2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did you send updates? Just by emailing the main admissions email and uploading it to the Secondary portal right?

Yes! I uploaded a formal LOI and sent smaller updates directly to Dr. Morris and Mike Woodson via email

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So anyone have some news on potential waitlist movement? lol
The groupme has 116 members and the facebook has 285. At least half of the facebook group is current students/administrators, but I also assume not everyone has joined the groupme. Based on these numbers I would speculate that the class isn't completely full, so don't give up hope!

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone called the admissions office recently to inquire about waitlist movement? Wondering whether a quick call might be worth it

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone called the admissions office recently to inquire about waitlist movement? Wondering whether a quick call might be worth it
I literally JUST called. they forwarded me to the dean's voicemail. I did not leave a voicemail. Someone else try! I'll maybe try again tomorrow....

@Bumblebee4Me def try calling, the woman who answered was super nice. Maybe the dean will be able to answer when you call!

Reactions: 1 user
I literally JUST called. they forwarded me to the dean's voicemail. I did not leave a voicemail. Someone else try! I'll maybe try again tomorrow....

@Bumblebee4Me def try calling, the woman who answered was super nice. Maybe the dean will be able to answer when you call!
Ohh that's good to know! I'll definitely try calling tomorrow morning then! Did you give your name/AAMC ID to the woman who answered or did you call anonymously?

Ohh that's good to know! I'll definitely try calling tomorrow morning then! Did you give your name/AAMC ID to the woman who answered or did you call anonymously?
I called anonymously! She didn't ask for any of that either, I just told her I had a question about WL movement and was wondering if she would be able to answer and she said she would transfer me to the Dean's line. I didn't feel comfortable leaving him a message asking about it and leaving my name and AMCAS ID, but that's because I was worried it would look bad to be asking about that. But maybe it doesn't... thoughts?

I called anonymously! She didn't ask for any of that either, I just told her I had a question about WL movement and was wondering if she would be able to answer and she said she would transfer me to the Dean's line. I didn't feel comfortable leaving him a message asking about it and leaving my name and AMCAS ID, but that's because I was worried it would look bad to be asking about that. But maybe it doesn't... thoughts?

That's one way of not answering the WL question o_O .

Reactions: 1 users
I just got the call off the waitlist! I've never posted here before but I've been watching this forum like a hawk since being put on the waitlist back in March. There's still hope folks and I wish all of those still waiting the best of luck!!!

OOS, Interviewed January

Reactions: 6 users
Hello - just got off the waitlist today (4/27) via phone call so everyone hang in there!

Logistics-wise, I'm a reapplicant, interviewed January, and WL April. For updates I sent LOI, updated transcripts. Also, did a Master's at Tulane SOM, which I think helped a lot.

Reactions: 5 users
Hello - just got off the waitlist today (4/27) via phone call so everyone hang in there!

Logistics-wise, I'm a reapplicant, interviewed January, and WL April. For updates I sent LOI, updated transcripts. Also, did a Master's at Tulane SOM, which I think helped a lot.
Did you receive an email as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my acceptance. It pains me to do it because the faculty and students were so great, but I know the seat will go to someone deserving. Good luck to everyone on the wait list, I hope you all hear some good news soon!

Reactions: 6 users
Did you end up calling them and getting any info?

Do we expect any more waitlist movement?
I've been meaning to try calling again to find out about more movement, but I don't have cell service at home and I'm finding it hard to drive to a spot I have reception to make a call that will give me an answer I don't want to hear lol

Do we expect any more waitlist movement?
Based on the facebook group, it looks like more people are joining every day. That doesn't necessarily coordinate with direct waitlist movement, but I think its a good indicator

Reactions: 2 users
For those still on the waitlist: If Tulane is your top choice, I encourage you to reach out to folks in the admissions office after the cycle is over. Tell them that Tulane is your top choice and ask for feedback on your application. They may encourage you to apply Early Decision next cycle. If they do, do it! Tulane loves folks who show a commitment to their school. I was in many of your shoes, but a year ago. It’s painful, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 5 users
I was just accepted off the waitlist today!! First acceptance too, had 3 waitlists! OOS, interviewed December, waitlisted in January. Sent in two update letters, one in February and one in April. I've been checking this page every day for months and wanted to let you guys know. Hang in there guys, it's so hard but I believe in you all and best of luck!!

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Hey y'all! I was scrolling through this thread and I saw that there was a list for housing options in the Facebook group, I was wondering if someone could post it here or pm? I'm going to be a master student at Tulane for molecular medicine not a medical student so I didn't want to join the facebook group when I'm not a medical student there (hopefully soon tho).

Got the "Important Message from Tulane University School of Medicine" email just now. Feeling disspointed :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Got the "Important Message from Tulane University School of Medicine" email just now. Feeling disspointed :(
Same, can't tell if it's an official R or not?? I feel like Anne from Parks and Rec when Chris dumps her and she doesn't realize it.

Edited to add: LOL wow I missed the typo "dissppointment" the first four times I read it.

Last edited:
I imagine this means if everyone they’ve sent As to CTEs, then there is no waitlist movement, but if some recent As turn them down, then there may be waitlist movement for a handful of spots.

Can anyone from previous years speak to the finaid offered here?