2020-2021 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know historically what the distribution is in terms of A, R, and WL?

They interview around 700 and have a class size of 120ish. The waitlist is about 100 or so people long and around 20 get off of it. So what I would guess is like 150-170 acceptances 100 WL and the rest R. If someone disagrees let me know.
 
according to this, 277 were accepted one year. if 20 of them were from the waitlist, then initial 250 acceptances?


Just curious, where do they get this data from? I've always referred back to this document but never did the work to double-check the source haha
 
excited finding nemo GIF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they usually make all the calls in one day? Or are they split up?
I got some bad news...last year's thread suggests it's over multiple days 🙁

Edit: Bulk of calls were Feb 12 and then some more A's went out Feb 13 with WL/Rs on that day too
 
Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 331211I swear to god I have never been trolled so hard in my entire life.
You cannot tell me that the vertical alignment of my name, “congratulations”, and “duke university”, in an email sent on the same day as admissions decisions, is a coincidence.
Personalized marketing has officially gone too far 😭.
I got a call from a Durham phone number an hour ago and was so excited... only to be warned that tHiS iS mY FiNaL NoTiCe about my car’s warranty. I’m rlly about to start a class action lawsuit lol
 
I got a call from a Durham phone number an hour ago and was so excited... only to be warned that tHiS iS mY FiNaL NoTiCe about my car’s warranty. I’m rlly about to start a class action lawsuit lol
I got a call from Dean Yee himself and I was so excited... but then he said I was wanted by the government and asked for my social security number and credit card information to free me of legal charges and I realized it wasn't Dean Yee
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad