2019-2020 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just an update: when I emailed admissions they said they see the most movement in May and early June! So no worries that no one has heard anything yet!
I'm not getting hopes high
Admissions said they don't see a lot of movement until May and June. You still have some time before the peak movement period.

Reactions: 1 users
They put my transcripts on my checklist a while ago and with that came a big blue box underneath my checklist with instructions on how to update transcripts and stuff like that. However, last week that big blue box with instructions disappeared but my transcripts are still there. Can anyone tell me why this might be?

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick update- there has been little movement but it's slow so far. It should pick up some after may 15 deadline when students decide where to matriculate.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted to WVSOM a few months ago, and it's my top choice as of right now/only school I'm currently holding a seat at, but I am on the waitlist for another school closer to home I'd rather attend. I was wondering if DO schools had a solid deadline for when to choose a school to matriculate to? As in is there a certain date I would have to withdraw my acceptance at WVSOM? If I get into the school I'm waitlisted at, I'd withdraw my WVSOM acceptance immediately, but I wanted to know if there's a date when I'd be 'locked in' as a student.

I was accepted to WVSOM a few months ago, and it's my top choice as of right now/only school I'm currently holding a seat at, but I am on the waitlist for another school closer to home I'd rather attend. I was wondering if DO schools had a solid deadline for when to choose a school to matriculate to? As in is there a certain date I would have to withdraw my acceptance at WVSOM? If I get into the school I'm waitlisted at, I'd withdraw my WVSOM acceptance immediately, but I wanted to know if there's a date when I'd be 'locked in' as a student.
I’m pretty sure you can withdraw whenever but I don’t believe you would be refunded for your deposit

I believe it's May 15! This is the day which all DO students with more than 1 acceptance should withdraw all but 1 A. However, I believe you may remain the WL for additional schools. I could be wrong though. Source: AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, would opting for a pass/fail grading for my last semester courses look bad to adcoms? I am already accepted with prereqs completed.

PSA: those with multiple acceptances, if you could pretty please make up your minds asap and notify schools of declining your seat so waitlist movement could begin asap, would be much appreciated!! Please and thank you!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the class schedule is released?

The school will send out an email when its completed. However, gunners in the class usually find it early. I encourage you to talk with your classmates; I'm sure one of you already has it saved to their phone.

If anyone staying in touch with admissions plz update everyone else. Thnx.
I emailed admissions earlier this week asking if they have seen much movement. They said they have not seen much movement but are expecting some movement after 5/15. That's all I got! Stay positive.

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed admissions earlier this week asking if they have seen much movement. They said they have not seen much movement but are expecting some movement after 5/15. That's all I got! Stay positive.
Thank you for update. :)

Traffic day has finally come. Let's see what happens after today. Hopefully good stuff :)

I guess there is movement. Just found out from social media someone got in today from waitlist.

do you know when they interviewed?
No because it was shared on a story on insta by mcat tutoring company. They post their students who get accepted schools. I texted them to find out tho. And I interviewed on feb 14

I withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 3 users
For any presently accepted students, would you be able to check something for us waitlisted students?

Last year's SDN thread said that the current number of filled seats was eventually posted on "WVSOM portal--> Student Composites---> Class of 2023" for accepted students. I'm not sure when this becomes available, but def by June once class is more finalized. Max seats are ~214, so just wondering how many open seats they've got right now. Apparently this record is updated/changes daily and gives a good idea about upcoming movement. Someone used to post the updated number every week on last year's thread which was super helpful. FB group is not a good indicator at all.

If anyone can occassionally check this and let us know that would be SUPER appreciated!!!! Not sure if it's up yet. Thanks!!

For any presently accepted students, would you be able to check something for us waitlisted students?

Last year's SDN thread said that the current number of filled seats was eventually posted on "WVSOM portal--> Student Composites---> Class of 2023" for accepted students. I'm not sure when this becomes available, but def by June once class is more finalized. Max seats are ~214, so just wondering how many open seats they've got right now. Apparently this record is updated/changes daily and gives a good idea about upcoming movement. Someone used to post the updated number every week on last year's thread which was super helpful. FB group is not a good indicator at all.

If anyone can occassionally check this and let us know that would be SUPER appreciated!!!! Not sure if it's up yet. Thanks!!

I do not see they post it for the class of 2024. I will occasionally check it and let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Does anyone know why my portal updated with a "Faculty and staff" tab that has "CHERP user registration" underneath it? Does this mean anything?

Does anyone know why my portal updated with a "Faculty and staff" tab that has "CHERP user registration" underneath it? Does this mean anything?
Same here. I dont think it means anything tbh. They might be just updating and stuff

This advise obviously won't help much, but don't be discouraged just yet, homies. My friend didn't get off Rowan's wait-list until 2 days before their classes began; he had to find an apartment, pack his stuff, and prepare for classes in a single weekend. I'm fortunate enough to not have to worry about this so I cannot imagine the stress and anxiety you're all going through, but there is always a chance! Ofc prep for the same scenario just in case it happens to you.

This advise obviously won't help much, but don't be discouraged just yet, homies. My friend didn't get off Rowan's wait-list until 2 days before their classes began; he had to find an apartment, pack his stuff, and prepare for classes in a single weekend. I'm fortunate enough to not have to worry about this so I cannot imagine the stress and anxiety you're all going through, but there is always a chance! Ofc prep for the same scenario just in case it happens to you.
Thank you for courage words! Definitely have heard that happen at this school also. But it's just so stressful that every week that passes by, the chances are slim as hell

Has there been any movement on the AL? When does everyone expect we will hear something?

So, weird thing, but I assumed I was pre-II rejected from WVSOM after being ghosted for about a month lol but an adcom person just emailed me back today saying that they received my updated transcripts, which I emailed to them on 04/29.......does anyone know if their interview season is over? I'm so confused because it's about to be June. Like why are they accepting my updates this late in the cycle w/o an II unless their season is still going???? Any insight is appreciated!

So, weird thing, but I assumed I was pre-II rejected from WVSOM after being ghosted for about a month lol but an adcom person just emailed me back today saying that they received my updated transcripts, which I emailed to them on 04/29.......does anyone know if their interview season is over? I'm so confused because it's about to be June. Like why are they accepting my updates this late in the cycle w/o an II unless their season is still going???? Any insight is appreciated!

I think those updated emails are robot responses. Like it’s not an actual person who looked through your application. I’m pretty sure interview season is over unfortunately.