Oct 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Heads up, I cancelled my interview for 12/11! Hopefully it's open for another person to interview/interview earlier. Good luck everyone!!
I just got moved up the interview date from 01/16 to 12/11 I think I just got the slot :) much love

Oct 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Interviewed on 9/6, silence still. I called them earlier and said my app was still under review and I should "expect an answer soon"... Anyone else in the same boat? I'm assuming the worst :dead:

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
lol just got a "application complete and is now under review email." I submitted in august... :claps:

Reactions: Nynaevei
Oct 25, 2018
Anyone know what dates they are giving interviews for now?

Captrex_501stlegion

2+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all, I was wondering if i could get some guidance. I am a Canadian applicant and my application was completed in mid August, however my application has yet to be reviewed. Seeing how acceptances have already come out, should I prepare myself for some bad news? My apologies, but the difference between the Canadian and US systems have me a little confused. In Ontario, the province I live in, everyone interviews before final acceptances and rejections are handed out to everyone on the same day.

Jeremy Bearimy

Human form of the 100 emoji
Bronze Donor
May 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I didn't ask about this on interview day, so if anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear! Do we know if people on the Acceptance Range WL are reconsidered along the way (i.e. if anyone comes off WL in the Fall/Winter) or if it's pretty unlikely for WL people to start being taken off before the spring?

May 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I didn't ask about this on interview day, so if anyone has any insights, I'd love to hear! Do we know if people on the Acceptance Range WL are reconsidered along the way (i.e. if anyone comes off WL in the Fall/Winter) or if it's pretty unlikely for WL people to start being taken off before the spring?
Looking at last year's thread, it looks like people got off the waitlist starting mid January and still continued sporadically until mid to late June when most of the waitlist movement happened. I also got waitlisted last week, and talked to my student host about it, and he said 2 of the top students in his year got off the waitlist, and did say he knows quite a bit of current students (all years) who have gotten off the waitlist :)

Dec 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all, I was wondering if i could get some guidance. I am a Canadian applicant and my application was completed in mid August, however my application has yet to be reviewed. Seeing how acceptances have already come out, should I prepare myself for some bad news? My apologies, but the difference between the Canadian and US systems have me a little confused. In Ontario, the province I live in, everyone interviews before final acceptances and rejections are handed out to everyone on the same day.
Hi. Also Canadian.

The US schools use a rolling basis of admissions, meaning that they interview and accept throughout the whole cycle. Applications that aren't rejected are continuously looked at, so if you haven't been rejected you are still in the running for the remaining spots.

They do this due to the high volume of applications compared to Canadian schools. It also means that the earlier your applications get in, the more spots are available. I am not sure about Tulane, but I think I read somewhere that some schools hold back the internationals until later in the cycle.

Captrex_501stlegion

2+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi. Also Canadian.

The US schools use a rolling basis of admissions, meaning that they interview and accept throughout the whole cycle. Applications that aren't rejected are continuously looked at, so if you haven't been rejected you are still in the running for the remaining spots.

They do this due to the high volume of applications compared to Canadian schools. It also means that the earlier your applications get in, the more spots are available. I am not sure about Tulane, but I think I read somewhere that some schools hold back the internationals until later in the cycle.
Thanks for the reply!

Jan 8, 2018
Am I the only one complete in August who's STILL not under review yet?
Edit: Should I leave it or should I call to see if they lost my app or something?

BeingForItself

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
II yesterday! Really was not expecting it considering how early they start their application process. OOS, complete 8/22, under review 9/6. Earliest date available for II was 2/6/2020.
I got an II yesterday too and scheduled my interview today! Earliest available dates were in mid-March. I was put on "hold for possible interview" a few weeks ago so I'm very happy to have this!

Jan 8, 2018
Oct 25, 2018
Been under review since late September. Hope they’re still giving out interviews.

It’s actually sad how some people marked complete in early or mid-August still haven’t gotten their application even looked it. It’s like you never stood a chance. And this is early or mid-August. It’s not like people were complete late like after Labor Day.

Nov 15, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I got an II yesterday too and scheduled my interview today! Earliest available dates were in mid-March. I was put on "hold for possible interview" a few weeks ago so I'm very happy to have this!
Did you update them? I just sent an update but they’re my alma matter and I’m feeling a little hurt I got put on hold not gonna lie LOL

Oct 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
has anyone who has been under review since early august still not heard back? i'm surprised i haven't been put on hold at least yet

May 10, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Is anyone who has already interviewed willing to comment on what interview day was like?

Jeremy Bearimy

Human form of the 100 emoji
Bronze Donor
May 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is anyone who has already interviewed willing to comment on what interview day was like?
It was my first interview so I was definitely nervous, but I found it to be really pleasant day. The students and faculty were incredibly nice and welcoming, stellar New Orleans food, and my interview was super relaxed and conversational. The only mildly hectic part was that there are a few buildings that the interviews can take place in, so you have to kind of navigate your way around 3 blocks of the city (and at the time in Sept, it was sweltering). Overall, really nice day and I was super excited about the school.