2019-2020 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok guys hear me out if they’re willing to release decisions on the weekend what’s to say they wouldn’t do it at night
Not completely unheard of. I got an acceptance email from another school at 9:14pm lmao

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished my morning coffee, ready to refresh my email every 15 minutes for the whole day for the 10th day in a row

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• B6978907-4D89-4701-AF32-2F0F351D7F2E.jpeg
    B6978907-4D89-4701-AF32-2F0F351D7F2E.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
So help me, GAWD, if decisions don’t come out today and I have to spend my weekend checking my email....
537750B7-C99E-44E5-B9F5-5B855B23D1FF.jpeg

• Haha
Me: *Emerges from the bomb shelter carrying a backpack of toilet paper and a super soaker full of hand sanitizer.*

Is today the day?

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Hey Yall! I dont want to get anyone's hopes up or down, but given the recent university closures due to the COVID pandemic, it is very possible that the admissions office is closed today or that sending acceptances may not be a priority.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Hey Yall! I dont want to get anyone's hopes up or down, but given the recent university closures due to the COVID pandemic, it is very possible that the admissions office is closed today or that sending acceptances may not be a priority.

No one told them to wait until a pandemic was upon us to release decisions. Every other school in the country already released decisions. "We'll know by March 15th" Part of professional is holding them to their word. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not like they need to meet in person to make decisions either.

Reactions: 14 users
They ain’t even calling us. Just hit the send button

Reactions: 9 users
Or just give us a better answer than “you’ll know by March 15” when we call. A simple “things are uncertain right now due to corona” would suffice

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called, and they picked up. And they are sticking to the by March 15th script.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone checked the portal we used to submit our secondaries? Mine doesn't show anything new, but when I clicked the help button, it indicated that a school can have applicants accept or reject admissions offers (once offered) through the portal. So...in the circumstance that that button shows up before offers are sent (which seems low to me--the email is likely sent via the portal and thus is concurrent with when this button would appear)...maybe there will be some happy faces here?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone checked the portal we used to submit our secondaries? Mine doesn't show anything new, but when I clicked the help button, it indicated that a school can have applicants accept or reject admissions offers (once offered) through the portal. So...in the circumstance that that button shows up before offers are sent (which seems low to me--the email is likely sent via the portal and thus is concurrent with when this button would appear)...maybe there will be some happy faces here?
I think Hopkins used the same system as Cornell this year and their acceptances didn’t show up on the portal

It’s 2pm on literally the last logical day for them to release decisions and nothing??! @cornell This ain’t it

Reactions: 4 users
It’s 2pm on literally the last logical day for them to release decisions and nothing??! @cornell This ain’t it
I'm fascinated to know what they could be discussing still. Like it seems obvious (applicants) but like what about them are they discussing you know. They've had a long long time.

34D5E023-0229-4F41-B635-B667DBF95E31.jpeg
Me at my desk at work with my venti cold brew, anxiously oscillating between SDN and email.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
I'm fascinated to know what they could be discussing still. Like it seems obvious (applicants) but like what about them are they discussing you know. They've had a long long time.
Oh there’s no way they’re still discussing anything. They’re just toying with us.
We’re about to get hit with that "This had been a 12 month sociological study conducted by Harvard University" and find out @cornell no longer exists.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
How dare they toy with us. Have they not learned of our capabilities from the mayo fiasco?

Brothers and sisters, prepare your amazon carts with cans of CORN(ell).

We fire at midnight.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Are y’all doing okay? I didn’t apply here but I’ve been checking in on behalf of two friends awaiting decisions... y’all been on a nosedive for the last week. :laugh: I’m praying for y’all.

• Haha
Are y’all doing okay? I didn’t apply here but I’ve been checking in on behalf of two friends awaiting decisions... y’all been on a nosedive for the last week. :laugh: I’m praying for y’all.

OMG hi tinfoil......am I getting mixed up from Cornell induced delirium, or do I remember you from the reddit January 2019 MCAT chat?? Either way, welcome to hell, take a seat!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
OMG hi tinfoil......am I getting mixed up from Cornell induced delirium, or do I remember you from the reddit January 2019 MCAT chat?? Either way, welcome to hell, take a seat!

“welcome to hell” I AM SCREAMING hahaha
Thanks for the laughs during this insane process guys. You’ve made this wait a little more bearable

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
This is crazy. Looks like they will actually release them on the weekend

Where are all the current students that lurk on the thread lol in past threads they’ve chimed in about the decisions/timeline and stuff. Even they must not know what’s going on

I’m wondering if maybe key members of the adcom are putting out fires with the whole corona thing, and perhaps all of the decisions are ready but need to be approved by some important person before release? Also holding out hope for a Friday night email because why not at this point...

Reactions: 1 users
There’s no way they’re releasing decisions on a weekend. Have they no dignity? Have they no shame?? COWARDS

This thread has slowly lost its sanity over the last two weeks

Reactions: 12 users
Oh hey boo! This is my universal username. :laugh: Ironically I’m checking here for two others from the chat who refuse to look here themselves.

• Haha
my heart can’t take this anymore. Please Cornell, let me start my weekend worry free

• Okay...
Reactions: 8 users