2019-2020 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted off waitlist as well! Fdizzle I really hope you get the call soon if you haven’t already :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those who were accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on WL today, interviewed 12/6

Phone II today after being complete in early August, experience review completed sometime in September IIRC. Pleasantly surprised, I thought I was done for. Anyone know the phone II -> on-campus II rate?

Seems to be around 50%!

Good luck :)

I kinda remember reading this a little earlier in the thread, but have those accepted gotten financial aid stuff yet?

accepted folks — is signing the document in your acceptance email saying you will attend WMed? Is it binding or just a way to reserve your spot?

Members don't see this ad :)
accepted folks — is signing the document in your acceptance email saying you will attend WMed? Is it binding or just a way to reserve your spot?

Just saves you a seat. Basically lets them know that you have a mutual interest.

Reactions: 1 user
Those of you who have had the phone interview, would you recommend a mock phone interview to prepare for this?

Those of you who have had the phone interview, would you recommend a mock phone interview to prepare for this?

There isn’t much to prepare for. Just be yourself, if you’ve done any basic interview prep that’s plenty. I didn’t do any prep, got a II Eventually

Waitlisted just now. Previous accepted people off the waitlist, did you send any updates? Didn’t see very clear answers before in the thread to this question.
I didn’t send any updates and got accepted off the waitlist about 1 month later

Yup! I got mine around the second week of December.
How long after your acceptance did you get a financial aid offer? It's been about a month for me and still nothing... although I did submit my FAFSA a bit later so I'm wondering if that's slowing the process down

How long after your acceptance did you get a financial aid offer? It's been about a month for me and still nothing... although I did submit my FAFSA a bit later so I'm wondering if that's slowing the process down

I got it almost exactly a month later. If I remember correctly, they said the first batch of financial aid offers would be released mid-December (when I got mine), and then they would be releasing/updating offers on a monthly basis thereafter. So I think you could figure on getting yours mid-January.

Got a campus interview invitation 3 months after completion of the phone screening.

Made the hard choice to withdraw my app & interview in late Jan.

Congratulations to all accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how we can look back on our secondary answers?

Received on-campus II today around 4pm! Phone interview on 11/9

wow. just received a telephone II. Complete all the way back in mid-July, and my experiences review was complete on 7/31. Quite the intermission period. Will be declining due to an offer from my number 1 choice school. Don't lose hope if you were complete early and haven't heard anything from admissions! good luck

Reactions: 1 users
I had my phone interview back in late-December and haven't heard anything since. Should I submit an update?

I had my phone interview back in late-December and haven't heard anything since. Should I submit an update?

You can send any significant updates to [email protected], but I wouldn't do it just for the sake of checking in on your application. People have had to wait anywhere from 3-6 weeks to get an II after the phone interview.

Interview invite! I thought I was out after I messed up on one of the phone interview questions and saw many people with my phone interview date receive interviews.... tons left yall <3

Campus interview received today, Phone interview on August 13th. For all future applicants scrolling through the thread, a 5 month wait is possible xD

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Ii today phone interviewed very end of december

II, phone interview in Sept! Sent a letter of interest in Nov

Waitlist movement tomorrow...maybe?

Did anyone feel like their phone interview was a train wreck but still get an II? I am wondering if there is any hope for me lol.

EDIT: Ended up getting an II like a week after this post lol. To anyone lurking on this thread: there is hope for an on-campus II even if you had a bad phone interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone feel like their phone interview was a train wreck but still get an II? I am wondering if there is any hope for me lol.

Mine felt super awkward. At my interview day, the Assistant Dean acknowledged that it was a weird phone call.

I was a stuttering, nonsensical mess in my phone interview and I received campus II about 2-3 weeks afterwards

• Love
  • Haha
Yes! I didn't feel good at all about 2 of the questions and got a recent II. And 4.5 months later too! Don't lose hope!

• Love
My experiences review was done on 10/8 with the same email saying consideration for telephone interview. Should I give up on this school?

Anyone have tips for dressing in snowy weather? I have never encountered snow in my life, and I want to make sure that I don't get frostbite on my interview day. lol

Regular clothes, a warm jacket, and a scarf will probably be enough. It isn’t too cold in Michigan as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

II last week!! Phone interview the week before!

OOS. LM ~70

sorry if this has been asked before but what airport did yall fly in to? Coming from NYC

sorry if this has been asked before but what airport did yall fly in to? Coming from NYC
Haven't interviewed here but just flew in for work into AZO (in Kalamazoo, maybe 15 minutes from the school). Other option would be Grand Rapids and it's about an hour's drive from the school. If you can fly from Newark they have direct flights to Grand Rapids. And flights to Kalamazoo with layovers in Chicago. Not sure about JFK or LaGuardia.

• Love
Just got the call!! Interviewed on 1/10 and I’m so elated I could pass out

• Love
Reactions: 10 users