You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Northwestern
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Accepted! I loved Feinberg on my interview day, so super excited about this one.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tinytrain1
Full Member
Waitlisted as well.
I heard that Feinberg accepts 70%, but that seems questionable given that not THAT many people have been accepted so far on this thread and Feinberg's reported matriculation rate (18%) seems pretty average. Thoughts?
I heard that Feinberg accepts 70%, but that seems questionable given that not THAT many people have been accepted so far on this thread and Feinberg's reported matriculation rate (18%) seems pretty average. Thoughts?
+1Is anyone else's portal not working right now? The page isn't loading for me
diasterdream
Full Member
Got accepted!!
premed8080
Full Member
Accepted!! Interviewed late Jan
perfectprism
Full Member
lol wait did anyone else not hear anything today?
Any MSTP interviewees hear back recently?
+1 Haven’t received anything either... what does it mean??lol wait did anyone else not hear anything today?
A! interviewed early November
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
alwayssleeping023
Full Member
A!!! So excited to come back home 🙂))) I want to accept my spot but is the portal down for anyone else?
Did folks get an email notification or is the decision only in the portal?
perfectprism
Full Member
+1 Haven’t received anything either... what does it mean??
we just have to keep waiting I suppose
I only received an emailCongrats to today’s new Acceptances.
Did you receive a call or email first, or both?
Got hit with that post interview R, which means I must have really blown it because it seems like everyone else was WL or A, pretty disappointed because this was a school I was really excited about. Goodluck to everyone and congrats to those WL and accepted! Things don’t work out the way you want to so be grateful for what you’re given
WL
Grape_Vine
New Member
Accepted - very relieved after the AMCAS portal episode!
Accepted. The ghost page conspiracy theories were a bunch of cr*p. I am pretty sure they have some separate program/interview process that drags their post-acceptance rate up. Everybody interviewing at Feinberg has the stats to get into any medical school in the country... with uncertainty surrounding the new traffic rules I am sure there will be some waitlist movement. Good luck to all. Peace and love. Also, their application portal is down.
D
deleted688779
I think it may be their BS/MD program. I think those applicants are counted twice or something like that (just like with Brown, their actual acceptance is like half of what is reported on the spreadsheet)Accepted. The ghost page conspiracy theories were a bunch of cr*p. I am pretty sure they have some separate program/interview process that drags their post-acceptance rate up. Everybody interviewing at Feinberg has the stats to get into any medical school in the country... with uncertainty surrounding the new traffic rules I am sure there will be some waitlist movement. Good luck to all. Peace and love. Also, their application portal is down.
diasterdream
Full Member
So has anyone gotten the portal to work?
kisai12
New Member
Any MSTP interviewees hear back recently?
My friend got the call last Friday
dope a mean
Full Member
Is anyone still having difficulty accepting the waitlist on the portal? Everything loads but when I submit it I get an error
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted668917
Automatically consideredDo we need to apply for merit scholarships at Feinberg or are we automatically considered?
M3 here. Ask me anything in DM!
Seems from your post history that Northwestern may be a cutthroat environment (as opposed to collaborative), particularly during clinical years. Can you speak on that? Any changes since then?
Also seems that you picked Northwestern over Vandy - what played into your decision?
Seems from your post history that Northwestern may be a cutthroat environment (as opposed to collaborative), particularly during clinical years. Can you speak on that? Any changes since then?
Also seems that you picked Northwestern over Vandy - what played into your decision?
Not sure which of my previous post made you think NU is a cutthroat environment, but my experience has been always collaborative. M1/2 year is P/F as you know so there's no point of being cutthroat. There are classmates making study guides, anki card decks, etc. Upper classmen also help out with these as well. M3 year is graded but even then, 35-60% people end up honoring a given clerkship, and you're not graded against each other, so there's no point of being a competitive gunner. Most of my classmates I worked with as co students on rotations were very pleasant to work with. I haven't had a gunner co student but residents/attendings are good at recognizing them as well. They were medical students at one point after all.
NU over Vandy bc of city environment, better financial aid package, no need for car
Not sure which of my previous post made you think NU is a cutthroat environment, but my experience has been always collaborative. M1/2 year is P/F as you know so there's no point of being cutthroat. There are classmates making study guides, anki card decks, etc. Upper classmen also help out with these as well. M3 year is graded but even then, 35-60% people end up honoring a given clerkship, and you're not graded against each other, so there's no point of being a competitive gunner. Most of my classmates I worked with as co students on rotations were very pleasant to work with. I haven't had a gunner co student but residents/attendings are good at recognizing them as well. They were medical students at one point after all.
NU over Vandy bc of city environment, better financial aid package, no need for car
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was alluding to a post “Northwestern Feinberg Environment”, which confused me a bit, but I suppose it’s a bit old.
One more q, how do you and students in general feel about grading during clinical years? How much do shelves/evals/luck weigh on one’s ability to receive honors/high pass? With step going P/F (and tbh I haven’t thought too much about this), I guess clinical grades would gain even more importance. But how arbitrary are they, if at all?
Each student has a very fair chance at honoring in clinical totally independent of other students. As a student, you’ll have a pretty good idea how you are doing in a clinical, which would impact whether you ask for an LoR if you were outstanding.Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was alluding to a post “Northwestern Feinberg Environment”, which confused me a bit, but I suppose it’s a bit old.
One more q, how do you and students in general feel about grading during clinical years? How much do shelves/evals/luck weigh on one’s ability to receive honors/high pass? With step going P/F (and tbh I haven’t thought too much about this), I guess clinical grades would gain even more importance. But how arbitrary are they, if at all?
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
wait are you a med student at northwestern?Each student has a very fair chance at honoring in clinical totally independent of other students. As a student, you’ll have a pretty good idea how you are doing in a clinical, which would impact whether you ask for an LoR if you were outstanding.
wait are you a med student at northwestern?
i think they might be.🤣
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was alluding to a post “Northwestern Feinberg Environment”, which confused me a bit, but I suppose it’s a bit old.
One more q, how do you and students in general feel about grading during clinical years? How much do shelves/evals/luck weigh on one’s ability to receive honors/high pass? With step going P/F (and tbh I haven’t thought too much about this), I guess clinical grades would gain even more importance. But how arbitrary are they, if at all?
Grading in 3rd year is universally controversial in all medical schools. Just look at reddit medical school posts and you will see that most of the posts are complaining about 3rd year grading. They try to balance subjective (clinical eval) and objective (OSCE and shelf) components of the grades. Most clerkship are designed to compensate deficits in one area with others.
All I would say is that if you are a sociable and responsible person who is a team player and a good test taker, you won't have trouble with me grades.
D
deleted688779
Is that another word for kissing ass? Faking a smile? Honest question, no bad intended.All I would say is that if you are a sociable
No that means being nice to others, making small talks to talk about how their weekends were, reading the room about when to chitchat and ask questions vs when to stay quiet, being helpful. If you have a rbf, it might be helpful to fake smileIs that another word for kissing ass? Faking a smile? Honest question, no bad intended.
I'v asked doctors who teach clinicals to Feinberg students and "grade" them.wait are you a med student at northwestern?
Wait, did you go on the interview with your daughter? Or you just have friends who are faculty there?I'v asked doctors who teach clinicals to Feinberg students and "grade" them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received Caesar info yet?
Accepted!!
Many doctor friends there.Wait, did you go on the interview with your daughter? Or you just have friends who are faculty there?
Accepted!!
Did decisions just come out? Congrats btw!
Hanaguesswhat
New Member
Best of luck to everyone checking this board waiting to hear back. Know its a stressful place to be, but you guys are going to kill it.
Yeet
Yeet
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 435K