You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Weill Cornell
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
Just finished my morning coffee, ready to refresh my email every 15 minutes for the whole day for the 10th day in a row
Attachments
I have never related to something so muchJust finished my morning coffee, ready to refresh my email every 15 minutes for the whole day for the 10th day in a row
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1012581
So help me, GAWD, if decisions don’t come out today and I have to spend my weekend checking my email....
Cornell I swear If it’s not today...
Cornell I swear If it’s not today...
I mentally threaten them everyday and nothing happens woops.
Hey Yall! I dont want to get anyone's hopes up or down, but given the recent university closures due to the COVID pandemic, it is very possible that the admissions office is closed today or that sending acceptances may not be a priority.
Hey Yall! I dont want to get anyone's hopes up or down, but given the recent university closures due to the COVID pandemic, it is very possible that the admissions office is closed today or that sending acceptances may not be a priority.
No one told them to wait until a pandemic was upon us to release decisions. Every other school in the country already released decisions. "We'll know by March 15th" Part of professional is holding them to their word. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not like they need to meet in person to make decisions either.
They ain’t even calling us. Just hit the send button
PickMeUpImScared
Full Member
Or just give us a better answer than “you’ll know by March 15” when we call. A simple “things are uncertain right now due to corona” would suffice
D
deleted1039163
I just called, and they picked up. And they are sticking to the by March 15th script.
I just called, and they picked up. And they are sticking to the by March 15th script.
That means the admissions office is open!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Has anyone checked the portal we used to submit our secondaries? Mine doesn't show anything new, but when I clicked the help button, it indicated that a school can have applicants accept or reject admissions offers (once offered) through the portal. So...in the circumstance that that button shows up before offers are sent (which seems low to me--the email is likely sent via the portal and thus is concurrent with when this button would appear)...maybe there will be some happy faces here?
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
I think Hopkins used the same system as Cornell this year and their acceptances didn’t show up on the portalHas anyone checked the portal we used to submit our secondaries? Mine doesn't show anything new, but when I clicked the help button, it indicated that a school can have applicants accept or reject admissions offers (once offered) through the portal. So...in the circumstance that that button shows up before offers are sent (which seems low to me--the email is likely sent via the portal and thus is concurrent with when this button would appear)...maybe there will be some happy faces here?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm fascinated to know what they could be discussing still. Like it seems obvious (applicants) but like what about them are they discussing you know. They've had a long long time.It’s 2pm on literally the last logical day for them to release decisions and nothing??! @cornell This ain’t it
D
deleted1012581
Oh there’s no way they’re still discussing anything. They’re just toying with us.I'm fascinated to know what they could be discussing still. Like it seems obvious (applicants) but like what about them are they discussing you know. They've had a long long time.
We’re about to get hit with that "This had been a 12 month sociological study conducted by Harvard University" and find out @cornell no longer exists.
How dare they toy with us. Have they not learned of our capabilities from the mayo fiasco?
Brothers and sisters, prepare your amazon carts with cans of CORN(ell).
We fire at midnight.
Brothers and sisters, prepare your amazon carts with cans of CORN(ell).
We fire at midnight.
D
deleted971841
Are y’all doing okay? I didn’t apply here but I’ve been checking in on behalf of two friends awaiting decisions... y’all been on a nosedive for the last week.
I’m praying for y’all.
I’m praying for y’all.PickMeUpImScared
Full Member
Are y’all doing okay? I didn’t apply here but I’ve been checking in on behalf of two friends awaiting decisions... y’all been on a nosedive for the last week.I’m praying for y’all.
OMG hi tinfoil......am I getting mixed up from Cornell induced delirium, or do I remember you from the reddit January 2019 MCAT chat?? Either way, welcome to hell, take a seat!
Weren't supposed to send out rejections first? if it is today...
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
OMG hi tinfoil......am I getting mixed up from Cornell induced delirium, or do I remember you from the reddit January 2019 MCAT chat?? Either way, welcome to hell, take a seat!
“welcome to hell” I AM SCREAMING hahaha
Thanks for the laughs during this insane process guys. You’ve made this wait a little more bearable
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
There is no way they’re finishing decisions on the weekend...they must already have it
jfijiefjieji
Full Member
This is crazy. Looks like they will actually release them on the weekend
PickMeUpImScared
Full Member
Where are all the current students that lurk on the thread lol in past threads they’ve chimed in about the decisions/timeline and stuff. Even they must not know what’s going on
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Throwaway33130
Full Member
I’m wondering if maybe key members of the adcom are putting out fires with the whole corona thing, and perhaps all of the decisions are ready but need to be approved by some important person before release? Also holding out hope for a Friday night email because why not at this point...
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
Lost our minds, but gained something even more important: friendship. 🙂This thread has slowly lost its sanity over the last two weeks
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
And then we learned, our friendship was all the only acceptance we ever really neededLost our minds, but gained something even more important: friendship. 🙂
ButImNotARapper
Full Member
And then we learned, our friendship was all the only acceptance we ever really needed
medschoolthrowaway2020
Full Member
PickMeUpImScared
Full Member
May not have decisions yet but at least we have memes
D
deleted971841
Oh hey boo! This is my universal username.OMG hi tinfoil......am I getting mixed up from Cornell induced delirium, or do I remember you from the reddit January 2019 MCAT chat?? Either way, welcome to hell, take a seat!
Ironically I’m checking here for two others from the chat who refuse to look here themselves.Idk, I still kinda want decisions...May not have decisions yet but at least we have memes
Holy crap! Congrats! By email?ACCEPTED!!!!
SleazySalesMed
ABC's - Always Be Closing
ACCEPTED!!!!
Finally, the thread can get back on track. Jesus. Congratulations on the first A
Yall I think we just got TROLLED
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yall I think we just got TROLLED
Wait what?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
my heart can’t take this anymore. Please Cornell, let me start my weekend worry free
beyondconfusedneedhelplps
Full Member
i love you