2019-2020 Northwestern

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just like the ghost tabs I wouldn’t stress and try to interpet this.

In previous years, later interviews had their decision before deferrals. Realistically, they might have been loading up decisions on their database so they could mass release them all on whichever Friday it lands on and the Dec 17th selection happened to go through to the AMCAS tool.

If you don’t have anything on AMCAS I wouldn’t start panicking just wait it out.
 
It's totally possible they just acidentally released my interview date's decisions (Dec. 17th) early to the AMCAS medical tool but this didn't happen for January interview dates. Sorry also if added to anyone's stress! I might just call.
That’s when I interviewed at I got a decision in Jan so I don’t know if it correlates
 
During the previous years, one can actually find out their acceptances prior to being called or contacted by the school if they look at the AMCAS Tool. This is because some schools notify AMCAS prior to notifying the applicants.

I am unsure about this case because, if the above were true for this school, I would assume more applicants would have the option.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
where do we find the choose your medical school tool? i was accepted to feinberg in early jan and another school in october and dont see it anywhere?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yet another waitlist. I’m not sure if they’re slow this cycle with acceptances or my app isn’t as good as I thought or all the T20 MCAT medians jumped 3 points.

Or maybe I’m a crap interviewer...I’m leaning towards this because if I can recall even one imperfection in my interview I end up getting R or WL
 
Ok. Now I'm feeling better. Congrats to the people who got accepted! I really like Feinberg, but I doubt I'll be able to wait around to get off the alternate list. It is a great school and I'm sure you guys will do very well there. I'm fortunate enough to have gotten some acceptances from elsewhere. Cheers!
 
Yet another waitlist. I’m not sure if they’re slow this cycle with acceptances or my app isn’t as good as I thought or all the T20 MCAT medians jumped 3 points.

Or maybe I’m a crap interviewer...I’m leaning towards this because if I can recall even one imperfection in my interview I end up getting R or WL
+1
 
For the record, I did not send a letter of interest and never had any of the tabs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@fletcher2 MSAR says 10, though I am not sure how true this is. I believe this is from the cycle prior to the new traffic rules. Best indication might be from last year’s thread. I find it hard to believe they accept 70% from their interviews.