2020-2021 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nothing from duke. complete mid september. anyone else? LM 72 WARS 77

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
is duke silent Rs or they send pre-ll Rs? Been ghosted for a quite a while and wondering if I should mark it as an R

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone who interview recently get an updated answer on when they plan to release decisions? Website says mid/late february but maybe someone slipped you guys a hint in a recent interview

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who interview recently get an updated answer on when they plan to release decisions? Website says mid/late february but maybe someone slipped you guys a hint in a recent interview
Interviewed Wednesday and they just said in the next 6 weeks!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Is duke silent Rs or they send pre-ll Rs? Been ghosted for a quite a while and wondering if I should mark it as an R
I read up on last year's thread and it seems like they are silent/end of season for their Rs. Will probably hold out a shred of hope until I hear that they finish interviewing and then count myself out after that.

I read up on last year's thread and it seems like they are silent/end of season for their Rs. Will probably hold out a shred of hope until I hear that they finish interviewing and then count myself out after that.
Yah I think you're right :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-152036_Gmail~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-152036_Gmail~2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 282
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
i had a dream that duke sent a representative to my house to notify me of my acceptance to the school and also to give me a brand new dodge challenger. mid to late February needs to hurry up!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now. LM ~81. Complete late August.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
II just now, too! Complete late August. Interview dates available for next week.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
II just now too! Complete like 5 minutes before the secondary deadline LOL

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
did anyone who got an II have lower stats? (like low 510s mcat?)

me! scored a 510 on my mcat. they're interviewing mcat blind this year, unsure how much weight this will play at the actual decision stage (hopefully not a lot...)
thanks so much for your reply, and congratulations!! i hope you get that A :)

• Care
me! scored a 510 on my mcat. they're interviewing mcat blind this year, unsure how much weight this will play at the actual decision stage (hopefully not a lot...)
Do you mean the interviewers don't see your MCAT or they dont count your MCAT for extending II? I had not heard anything about this and interviewed in October. I think its pretty common for interviewers to not know your MCAT if that's what you mean. Just curious!

That's encouraging, thank you! I hope they are still giving out II...ghosted since early August

• Care
Duke will offer interviews without an mcat score but the final decision will include an evaluation of the mcat score

Reactions: 1 users
Duke will offer interviews without an mcat score but the final decision will include an evaluation of the mcat score

Based on the wording on their website, it sounds like they may consider an application with no MCAT score if the applicant hadn't received a score by the time of submission. It doesn't sound like they are doing MCAT-blind review for all applicants like UCSF, for example.

Do you mean the interviewers don't see your MCAT or they dont count your MCAT for extending II? I had not heard anything about this and interviewed in October. I think its pretty common for interviewers to not know your MCAT if that's what you mean. Just curious!
Hmm I think they invited for interview without knowledge of MCAT this year. Their secondary invite stated:

"Applications will be screened this year without the MCAT score and considered for interview. Applicants must have a MCAT score posted to their application in order to be considered for admissions"

Although maybe this is referring to applicants who hadn't yet received an MCAT score and I misunderstood? Haha I just readily believed they were MCAT blind as a way to explain my II...

How many more II's do you all think will be given out? The fact that it is getting late in the cycle and all my top choices have rejected or ghosted me is starting to make me antsy. Waiting for any communication is becoming increasingly harder.

Reactions: 4 users
How many more II's do you all think will be given out? The fact that it is getting late in the cycle and all my top choices have rejected or ghosted me is starting to make me antsy. Waiting for any communication is becoming increasingly harder.
It's rough how much of a game it is to see how it all works out! You just never know. I thought I would at least get an interview here but idk haha

Btw, yes you are allowed to write stuff down during your 2 minute period, but other than a very basic flowchart/outline/bullet point of what you want to cover, I wouldn't write much b/c it probably doesn't look too great if you're reading off the page. Additionally, interviewers usually ask follow-up questions specific to your response so your page will probably become obsolete pretty quickly. Just my $0.02!

• Love
for anyone who's already interviewed, what is the video station? i know in the past they had an essay station and guessing they replaced it with video due to the virtual format this year?

I didn't even know we could send in LOIs post-II? Where do we send it to? I don't see an upload place in the portal :(
you can send to admissions. they will update your application with a letter of intent, but cannot add any updates to your file

So, I had written a letter of intent that included updates in it just so they had less to read. Do I need to remove the updates in my letter now?

So, I had written a letter of intent that included updates in it just so they had less to read. Do I need to remove the updates in my letter now?
I wrote a letter similar to this and they responded positively so I think it was okay? Hope that helps a bit.

I wrote a letter similar to this and they responded positively so I think it was okay? Hope that helps a bit.
They responded positively as in they said it was okay? Or were they like "wow cool updates" b/c the latter would be awesome. (In all seriousness though just curious what you meant. And yes this helps, thanks!!)

They responded positively as in they said it was okay? Or were they like "wow cool updates" b/c the latter would be awesome. (In all seriousness though just curious what you meant. And yes this helps, thanks!!)
Ok so more like "Thanks so much for your letter, glad to read what you wrote, we'll add it to your application", I'm paraphrasing of course. they didn't specifically comment about the updates tho

I wrote a very similar letter. Still planning to submit as they said the admissions committee was open to receive updates, they just won't add updates to your application file. I figured I'd just send it all to them and then they can do with it as they please lol

How is everyone sending updates/LOIs? Via the portal upload option or emailing it to the admissions email address?