2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete in mid-August and just got an email today saying I am under review as of today.
+1 (complete 8/31 though). Given that they send out most IIs very early, is there still any hope for us?

Members don't see this ad.

+1 (complete 8/31 though). Given that they send out most IIs very early, is there still any hope for us?

eh, its hard to say. In general this school gets a ton of applications so dont depend on it

Reactions: 1 user
eh, its hard to say. In general this school gets a ton of applications so dont depend on it
Schools aren’t going to fill up their class with only the people who applied in July. Just be patient and don’t over-think things

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 9/4, under review today. Insert “So you’re saying there’s a chance” meme here

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone have an idea of when 10/4 people may begin to hear decisions? Not sure how backed up they are at this point..

R today. Under review in early September.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance Email. Interviewed 9/17. They sure took their sweet time lol

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Complete 8/13. Under review 11/5 x)

• Haha
Complete 8/13. Under review 11/6...

giphy.gif

Reactions: 7 users
anyone else under review in July who hasn't heard back yet?

Reactions: 1 users
When everyone says under review is that indicated in the portal as "In Progress"?

Been on hold since 10/4. Has anyone in the on hold gang gotten an II?

I believe someone here who got the “on hold” update was given an II. Think it might be on this page or the page before. On hold in September and still holding on!

EDIT: Found it! Page 33
I got an II yesterday too and scheduled my interview today! Earliest available dates were in mid-March. I was put on "hold for possible interview" a few weeks ago so I'm very happy to have this!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I believe someone here who got the “on hold” update was given an II. Think it might be on this page or the page before. On hold in September and still holding on!

EDIT: Found it! Page 33

I wonder if they sent an update after being put on hold?

Pre II R just now. Submitted 7/31, Under review 8/30. Best of luck to everyone else!

• Sad
I still have a red X next to "In Progress" on my portal. Does anyone know if this means it is under review? Or am I rejected? LOL

I'm FINALLY under review. Does anyone know if they even have interview dates open?

Pre-II. I was complete 8/16 and put under review 9/3. Thanks! Fingers crossed for my other interviews :).

II today! Complete July 22, and on pre-II hold since September 19. I guess some people cancelled interviews :) Also I sent an update letter last week so that might have helped. They had a couple dates in March

Reactions: 18 users
R today; pre-II, just sent an update too hahaha.

• Sad
If I submitted my Tulane secondary late September and under review in late October how long would it take to hear back? Should I expect to not get any II until Feb/March time?

Complete 9/12 under review today

Is sending an update letter that is more like a letter of interest a good thing to do after getting a hold? I have no significant updates other than an upcoming shadowing experience but I don’t want to wait too long since I’m on hold. I want to remind them that I’m very interested

Is sending an update letter that is more like a letter of interest a good thing to do after getting a hold? I have no significant updates other than an upcoming shadowing experience but I don’t want to wait too long since I’m on hold. I want to remind them that I’m very interested
Tricky. Part of me wants to say yes, but another part of me thinks it comes off as desperate since you have no updates. Get the shadowing hours in then maybe. Unless, you can write a pretty compelling letter about New Orleans, Tulane etc.