You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Idk..my gut tells me March 15thActually. I believe today will be the day
Actually. I believe today will be the day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
sounds like you have some information 🤔Actually. I believe today will be the day
No, out on the opposite side of the countrySeriously? Is that for NYC or elsewhere?
Username checks outNo, out on the opposite side of the country
What time are decisions usually released? I was looking back at last year’s thread, but that’s one piece of information that I was not able to ascertain. Anyone know?
What time are decisions usually released? I was looking back at last year’s thread, but that’s one piece of information that I was not able to ascertain. Anyone know?
I think it was around 3 pm
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
FlannelMD1
Full Member
Based on the response every time someone calls, it really sounds like decisions are going to be released this weekend.
Based on the response every time someone calls, it really sounds like decisions are going to be released this weekend.
Bored at work and dug up this list of previous Cornell decision dates, hoping to keep the SDN wisdom alive and may the odds be ever in your favor
*adding* 2019: Friday March 8
2018: Thursday March 8
2017: Thursday March 9
2016: Wednesday February 24
2015: Thursday March 12
2014: Thursday March 13
2013: Monday March 11
2012: Thursday March 15
2011: Tuesday March 8
2010: Wednesday March 3
2009: Friday February 27
2008: Friday March 7
Based on this, there's no precedent for it being on the weekend. It'll probably be Thurs or Friday, if it follows the general trend. But there is precedent for it being March 10-15, so this isn't exactly new. There wasn't (or isn't) really a reason to be calling every day lol
jfijiefjieji
Full Member
This is going to be hilarious for the people who look back next year
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
D
deleted996731
How so? It’s definitely going to be tmmrw. I bet my left nut on it.This is going to be hilarious for the people who look back next year
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
D
deleted1039163
All this waiting and suspense is stressing me out and giving me coronavirus-like symptoms. I am actually serious.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How so? It’s definitely going to be tmmrw. I bet my left nut on it.
Believe me I definitely want to think you’re right haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
How so? It’s definitely going to be tmmrw. I bet my left nut on it.
Feeling rather risky today, aren't we, Mr. Throwaway2020MD?
Very well, then!
We await the result of your gamble...
Feeling rather risky today, aren't we, Mr. Throwaway2020MD?
Very well, then!
View attachment 298141
We await the result of your gamble...
For whatever reason, this made me think of attaching @throwaway2020MD’s left nut to a female anglerfish and see what happens.
In all likelihood, it’ll be rejected by the anglerfish’s immune system, but I hope Weill-Cornell doesn’t treat us that way, too.
Fingers crossed for a destiny better than throwaway’s left nut.
For whatever reason, this made me think of attaching @throwaway2020MD’s left nut to a female anglerfish and see what happens.
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
Alright folks, @jjame is fully off the deep end.For whatever reason, this made me think of attaching @throwaway2020MD’s left nut to a female anglerfish and see what happens.
In all likelihood, it’ll be rejected by the anglerfish’s immune system, but I hope Weill-Cornell doesn’t treat us that way, too.
Fingers crossed for a destiny better than throwaway’s left nut.
Look what you’ve done to us Weill? Does it please you to watch us suffer?
LMAO.Feeling rather risky today, aren't we, Mr. Throwaway2020MD?
Very well, then!
View attachment 298141
We await the result of your gamble...
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
So I looked up what an anglerfish was and uhhh....For whatever reason, this made me think of attaching @throwaway2020MD’s left nut to a female anglerfish and see what happens.
In all likelihood, it’ll be rejected by the anglerfish’s immune system, but I hope Weill-Cornell doesn’t treat us that way, too.
Fingers crossed for a destiny better than throwaway’s left nut.
My guy....is everything okay? This is a safe space. We love you.
@medschoolthrowaway2020 LMAO @ButImNotARapper HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah don't worry xD My brain goes to interesting places, and because this is an anonymous online platform, I have no filter (as long as no one is hurt in any way!). T-4 days I guess. Yeesh. But thanks for your concern 😀
D
deleted996731
Have you never watched Nemo tf?!?? How did you not know what an anglerfish was?So I looked up what an anglerfish was and uhhh....
View attachment 298151
My guy....is everything okay? This is a safe space. We love you.
D
deleted996731
Today I went to a fortune teller in Morrocco and he told me my left nut was safe. As I left the shop he said that he makes no promises about the other. Definitely won’t be today bois
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
Look man....it's been a minuteHave you never watched Nemo tf?!?? How did you not know what an anglerfish was?
So are we thinking it won’t be today? Second look will probably be canceled anyways.
So are we thinking it won’t be today? Second look will probably be canceled anyways.
We were told that second look has already been cancelled because of COVID-19, but the admissions office is preparing an “alternative ‘virtual’ program” in its place.
So you’re telling me decisions are today thenWe were told that second look has already been cancelled because of COVID-19, but the admissions office is preparing an “alternative ‘virtual’ program” in its place.
D
deleted996731
Honestly though...the lack of a response makes me wonderSo you’re telling me decisions are today then
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
Lmao nothing in that exchange suggested we would hear back today.Honestly though...the lack of a response makes me wonder
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
<iframe src="To You Your Opinion GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>Lmao nothing in that exchange suggested we would hear back today.
D
deleted996731
Lmao nothing in that exchange suggested we would hear back today.
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
This thread is psychotic and I love it
So you’re telling me decisions are today then
Marathon a few TV shows and decisions will be out in no time
How long of a marathon are we talking about? We talking a one hour marathon or...? 🤔Marathon a few TV shows and decisions will be out in no time
Last edited:
Intestinal Juice
Full Member
so not today :,(Marathon a few TV shows and decisions will be out in no time
Well it’s not 3pm yet, so today is still possible. Can we talk about housing?
D
deleted996731
No we can’t. This thread is officially limited to just memes about releasing decisions till further noticeWell it’s not 3pm yet, so today is still possible. Can we talk about housing?
blockrudder1
Full Member
2024 will be an interesting class for sure
I don’t want to burst your very elaborate bubble, but CYMS won’t show up until after.I do have one idea. For people (like me) who haven’t been accepted to any other school, check your AMCAS to see if the choose your medical school tool popped up? It would be interesting if it pops up before decisions are emailed to us, and it is the case that the acceptance was for Weill and not another school the applicant was waiting for. Weill is the only school that could possibly accept me now, and currently, I have no CYMS toolbar.
Remember this is just a thing I’m proposing—it could very well be the fact that the CYMS tool bar won’t show up until after acceptances are emailed. I just want to feed my neuroticism since there’s only a few days left to torture myself have fun with all this.
TO CLARIFY:
My test would work under the following conditions:
>someone, like me, has Weill as their last option and no other schools that have already accepted them or may possibly accept them
>they check amcas
>unlike me, the CYMS tool shows up
>later, they receive an email saying Weill accepted them
>we know in retrospect that the condition of the CYMS tool being present or not present indicated acceptance status for those who only had Weill as an option
Again, nothing shows up for me. I *think* I saw the opposite of my theory in a previous year's thread, where the CYMS tool didn't show up until after acceptances were emailed to everyone. Regardless, I thought it may have been interesting to see and have unnecessary excitement and anxiety about.
D
deleted1012581
Honestly, I’m just excited by the prospect of having any of y’all wild folks as potential classmates. NYC isn’t ready
I don’t want to burst your very elaborate bubble, but CYMS won’t show up until after.
LOLOL I deleted the post cause someone private-messaged me to let me know about that xD Thanks anyway!
D
deleted996731
I swear!!! All you guys are hilarious and we need to have an official SDN meetup in nyc. I would catch coronavirus for any one of you bbsHonestly, I’m just excited by the prospect of having any of y’all wild folks as potential classmates. NYC isn’t ready
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not necessarily. People on reddit have confirmed acceptances were on cyms before they got the email/call. I think it just depends on the school for how they do thingsI don’t want to burst your very elaborate bubble, but CYMS won’t show up until after.
D
deleted996731
refer to my post about the fortune teller in morocco@throwaway2020MD it’s 3 PM. You said it’d definitely be today 🤔
D
deleted996731
*Me standing outside Cornell’s admissions office* patiently waiting
Well I'm going to pack it up for today y'all. See y'all tomorrow for another riveting episode of the "Cornell Wait".
refer to my post about the fortune teller in morocco
A deal is a deal, throwaway2020MD
Pay up
Also, I know that my mom is reading this thread. Hi mom!