You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Duke
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
its.going.tibia.good.day
Full Member
I don't want to spread any misinformation out there but I interviewed in late January and I think I remember them saying March for decisions, so until I saw this thread I had it in my mind that I'd hear back in March. I couldn't find it written down anywhere, so I may have misremembered, but the fact that they haven't sent out any decisions yet makes me think I may have remembered correctly
unsuremedstudent1234
Full Member
this is cruel 😭 I can't wait any longer lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1054719
They definitely told all the early interviews that it would be February. They told my group specifically mid-Feb and a later group late-Feb. That'd be unfortunate if they changed it to March without communicating it.I don't want to spread any misinformation out there but I interviewed in late January and I think I remember them saying March for decisions, so until I saw this thread I had it in my mind that I'd hear back in March. I couldn't find it written down anywhere, so I may have misremembered, but the fact that they haven't sent out any decisions yet makes me think I may have remembered correctly
I interviewed on 1/13 and was told mid to late February :/I don't want to spread any misinformation out there but I interviewed in late January and I think I remember them saying March for decisions, so until I saw this thread I had it in my mind that I'd hear back in March. I couldn't find it written down anywhere, so I may have misremembered, but the fact that they haven't sent out any decisions yet makes me think I may have remembered correctly
I interviewed in Feb. and they told my group that decisions would be out by the end of the month!
D
deleted1054719
This is the reality I choose to believe 😂I interviewed in Feb. and they told my group that decisions would be out by the end of the month!
I will see you all tomorrow for round 2
letmebeanMDpls
Full Member
it would be soooo mean to start today and not finish before the weekend. I'd be disappointed in them
It would be even worse if they just didn’t start today hahait would be soooo mean to start today and not finish before the weekend. I'd be disappointed in them
I barely sleptIt would be even worse if they just didn’t start today haha
+1I barely slept
Not sure if this helps anyone out, but I didn't get an interview this year at Duke and it was just updated in my portal at the top with a note saying I was denied (as expected LOL, see below). There was no accompanying email. Best of luck to everyone! Maybe we will meet in residency?
"Application Decision - Thank you for your interest in the Duke University School of Medicine. We deeply appreciate the work you've put into your application but we are sorry to inform you that the Admissions Committee has not selected you for an interview. While we recognize that this decision may be disappointing, it is in no way a reflection of your potential as a future physician. We wish you great success in your academic and professional pursuits."
"Application Decision - Thank you for your interest in the Duke University School of Medicine. We deeply appreciate the work you've put into your application but we are sorry to inform you that the Admissions Committee has not selected you for an interview. While we recognize that this decision may be disappointing, it is in no way a reflection of your potential as a future physician. We wish you great success in your academic and professional pursuits."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the heads up! Just checked my portal and unfortunately it doesn’t look like it’s been updated for interviewing applicants😕Not sure if this helps anyone out, but I didn't get an interview this year at Duke and it was just updated in my portal at the top with a note saying I was denied (as expected LOL, see below). There was no accompanying email. Best of luck to everyone! Maybe we will meet in residency?
"Application Decision - Thank you for your interest in the Duke University School of Medicine. We deeply appreciate the work you've put into your application but we are sorry to inform you that the Admissions Committee has not selected you for an interview. While we recognize that this decision may be disappointing, it is in no way a reflection of your potential as a future physician. We wish you great success in your academic and professional pursuits."
I just got the call!!!!!! Did not feel the best about my interview so I am in so much shock. but good news is they are starting now!
D
deleted1054719
KomodoHype
Full Member
Accepted just now. Also didn't feel great about my interview but i guess it was good enough. Pog
D
deleted1038508
Do calls go out one at a time? Or are multiple people calling
D
deleted1054719
Alright y'all. Time to post last initial, interview dates, birthdates, shoe sizes, and all the metrics to help us figure out the ordering 🤣
Don’t forget astrological signAlright y'all. Time to post last initial, interview dates, birthdates, shoe sizes, and all the metrics to help us figure out the ordering 🤣
Lollll I interviewed in December but am at the veryyy beginning of the alphabet so maybe thatAlright y'all. Time to post last initial, interview dates, birthdates, shoe sizes, and all the metrics to help us figure out the ordering 🤣
Congrats!!!!! Did anything change on your portal?I just got the call!!!!!! Did not feel the best about my interview so I am in so much shock. but good news is they are starting now!
D
deleted1038508
I was in late sept/early october and beginning of alphabet 🙁Lollll I interviewed in December but am at the veryyy beginning of the alphabet so maybe that
Nope! Still looks the same, and they said that we would get our acceptance emails by MondayCongrats!!!!! Did anything change on your portal?
D
deleted1054719
Lollll I interviewed in December but am at the veryyy beginning of the alphabet so maybe that
I was in late sept/early october and beginning of alphabet too 🙁
Back of the line in elementary school and back of the line in med app decisions too. Curse my last name! 🤣 Congrats again to all who just got the call!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Always last here too with a Y last nameBack of the line in elementary school and back of the line in med app decisions too. Curse my last name! 🤣 Congrats again to all who just got the call!!
KomodoHype
Full Member
I'm at the very very end of the alphabet LOL and I just got the callLollll I interviewed in December but am at the veryyy beginning of the alphabet so maybe that
Nope, no Duke listedCongrats!! Have your portals or AMCAS CYMS changed out of curiosity?
KomodoHype
Full Member
Call them back!! My call came from a NYC number!I just missed a call from a NY number... that wouldn't be it right?
Is Dr. Yee making all the calls?
Yeah I interviewed in Januaryor maybe interview date? when did duke start? any jan interviewees?
ice-cream
Full Member
oof pre-II R here too. Thanks for the info!!Not sure if this helps anyone out, but I didn't get an interview this year at Duke and it was just updated in my portal at the top with a note saying I was denied (as expected LOL, see below). There was no accompanying email. Best of luck to everyone! Maybe we will meet in residency?
"Application Decision - Thank you for your interest in the Duke University School of Medicine. We deeply appreciate the work you've put into your application but we are sorry to inform you that the Admissions Committee has not selected you for an interview. While we recognize that this decision may be disappointing, it is in no way a reflection of your potential as a future physician. We wish you great success in your academic and professional pursuits."
Have any Feb. interviews received acceptances yet?
Interviewed 2/4, got the call about 12:20. I think they’re calling alphabetically.Have any Feb. interviews received acceptances yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the call! October interview, last name near the end of the alphabet.
valence_electron1
Full Member
Pre-II R complete 11/01
Maybe they have one person calling at the beginning of the alphabet and another starting at the end. Has anyone in the middle of the alphabet received a call so far?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K