2019-2020 Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Maybe it’s only appearing for people who interviewed later and weren’t deferred?

Reactions: 1 users
I would call them if I were you. I was a part of that whole Mayo debacle and don't wish that upon anyone lol

I think I'll wait and see until Friday at least to see if they send me an official decision. If there's some sort of discrepancy I will call them Monday and let them know there seems to be some sort of error - don't want to unnecessarily bother them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok well then maybe it is only for people with later interview dates (assuming it’s not a fluke)....just trying to cling to hope
my bad! Not trying to cause stress. Tbh I really wanted to stay in Chicago and go to NW but they had other plans for me haha. I hope you get in :)

Reactions: 1 user
It's totally possible they just acidentally released my interview date's decisions (Dec. 17th) early to the AMCAS medical tool but this didn't happen for January interview dates. Sorry also if added to anyone's stress! I might just call.

Reactions: 5 users
Just like the ghost tabs I wouldn’t stress and try to interpet this.

In previous years, later interviews had their decision before deferrals. Realistically, they might have been loading up decisions on their database so they could mass release them all on whichever Friday it lands on and the Dec 17th selection happened to go through to the AMCAS tool.

If you don’t have anything on AMCAS I wouldn’t start panicking just wait it out.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
It's totally possible they just acidentally released my interview date's decisions (Dec. 17th) early to the AMCAS medical tool but this didn't happen for January interview dates. Sorry also if added to anyone's stress! I might just call.
That’s when I interviewed at I got a decision in Jan so I don’t know if it correlates

Members don't see this ad :)
During the previous years, one can actually find out their acceptances prior to being called or contacted by the school if they look at the AMCAS Tool. This is because some schools notify AMCAS prior to notifying the applicants.

I am unsure about this case because, if the above were true for this school, I would assume more applicants would have the option.

So I called and they said no decision had been made yet, and that they will look into the error!

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Bro what is going on with all these technical errors this year..

Also, are we sure decisions come out this Friday?

Reactions: 2 users
decisions have to come out before march 2nd tho right, because thats when the FAFSA is due for feinberg

decisions have to come out before march 2nd tho right, because thats when the FAFSA is due for feinberg

I think you are able to submit a FAFSA to Feinberg even without having an acceptance yet. Anyone know if this is correct?

where do we find the choose your medical school tool? i was accepted to feinberg in early jan and another school in october and dont see it anywhere?

where do we find the choose your medical school tool? i was accepted to feinberg in early jan and another school in october and dont see it anywhere?
Log on to your AMCAS, select app year, scroll down to the 'Quick Links" box.

Yet another waitlist. I’m not sure if they’re slow this cycle with acceptances or my app isn’t as good as I thought or all the T20 MCAT medians jumped 3 points.

Or maybe I’m a crap interviewer...I’m leaning towards this because if I can recall even one imperfection in my interview I end up getting R or WL

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Got the A! I felt really good about this interview. Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Ok. Now I'm feeling better. Congrats to the people who got accepted! I really like Feinberg, but I doubt I'll be able to wait around to get off the alternate list. It is a great school and I'm sure you guys will do very well there. I'm fortunate enough to have gotten some acceptances from elsewhere. Cheers!

Waitlist, interviewed late January.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Sad
Yet another waitlist. I’m not sure if they’re slow this cycle with acceptances or my app isn’t as good as I thought or all the T20 MCAT medians jumped 3 points.

Or maybe I’m a crap interviewer...I’m leaning towards this because if I can recall even one imperfection in my interview I end up getting R or WL
+1

• Sad
For the record, I did not send a letter of interest and never had any of the tabs.

@fletcher2 MSAR says 10, though I am not sure how true this is. I believe this is from the cycle prior to the new traffic rules. Best indication might be from last year’s thread. I find it hard to believe they accept 70% from their interviews.