guess is the latter.
Nope. I've only sent one to Cornell though, and that time no longer works for me so I hope they just haven't gotten to me yet.Curious, have you had any ITA success?
My D had some semi success. She isn’t sure whether it wasn’t ITA, or just that her timing for her app decision worked out and availability coincided somewhat with her planned trip. My guess is the latter.
Nope I haven't either. Will probably reach out to them early this week if I don't hear. Do you happen to remember/know if we get our own rooms or if we are sharing with other applicants?Question for MSTP applicants w/ interview invitations here: have you received any details on the hotel? I just want to make sure they have a room for me. I filled out the questions online but haven't received any more details
Curious, have you had any ITA success?
My D had some semi success. She isn’t sure whether it wasn’t ITA, or just that her timing for her app decision worked out and availability coincided somewhat with her planned trip. My guess is the latter.
Nevermind what I said earlier. I actually did send an ITA to one other school. I didn't get a response, but I did get an interview in the first wave and was able to schedule the two together.
D
deleted1005103
hi guys
Do you guys know if the class size indicated on MSAR, 140, includes those who enter thru flexmed? If so, do you know how many of that 140 are flexmed peeps vs regulars?
Thanks guys
Do you guys know if the class size indicated on MSAR, 140, includes those who enter thru flexmed? If so, do you know how many of that 140 are flexmed peeps vs regulars?
Thanks guys
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup same deal here. I don't think we are able to see who we are interviewing with yet (hopefully we find that out soon). Also haven't heard any specifics on hotel reservations beyond the mention of Hotel Wales in the itinerary.Did you also just get an email with itinerary for the interview? I have no idea which of the faculty I'll actually be interviewing with- there are many. Are you able to tell?
Also, still no hotel info as far as I can tell
Good luck to everyone beginning their application season!
I’m a current m3 at Sinai and happy to talk about any questions anyone might have. Feel free to PM me!
(Just FYI, I don’t work with admissions or interviewing so I won’t be able to answer questions specific to the admission/application process)
I’m a current m3 at Sinai and happy to talk about any questions anyone might have. Feel free to PM me!
(Just FYI, I don’t work with admissions or interviewing so I won’t be able to answer questions specific to the admission/application process)
Yup MSTP, I'll be interviewing at the beginning of next week, Sept 16-17What date are you all interviewing on? I am assuming MSTP
7
710118
II just now!!
Complete July 12. IS
Complete July 12. IS
Received an II!! The email recommended staying overnight with a student - does anyone know if this is worth it? Is it looked upon favorably by admissions or are there any other advantages besides saving money? I was planning on staying overnight with friends, but don't want to miss out on anything important.
They won’t tell you until you come in for the interview. They make you watch a video about the school + breakfast then they give you a schedule with your interviewers’ names on it!Yup same deal here. I don't think we are able to see who we are interviewing with yet (hopefully we find that out soon). Also haven't heard any specifics on hotel reservations beyond the mention of Hotel Wales in the itinerary.
D
deleted994247
Got an II but the only dates available are September 19th and September 25th. Is that what everyone else sees? I confirmed for September 19th (b/c I'm unavailable on the 25th), but I'm wondering if it's just a glitch and there are later dates available. Is this the kind of thing you call the office about?
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
i think it's fair to call the office and just verifyGot an II but the only dates available are September 19th and September 25th. Is that what everyone else sees? I confirmed for September 19th (b/c I'm unavailable on the 25th), but I'm wondering if it's just a glitch and there are later dates available. Is this the kind of thing you call the office about?
Hello everyone, M4 currently on the admissions committee. Happy to answer any questions. Best of luck!
Hello everyone, M4 currently on the admissions committee. Happy to answer any questions. Best of luck!
Hey, I have a question. First of all, how dare you not send me an invite? /s
D
deleted996731
While on the topic if you have an ii to a nyc school should I just pick one of other schools to send an ITA email since I’ll only have time for one more?Is Icahn receptive to ITA emails?
did you try Cornell or do you already have an interview?While on the topic if you have an ii to a nyc school should I just pick one of other schools to send an ITA email since I’ll only have time for one more?
D
deleted996731
I was gonna try Cornell since they seem the most receptive? Major neurotic question warning: Is it going to look bad if I send an ITA email after their historic announcement which might be free or debt free tuition? Would I look like I have bad intentions since I got my ii on Friday and waited till Monday to send an email?did you try Cornell or do you already have an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
Hello everyone, M4 currently on the admissions committee. Happy to answer any questions. Best of luck!
what do you think of the length of the pre-clinical at mount sinai? it's almost two years long, correct?Hello everyone, M4 currently on the admissions committee. Happy to answer any questions. Best of luck!
Send it today before the announcement. So if you are attending Hofstra vs Columbia it makes a difference. No reason to hide where you are interviewing. They all compete for same students.I was gonna try Cornell since they seem the most receptive? Major neurotic question warning: Is it going to look bad if I send an ITA email after their historic announcement which might be free or debt free tuition? Would I look like I have bad intentions since I got my ii on Friday and waited till Monday to send an email?
D
deleted996731
Thank you! Any idea of the best way to format an ITA email or is this easily searchable on sdn?Send it today before the announcement. So if you are attending Hofstra vs Columbia it makes a difference. No reason to hide where you are interviewing. They all compete for same students.
D
deleted996731
Also when saying I have an interview should I say the date that the interview is on or a date range I will be able to stay in the area for. My interview is for Monday but I know Cornell only does Tuesday and Thursdays.
dreamitmakeithappen
Full Member
if i'll be in the area for interviews but i live about 4.5 hours away, do you guys think i should send an ITA email?