2019-2020 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the call!! Interviewed on 1/10 and I’m so elated I could pass out
Congrats!!! Did you get the email right afterwards?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rates are like here?

Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rates are like here?

I don’t know if the exact number is available or not, but I believe they interview ~450 and have 84 seats in the class. Factoring in students who are accepted but choose to go elsewhere, I’d guess 40-50%.

Reactions: 1 user
Are phone II's still being sent out?

Waitlisted today, interviewed 1/17. Stung a bit as I absolutely loved this school so hoping for some active waitlist movement. :(

Waitlisted today, interviewed 1/17. Stung a bit as I absolutely loved this school so hoping for some active waitlist movement. :(

Same, hoping for the best!

Same! Seems like a lot of us who interviewed on that day were waitlisted unfortunately... however looking at previously WL'd students it does appear that there is good movement!!

Reactions: 1 users
Got my first A yesterday!! Interviewed 1/17

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
The signed letter of commitment is just to hold my acceptance and it is not binding, correct? I understand the April 15/30th AAMC rules, but I just want to make sure that I have the right idea about the signed letter that the school wants back within a couple of weeks. The wording on the letter makes it seem a little more binding than I had in mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
The signed letter of commitment is just to hold my acceptance and it is not binding, correct? I understand the April 15/30th AAMC rules, but I just want to make sure that I have the right idea about the signed letter that the school wants back within a couple of weeks. The wording on the letter makes it seem a little more binding than I had in mind.
Yes, it's not binding.

Congrats! Any advice for the interview?

Thanks! My traditional interview was very very conversational and low stress! The structured part was interesting but as long as you take the time to give thoughtful explanations then you will do just fine. I would say overall advice is to (as much as possible) don’t let the actual interview component get in your head and try to enjoy the day! You will get to talk to current students and even participate in some simulation scenarios! Everyone is very friendly and sincere. I did not have much of an opinion before my visit but loved it afterwards! Best of luck!

• Love
II just now! Phone interview end of December. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? Do they have a host program?? Thanks!

II just now! Phone interview end of December. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? Do they have a host program?? Thanks!
I stayed at the Comfort Inn because it was cheap but it was about a 20 min walk to get to campus. You can look at their website (edit: the school's website) to see what deals they have arranged for students at surrounding hotels.

Interviewed 1/24, put on hold earlier this week

CAMPUS INTERVIEW JUST NOW lets gooooo

Reactions: 2 users
Campus II just now, phone interview on 8/21, kinda surprised they’re still giving out interviews lol

EDIT: looks like the only (and last) interview dates are 2/28 and 3/6

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Still nervously on the waitlist, when should I send a letter of intent?

Got dat juicy pre-II R. Gotta say though, this was probably the most convoluted way I've ever seen a school tell me I've been rejected.

After evaluating your AMCAS and supplemental application, and given the extent of interest in WMed, we will not be requesting you continue the application process.

we will not be requesting you continue the application process.

:thinking:

Just missed the call from Jean for my A! I was waitlisted at the end of December

Accepted off the waitlist today! Interviewed 10/18, waitlisted 11/5.

Sort of neurotic question, did everyone have extra tabs appear on their portal after interviewing ? Like financial aid and stuff? Is it a good sign or just something that shows up post-interview?

Waitlisted. 01/31 interview. Do letters of intent/interest help and how good is the waitlist movement? I really loved this school

Waitlisted. 01/31 interview. Do letters of intent/interest help and how good is the waitlist movement? I really loved this school
I mean you can read the thread but compared to other schools, I’d say waitlist movement is pretty good at WMed

I mean you can read the thread but compared to other schools, I’d say waitlist movement is pretty good at WMed
Cool, they say it is unranked though so how do they decide when they pull people off the waitlist?

Cool, they say it is unranked though so how do they decide when they pull people off the waitlist?
This is just my assumption- not confirmed by WMed or anything so it could be way off base, but I’ve heard for other schools with unranked waitlists that the way it works is that for each accepted person who turns down their spot, the adcom tries to find someone on the waitlist as similar as possible (demographics, stats, interests) in an effort to keep the diversity of the class intact.

Recent II!!! You guys think these are for waitlist positions or do they still have acceptances left? Excited regardless!

Recent II!!! You guys think these are for waitlist positions or do they still have acceptances left? Excited regardless!
Pretty sure they still have seats in the class, and even if not this school sees lots of waitlist movement. Congrats on the II!

• Love