2019-2020 Tulane

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone called the admissions office recently to inquire about waitlist movement? Wondering whether a quick call might be worth it
I literally JUST called. they forwarded me to the dean's voicemail. I did not leave a voicemail. Someone else try! I'll maybe try again tomorrow....

@Bumblebee4Me def try calling, the woman who answered was super nice. Maybe the dean will be able to answer when you call!
 
I literally JUST called. they forwarded me to the dean's voicemail. I did not leave a voicemail. Someone else try! I'll maybe try again tomorrow....

@Bumblebee4Me def try calling, the woman who answered was super nice. Maybe the dean will be able to answer when you call!
Ohh that's good to know! I'll definitely try calling tomorrow morning then! Did you give your name/AAMC ID to the woman who answered or did you call anonymously?
 
Ohh that's good to know! I'll definitely try calling tomorrow morning then! Did you give your name/AAMC ID to the woman who answered or did you call anonymously?
I called anonymously! She didn't ask for any of that either, I just told her I had a question about WL movement and was wondering if she would be able to answer and she said she would transfer me to the Dean's line. I didn't feel comfortable leaving him a message asking about it and leaving my name and AMCAS ID, but that's because I was worried it would look bad to be asking about that. But maybe it doesn't... thoughts?
 
I called anonymously! She didn't ask for any of that either, I just told her I had a question about WL movement and was wondering if she would be able to answer and she said she would transfer me to the Dean's line. I didn't feel comfortable leaving him a message asking about it and leaving my name and AMCAS ID, but that's because I was worried it would look bad to be asking about that. But maybe it doesn't... thoughts?

That's one way of not answering the WL question 😵 .
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those still on the waitlist: If Tulane is your top choice, I encourage you to reach out to folks in the admissions office after the cycle is over. Tell them that Tulane is your top choice and ask for feedback on your application. They may encourage you to apply Early Decision next cycle. If they do, do it! Tulane loves folks who show a commitment to their school. I was in many of your shoes, but a year ago. It’s painful, I know.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN
 
I was just accepted off the waitlist today!! First acceptance too, had 3 waitlists! OOS, interviewed December, waitlisted in January. Sent in two update letters, one in February and one in April. I've been checking this page every day for months and wanted to let you guys know. Hang in there guys, it's so hard but I believe in you all and best of luck!!
 
Hey y'all! I was scrolling through this thread and I saw that there was a list for housing options in the Facebook group, I was wondering if someone could post it here or pm? I'm going to be a master student at Tulane for molecular medicine not a medical student so I didn't want to join the facebook group when I'm not a medical student there (hopefully soon tho).
 
Got the "Important Message from Tulane University School of Medicine" email just now. Feeling disspointed 🙁
Same, can't tell if it's an official R or not?? I feel like Anne from Parks and Rec when Chris dumps her and she doesn't realize it.

Edited to add: LOL wow I missed the typo "dissppointment" the first four times I read it.
 
Last edited:
I imagine this means if everyone they’ve sent As to CTEs, then there is no waitlist movement, but if some recent As turn them down, then there may be waitlist movement for a handful of spots.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad