You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Duke
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1, complete 9/1nothing from duke. complete mid september. anyone else? LM 72 WARS 77
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1060270
YesAnyone know if the post interview survey is anonymous...
is duke silent Rs or they send pre-ll Rs? Been ghosted for a quite a while and wondering if I should mark it as an R
Same, complete 8/19 but no R yetis duke silent Rs or they send pre-ll Rs? Been ghosted for a quite a while and wondering if I should mark it as an R
D
deleted1038508
Anyone who interview recently get an updated answer on when they plan to release decisions? Website says mid/late february but maybe someone slipped you guys a hint in a recent interview
Interviewed Wednesday and they just said in the next 6 weeks!Anyone who interview recently get an updated answer on when they plan to release decisions? Website says mid/late february but maybe someone slipped you guys a hint in a recent interview
I read up on last year's thread and it seems like they are silent/end of season for their Rs. Will probably hold out a shred of hope until I hear that they finish interviewing and then count myself out after that.Is duke silent Rs or they send pre-ll Rs? Been ghosted for a quite a while and wondering if I should mark it as an R
D
deleted1038508
So essentially mid-late february😂😂Interviewed Wednesday and they just said in the next 6 weeks!
Yah I think you're right 🙁I read up on last year's thread and it seems like they are silent/end of season for their Rs. Will probably hold out a shred of hope until I hear that they finish interviewing and then count myself out after that.
Attachments
Yah I think you're right 🙁
Fingers crossed for more IIs for us! 🙁
II just now. LM ~81. Complete late August.
II just now, too! Complete late August. Interview dates available for next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II just now woo! very surprised thought they were done
II just now too! Complete like 5 minutes before the secondary deadline LOL
did anyone who got an II have lower stats? (like low 510s mcat?)
unsuremedstudent1234
Full Member
me! scored a 510 on my mcat. they're interviewing mcat blind this year, unsure how much weight this will play at the actual decision stage (hopefully not a lot...)did anyone who got an II have lower stats? (like low 510s mcat?)
thanks so much for your reply, and congratulations!! i hope you get that A 🙂me! scored a 510 on my mcat. they're interviewing mcat blind this year, unsure how much weight this will play at the actual decision stage (hopefully not a lot...)
Do you mean the interviewers don't see your MCAT or they dont count your MCAT for extending II? I had not heard anything about this and interviewed in October. I think its pretty common for interviewers to not know your MCAT if that's what you mean. Just curious!me! scored a 510 on my mcat. they're interviewing mcat blind this year, unsure how much weight this will play at the actual decision stage (hopefully not a lot...)
BeeBopBoop
Full Member
That's encouraging, thank you! I hope they are still giving out II...ghosted since early Augustme! scored a 510 on my mcat. they're interviewing mcat blind this year, unsure how much weight this will play at the actual decision stage (hopefully not a lot...)
Duke will offer interviews without an mcat score but the final decision will include an evaluation of the mcat score
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
me! scored a 510 on my mcat. they're interviewing mcat blind this year, unsure how much weight this will play at the actual decision stage (hopefully not a lot...)
Duke will offer interviews without an mcat score but the final decision will include an evaluation of the mcat score
Based on the wording on their website, it sounds like they may consider an application with no MCAT score if the applicant hadn't received a score by the time of submission. It doesn't sound like they are doing MCAT-blind review for all applicants like UCSF, for example.
Admissions FAQs | Duke University School of Medicine
unsuremedstudent1234
Full Member
Hmm I think they invited for interview without knowledge of MCAT this year. Their secondary invite stated:Do you mean the interviewers don't see your MCAT or they dont count your MCAT for extending II? I had not heard anything about this and interviewed in October. I think its pretty common for interviewers to not know your MCAT if that's what you mean. Just curious!
"Applications will be screened this year without the MCAT score and considered for interview. Applicants must have a MCAT score posted to their application in order to be considered for admissions"
Although maybe this is referring to applicants who hadn't yet received an MCAT score and I misunderstood? Haha I just readily believed they were MCAT blind as a way to explain my II...
Have they sent out any pre-II Rs yet?
EaglePutt3
Full Member
It's rough how much of a game it is to see how it all works out! You just never know. I thought I would at least get an interview here but idk hahaHow many more II's do you all think will be given out? The fact that it is getting late in the cycle and all my top choices have rejected or ghosted me is starting to make me antsy. Waiting for any communication is becoming increasingly harder.
sunnydayz1234
Full Member
is it 10 mmi stations total, 2 min to read/think and 8 min to respond for each?
Yes to the 10 MMI stations, but 2 min to read, 7 min to discuss, and 3 min break between!is it 10 mmi stations total, 2 min to read/think and 8 min to respond for each?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Btw, yes you are allowed to write stuff down during your 2 minute period, but other than a very basic flowchart/outline/bullet point of what you want to cover, I wouldn't write much b/c it probably doesn't look too great if you're reading off the page. Additionally, interviewers usually ask follow-up questions specific to your response so your page will probably become obsolete pretty quickly. Just my $0.02!
absolutewasteman
Full Member
II just now!!!! shaking omg
Congrats!!II just now!!!! shaking omg
Congrats. When were you complete?II just now!!!! shaking omg
sunnydayz1234
Full Member
uhhh how strict is duke's 51 mm x 51 mm size of our photos ...?
Eastrelative3542
New Member
Does anyone know how weighted LOI are
I didn't even know we could send in LOIs post-II? Where do we send it to? I don't see an upload place in the portal 🙁Does anyone know how weighted LOI are
BigBrowns
New Member
Congrats that is awesome! How many interview days did they have left?II just now!!!! shaking omg
Do you mind sharing what dates were available for interviews?II just now!!!! shaking omg
I believe they were complete around 11/30, I took note of that in my document because I was complete around then too lol!Congrats. When were you complete?
Last edited:
absolutewasteman
Full Member
Congrats that is awesome! How many interview days did they have left?
Do you mind sharing what dates were available for interviews?
There was only one date available in early February when I checked!
for anyone who's already interviewed, what is the video station? i know in the past they had an essay station and guessing they replaced it with video due to the virtual format this year?
unsuremedstudent1234
Full Member
you can send to admissions. they will update your application with a letter of intent, but cannot add any updates to your fileI didn't even know we could send in LOIs post-II? Where do we send it to? I don't see an upload place in the portal 🙁
I see thanks! I'll probably send a letter of interest asap then!you can send to admissions. they will update your application with a letter of intent, but cannot add any updates to your file
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iloathemakingusernames
Full Member
I wrote a letter similar to this and they responded positively so I think it was okay? Hope that helps a bit.So, I had written a letter of intent that included updates in it just so they had less to read. Do I need to remove the updates in my letter now?
They responded positively as in they said it was okay? Or were they like "wow cool updates" b/c the latter would be awesome. (In all seriousness though just curious what you meant. And yes this helps, thanks!!)I wrote a letter similar to this and they responded positively so I think it was okay? Hope that helps a bit.
iloathemakingusernames
Full Member
Ok so more like "Thanks so much for your letter, glad to read what you wrote, we'll add it to your application", I'm paraphrasing of course. they didn't specifically comment about the updates thoThey responded positively as in they said it was okay? Or were they like "wow cool updates" b/c the latter would be awesome. (In all seriousness though just curious what you meant. And yes this helps, thanks!!)
unsuremedstudent1234
Full Member
I wrote a very similar letter. Still planning to submit as they said the admissions committee was open to receive updates, they just won't add updates to your application file. I figured I'd just send it all to them and then they can do with it as they please lolSo, I had written a letter of intent that included updates in it just so they had less to read. Do I need to remove the updates in my letter now?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K