2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mood. I was complete on 8/23 and I’m still not under review. :(

Idk if they're tracking my SDN activity, but I just got a complete and under review email :')

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Submitted 10/1. Still under "In-Progress" no e-mail yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone who has already interviewed willing to comment on what interview day was like?

Is anyone who has already interviewed willing to comment on what interview day was like?
It was my first interview so I was definitely nervous, but I found it to be really pleasant day. The students and faculty were incredibly nice and welcoming, stellar New Orleans food, and my interview was super relaxed and conversational. The only mildly hectic part was that there are a few buildings that the interviews can take place in, so you have to kind of navigate your way around 3 blocks of the city (and at the time in Sept, it was sweltering). Overall, really nice day and I was super excited about the school.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Received a hold a few moments ago. Under review 8/28.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a "hold for interview" email. Was under review 8/9
Received a hold a few moments ago. Under review 8/28.

+1 IM FREE

also I love the “

Remember, "no news is good news" as this means your application is still being actively considered for an interview”

because waiting until April to be rejected is ideal

Last edited:
Interviewed here 10/21! Anyone know how long the turnaround rate is for post-II decisions?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else complete early august who hasn't heard back yet?

if it weren't for the under review email i received from this school in august, i'd be questioning whether i actually applied here. still no word in my email or portal. :(

All 12,000 of us hahaha have there been any rejections yet?
I meant everyone on here at the moment most likely haha. Just kidding around. I figured this was how it would turn out since they’re scheduled out to February...2023

My friend was rejected from here, so waitlist-ers should keep their hopes up!!

All 12,000 of us hahaha have there been any rejections yet?
There have been rejections! Not sure how good the odds are of getting off hold but I don’t think it’s a soft R because they’ve been giving hard R’s

Lol finally got the email that my application is under review. Complete 08/26
Can't wait to find out i'm on hold in 2-3 months ;)

Reactions: 2 users
I went through last year's thread. There were some people who got IIs after being placed on hold. There is hope.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Completed on 8/24
Under review on 8/30
Hold on 10/24

if it weren't for the under review email i received from this school in august, i'd be questioning whether i actually applied here. still no word in my email or portal. :(
I'm still waiting for my under review email...I applied in mid August...

As an update, I called the admissions office and was added to the list of students who would like to move their interview date. They got back with me today and I have moved my date. For those that do not have interviews, there are definitely still spots free. One of my coworkers got their interview yesterday and signed up for early January. Sorry I can't offer more.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
So after being put on a Pre II hold I’ve been debating on sending an update with my new job as an MA... I’ll have about 3 months and 400 clinical hours in mid November, should I send an update then or wait till December? Would an MA job even be considered a significant update?

Does Tulane waitlist most of their students and then pull off the waitlist later? I know a few schools like Albany do that so just wanted to get an idea of how long the waiting game is :(

So is it possible to get off the pre-interview hold??
I got off the pre-interview hold last week! When I scheduled my interview, the only available spots were in March. I have a feeling that I only came off the hold at this point in the cycle because other people with II's at Tulane cancelled/withdrew after getting into other schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just checking in - how many under review from mid august (or earlier) that still haven't heard anything?

Reactions: 7 users
I got off the pre-interview hold last week! When I scheduled my interview, the only available spots were in March. I have a feeling that I only came off the hold at this point in the cycle because other people with II's at Tulane cancelled/withdrew after getting into other schools.
When did they start the review of your app and gave you the on hold decision? If you don’t mind me asking! Thanks

Just checking in - how many under review from mid august (or earlier) that still haven't heard anything?
+1 i honestly don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing lol

Congrats! Fellow 9/20'er here.