-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I don’t think it’s due until April 30th, right?Have people who were accepted recently paid their deposit yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you talk at all about movement on HPWL? When people can expect to start hearing and how many people get accepted from the HPWL list? Thanks!just remembered SDN was a thing, current first year here happy to answer any questions about the school or Philly in general!
I was fortunate enough to get accepted off the bat, but given that Jeff has one of the highest numbers of applicants, we also give out a lot of acceptances knowing people will ultimately pick another school (can't imagine why!). Honestly can't say how the school has been handling covid-influenced decisions (more people applying than ever before, more people accepting IIs since it is no cost, etc), but I imagine most movement will be happening after the cut-off AAMC put out for reducing held acceptances. Historically we have lots of movement and yes, we do love update letters and LOIs.Can you talk at all about movement on HPWL? When people can expect to start hearing and how many people get accepted from the HPWL list? Thanks!
PMCNALLIS333
Full Member
I know they say 1-6 weeks to hear a decision, but has anyone heard back after 1 week? I am so anxious to know since Jefferson is my top choice now.
I heard back after 3 weeks and believe the vast majority hear 3-5 after interview!I know they say 1-6 weeks to hear a decision, but has anyone heard back after 1 week? I am so anxious to know since Jefferson is my top choice now.
HPWL, interviewed 2/17.
Curiousparent
Full Member
Good luck to you! Are you in state or out of state?Just got an interview invite. I'm pumped!
Curiousparent
Full Member
Good luck to you! Could you share your stats and if you are IS or OS?Also received an II today. Complete mid-July, sent an update in Jan.
Edit: available dates are March 24 and March 31
Thank you! I'm in state in Pennsylvania. SKMC is a private college, but I believe SKMC is the state school for Delaware residents. They reserve 20 seats for Delaware residents.Good luck to you! Could you share your stats and if you are IS or OS?
whatevenisthis
Full Member
Philly is just not showing love, silence since July here and at Temple 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
I don't, because I'm admitted and I don't know of any panels for accepted students lol.Does anyone know about the dress code for those zooms they're hosting for accepted students, like the ODII panel they're holding tomorrow?
I think it may be for URM/LGBTQ admitted students only, as it's hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion?I don't, because I'm admitted and I don't know of any panels for accepted students lol.
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
That makes sense. Thanks!I think it may be for URM/LGBTQ admitted students only, as it's hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion?
D
deleted1089003
This is for admitted students? Or pre-interview? I had one of those for pre-interview, but I didn't receive any notice about an accepted students thing.I think it may be for URM/LGBTQ admitted students only, as it's hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion?
greenbananas359
Full Member
II just now! Beyond excited 😀
Complete in early September, IS, ORM. Sent an update letter 2 days ago!
Complete in early September, IS, ORM. Sent an update letter 2 days ago!
II just now as well. So grateful! OOS. Complete in July.
Would you mind sharing your stats? Completed September, still waiting for an interviewII just now! Beyond excited 😀
Complete in early September, IS, ORM. Sent an update letter 2 days ago!
greenbananas359
Full Member
520 MCAT, 3.96 GPA.Would you mind sharing your stats? Completed September, still waiting for an interview
II just now! Beyond excited 😀
Complete in early September, IS, ORM. Sent an update letter 2 days ago!
Congrats! What interview dates are available?
greenbananas359
Full Member
March 31 was the only date I sawCongrats! What interview dates are available?
For me, the next 3 Wednesday's were available.March 31 was the only date I saw
LetMeINNNNNN
Full Member
.
Last edited:
anexhaustedpremed
Full Member
Anyone know when we should expect financial aid offers from SKMC?
Congrats! What are your stats!I. GOT. THE. CALL. One of my top choices, super ecstatic rn! (interviewed 2/10)
D
deleted1062149
High priority WL. Oh well. It was the nicest app email ive gotten though 🤷🏻♂️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the call earlier today around 3pm! Interviewed 2/10, LM 69, ORM. Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back!
whatevenisthis
Full Member
It’s just hard to keep track at this point but does Kimmel send pre II rejects? Sorry if this was asked
MongutheDoggy
Full Member
Do most 1st years live on campus?
Yes, they do. You can scroll through the older pages here to see them. Not sure how often they're sent out.It’s just hard to keep track at this point but does Kimmel send pre II rejects? Sorry if this was asked
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the financial aid portal is in that same banner web system where you paid your deposit.Hey guys! Just submitted my enrollment deposit today. Does anyone know how I can access this banner financial aid portal people are talking about? I need to get a key first or something, correct? How long after enrollment deposit submission does that come out?
2 days after Dr. Callahan's call I got 2 emails from skmc: one "Instructions for Submitting Deposit...." which included the link to the banner and my banner ID, and another one that has the PIN (password).
Then 6 days later I got an email from bannerwebadmin that included my campus key.For recently accepted applicants, where do we submit the deposit? Also, where do we find the campus code to register for 2nd look?
I hope this helped. And also you guys can always email Jefferson's IT or call them directly for help 215-955-7975. They're pretty responsive to inquiries!
D
deleted1089003
Anyone else deliberating between Jeff and their state school? Jeff's tuition is just ridiculously high.
For those who've sent updates, does the admissions office/Dr. Callahan send a confirmation email or is their confirmation just the communication status update in our portals? This is a pre-II update letter also since being complete 09/02 and not heard anything back so I'm shooting my shot lol
(3.7 GPA, 507 MCAT, ORM, OOS first-time applicant)
(3.7 GPA, 507 MCAT, ORM, OOS first-time applicant)
Thanks so much!!Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the financial aid portal is in that same banner web system where you paid your deposit.
2 days after Dr. Callahan's call I got 2 emails from skmc: one "Instructions for Submitting Deposit...." which included the link to the banner and my banner ID, and another one that has the PIN (password).
Then 6 days later I got an email from bannerwebadmin that included my campus key.
I hope this helped. And also you guys can always email Jefferson's IT or call them directly for help 215-955-7975. They're pretty responsive to inquiries!
I’m a non-Canadian international applicant and was accepted!hey guys
seems like they still have couple of IIs left to send--do you think they will still be considering anyone from earlier in the cycle (secondary submitted in July)?
also, is there anyone here that's international that was able to get an interview here?
bocaj4138
Full Member
Yeah I think deciding between two schools I like at this point is gonna come down to money.Anyone else deliberating between Jeff and their state school? Jeff's tuition is just ridiculously high.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rosiris Fleetfoot
Full Member
At this point in the cycle, they have to have gone through the list multiple times. I would imagine that they are not really looking at the specific times of submission at this point.hey guys
seems like they still have couple of IIs left to send--do you think they will still be considering anyone from earlier in the cycle (secondary submitted in July)?
also, is there anyone here that's international that was able to get an interview here?
Attention, my fellow WL warriors -- I started a SKMC WL thread where we can learn more about our chances.
forums.studentdoctor.net
Sidney Kimmel Medical College Waitlist 2020-2021
Hey, everybody. I know if you are anything like me, you are itching to know more about your chances of moving from the WL purgatory to the holy land of Acceptance and medical education. Feel free to put on your tinfoil hat and discuss any WL conspiracy theories you've heard. Hopefully, with...
forums.studentdoctor.net
Hi! Could any current SKMC students comment on the merit-based scholarships offered to M3s and M4s? How many are awarded / what is the criteria? And do you have to submit the FAFSA before you enter as an M1 or can you fill it out at some point while in medical school? Thanks!
PM’ed you!Congrats!!! I am also a non-Canadian international student. Would you mind sharing your stat?
I’m thinking of reapplying for 2022 cycle and will take an extra gap year to improve my profile. My current stat is MCAT 514, GPA 3.79, I have clinical and research experience, but no publication (yet, hopefully this year) or shadowing experience. I’d greatly appreciate your advice!
Traveller398
Full Member
Got an A call earlier today! Interviewed 2/24. Non-Canadian international student.