2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For you Mason, not for me! I cri evrytiem
Bruh when I found out he died back in Vorkuta I was like nooooo! Reznov is symbolism of me leaving half my soul in college while the other half scrapes forward toward med school

Reactions: 1 users
Bruh when I found out he died back in Vorkuta I was like nooooo! Reznov is symbolism of me leaving half my soul in college while the other half scrapes forward toward med school
Yeah dude Reznov was the man. I remember playing COD WaW and doing the professionalism achievement and he would just be like :"Again, again". Those last few missions were insane on Veteran mode.

I played COD for the multiplayer but dang there were some moments in the single-player like when Ghost died that got me good.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah dude Reznov was the man. I remember playing COD WaW and doing the professionalism achievement and he would just be like :"Again, again". Those last few missions were insane on Veteran mode.

I played COD for the multiplayer but dang there were some moments in the single-player like when Ghost died that got me good.
Yeah definitely took some hits there lol. hopefully med school will have kids who appreciate this **** as much as we do

Just checking, what does the ‘complete’ email say? I only have two total emails from SKMC admissions: secondary invite and secondary submitted. I have everything else in like LORs, fee paid, etc, so was wondering if I should contact them.

Reactions: 2 users
Just checking, what does the ‘complete’ email say? I only have two total emails from SKMC admissions: secondary invite and secondary submitted. I have everything else in like LORs, fee paid, etc, so was wondering if I should contact them.

Congratulations. Your application to Sidney Kimmel Medical College is now complete! We thank you for your interest in our school.

Applicants who are selected for interview will be notified via email. The MD program interviews on Wednesdays from mid-September through early April and requires a full day's commitment on the part of the candidate. Details about the interview day will be given with the interview invitation.

If you have any questions, please contact the admissions office at [email protected] or 215-955-6983.

Thank you,

Sidney Kimmel Medical College

Congratulations. Your application to Sidney Kimmel Medical College is now complete! We thank you for your interest in our school.

Applicants who are selected for interview will be notified via email. The MD program interviews on Wednesdays from mid-September through early April and requires a full day's commitment on the part of the candidate. Details about the interview day will be given with the interview invitation.

If you have any questions, please contact the admissions office at [email protected] or 215-955-6983.

Thank you,

Sidney Kimmel Medical College
Thanks for sharing. Looks like I’ll be contacting them since I never got that email but submitted everything on the first day.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like I’ll be contacting them since I never got that email but submitted everything on the first day.

I didn’t receive a complete email either even though my application status says complete and under review. I contacted them but I didn’t get a response yet. Lmk if you do!

I didn’t receive a complete email either even though my application status says complete and under review. I contacted them but I didn’t get a response yet. Lmk if you do!
Same here but when I checked communication tab, it says I received a complete email

So I realize this is pure, unadulterated neuroticism, but are there any other "higher" stats applicants that were complete early and haven't heard back?

3.8/516/half URM, complete on 7/13 and haven't heard anything back. I'm OOS and have good/unique ecs. I know it super early but someone got an II after being complete on 8/3. Makes me worry about potential red flags in my app (like a lukewarm LOR mainly).

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
So I realize this is pure, unadulterated neuroticism, but are there any other "higher" stats applicants that were complete early and haven't heard back?

3.8/516/half URM, complete on 7/13 and haven't heard anythig back. I'm OOS and have good/unique ecs. I know it super early but someone got an II after being complete on 8/3. Makes me worry about potential red flags in my app (like a lukeaarm LOR mainly).
I got an II last cycle, but it wasnt until February 26. 3.9/517... this is a very long process, try not to get too worked up! I’m a reapp, so we are in the same boat.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)

3.8/516/half URM, complete on 7/13 and haven't heard anythig back. I'm OOS and have good/unique ecs. I know it super early but someone got an II after being complete on 8/3. Makes me worry about potential red flags in my app (like a lukeaarm LOR mainly).

3.99 516 ORM submitted 7/13 and no II here or at all.

They got back to me:

"Hello and good morning,

Thank you for your update - Just a friendly reminder and FYI see below -

*Note due to a high volume of received and reviewing of completed applications, updates are not given. All applicants have the ability to check their status online. If everything reads complete, then it is a completed application under review with consideration of interview. Your status does not change once application has been completed. All completed applications are on a continued review bases. If offered an interview they will invite you via email."

Ok great to hear! I was starting to get worried over here.

IS, ORM, 523 MCAT, 3.9 cGPA. Complete 7/13 and still nothing. Only time shall tell.
Did you apply to schools within your score range (25-75% MCAT, GPA) as well? You're a very likely candidate to be automatically screened out from Jeff as they're one of the lowest yield schools in the country and your stats don't match the previous classes. Should revisit your school list if not

Did you apply to schools within your score range (25-75% MCAT, GPA) as well? You're a very likely candidate to be automatically screened out from Jeff as they're one of the lowest yield schools in the country and your stats don't match the previous classes. Should revisit your school list if not
Not sure if this guy is joking or not. But what my counselor said was that if ur applying to schools tht u have way higher stats than (523??? What an amazing score lol) you gotta make sure u make a VERY strong case for why you would attend and why u would come. Because adcoms aren’t stupid and will think ur using them as a safety if ur WAY above their numbers.

Yes, this has been on my radar. I applied to Jefferson because I'm in-state. PA only has 7 allopathic schools, so I thought I would apply to all 7 on the "in-state" consideration alone. The other 14 out-of-state school I applied to are much better fits.
You should be set then! Good luck with the cycle

Not sure if this guy is joking or not. But what my counselor said was that if ur applying to schools tht u have way higher stats than (523??? What an amazing score lol) you gotta make sure u make a VERY strong case for why you would attend and why u would come. Because adcoms aren’t stupid and will think ur using them as a safety if ur WAY above their numbers.
When a school gets 11,000 applications, they don't have the manpower to read your case to come to their school if your scores don't match the profile of the matriculated students. That's usually between 25-75% percentile as on MSAR. Are there exceptions? Yes, but that is why you have to apply smart. Jeff still needs to cull 10,200 applicants

I also have a 523 but my GPA (~3.8) is pretty close to Jeff's median. OOS. How concerned should I be about getting screened out based on the MCAT alone?

Edit: FWIW I don't have an extremely compelling "I was born to study medicine here" tie-in but I actually think Jeff would be a great fit for me and I tried hard to convey as much in my secondary.

Last edited:
Yes, this has been on my radar. I applied to Jefferson because I'm in-state. PA only has 7 allopathic schools, so I thought I would apply to all 7 on the "in-state" consideration alone. The other 14 out-of-state school I applied to are much better fits.

Lmao only 7

Reactions: 7 users
I think everyone needs to take a giant deep breath haha take everything said on SDN with a massive grain of salt. Unless you are on this schools adcom and in the room when they review candidates you have absolutely NO WAY of knowing how they go about this. Even if you emailed them and asked they still do not tell you the full story. So for everyone freaking out, just breathe. This is a super long process and honestly who knows how they decide who gets their interviews first.

Reactions: 18 users

3.8/516/half URM, complete on 7/13 and haven't heard anything back. I'm OOS and have good/unique ecs. I know it super early but someone got an II after being complete on 8/3. Makes me worry about potential red flags in my app (like a lukewarm LOR mainly).
3.85c/3.9s/526 + live in Philly, also haven't heard back after being complete 7/22.

Last edited:
Yeah I breathed out my nose on that one. I think only NY/CA are ahead of PA.
Texas has more :cow::chicken: where's a cowboy emoji when I need it?
12 allopathic and 3 osteopathic
All via TMDSAS app system except 2 of the MD schools.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Jefferson yield protects with IS applicants, even if they went to school/grew up in Philly? I thought it was assumed staying local would be preferable; now I'm wishing I made it explicit in the "optional" section in the secondary.

To everyone freaking out about yield protection, if you check @thedataking’s tracker, you’ll notice there are both 523 OOS and 524 IS applicants that have received II. Jeff’s 75th percentile is 517.

know someone in state with a 4.0/523+ who got an II so don’t think they’d yield protect people in the area as much

edit: i think they did the optional essay though so that could've been it
Hm, and they don't allow you to upload documents via the secondary portal like other schools either. I wonder if emailing them a "Why Jeff" statement would come off as annoying. Maybe I'll wait a couple months to see how things pan out first.

Hm, and they don't allow you to upload documents via the secondary portal like other schools either. I wonder if emailing them a "Why Jeff" statement would come off as annoying. Maybe I'll wait a couple months to see how things pan out first.
I've been told the general rule of thumb is August is far too early to be submitting these types of letters of intent or even updates, barring any severely impactful updates that change the entire course of your application.

To everyone freaking out about yield protection, if you check @thedataking’s tracker, you’ll notice there are both 523 OOS and 524 IS applicants that have received II. Jeff’s 75th percentile is 517.
can you post a link to the tracker?

can you post a link to the tracker?
https://.............(remove these dots)........docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zg55CcKVhoZ5XJuach7BIdJoPoXSvdoHS6Gp995-ajY/edit#gid=1414765537

It’s a weird move to assume that if you haven’t received an II it means you’re overqualified for the school....

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
I don't really get it either. I have higher stats too and I still think that it would be an honor to be accepted to any medical school. I don't see most med schools (and especially Jefferson) as "underqualified" for me

Reactions: 8 users
SOY.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 19 users
It’s cuz the springtime of youth bro can’t even beat kakashi

Omg I got a II just now but I was complete < 3 days ago!!! I literally screamed and scared the **** out of my parents

Editing because I noticed everyone above freaking out about yield protection: I have no ties to state + my MCAT is way above their 75th percentile but I was very specific in that optional essay about why I liked Jefferson. n=1 but as long as you show your interest it looks like they're def not screening based on just MCAT! If anything I feel like something about my app (prolly the MCAT if I were to guess) compelled them to send a II relatively soon after I was complete

Last edited:
Omg I got a II just now but I was complete 8/5!!! I literally screamed and scared the **** out of my parents

Editing because I noticed everyone above freaking out about yield protection: I have no ties to state + my MCAT is way above their 75th percentile but I was very specific in that optional essay about why I liked Jefferson. n=1 but as long as you show your interest it looks like they're def not screening based on just MCAT! If anything I feel like something about my app (prolly the MCAT if I were to guess) compelled them to send a II 2 days after I was complete

Congrats! I hope you rock the interview! This is definitely a positive way to end the week! :)

I don't really get it either. I have higher stats too and I still think that it would be an honor to be accepted to any medical school. I don't see most med schools (and especially Jefferson) as "underqualified" for me
In defense of the people talking about yield protection - it's unlikely they/we aren't interested in going to Jefferson, or think they're overqualified. Otherwise they wouldn't apply, or be posting on the Jefferson thread to begin with.

Are they strict about the recommended LORs from individual faculty? Who gets a chem/physics letter? Those are prereq classes with 100s of kids in them. Seems a bit out of touch with the reality of undergrad education.

In defense of the people talking about yield protection - it's unlikely they/we aren't interested in going to Jefferson, or think they're overqualified. Otherwise they wouldn't apply, or be posting on the Jefferson thread to begin with.
Oh I know, I wasn't responding to the people. My response was more in regards to the idea of "yield protection" itself.

Thinking you are being yield protected is 100% thinking you are over qualified for the school. The other point about wanting to go to the school is valid.

Hello Everyone! We’re the Student Recruitment Coordinators at Sidney Kimmel Medical College and we wanted to let you know that we will be hosting virtual information sessions throughout the fall for people interested in learning more about SKMC. The sessions will include a brief presentation about the admissions process, followed by a student panel where you’ll get a chance to ask any questions you may have about student life at SKMC.

The information sessions will be held via zoom on the following dates:
  1. Friday, August 28th, 3-5 pm
  2. Saturday, September 26th, 11 am-1 pm
  3. Saturday, October 24th, 11 am-1 pm

If you are interested in attending, please kindly RSVP with your name and email address to [email protected]. A link to the zoom meeting will be provided upon confirmation of your registration.

PLEASE NOTE: these information sessions are student-run and are purely informational. They will have NO bearing on any admissions decision for applicants. They are an opportunity for you to get to know SKMC better!

Thank you for your interest in SKMC, we look forward to meeting you on zoom!

Those that got II - did you actually have the exact individual LOR requirements?

Those that got II - did you actually have the exact individual LOR requirements?
I had my PI, 2 science profs, and 2 philosophy profs all part of a committee letter. Not sure if that's the 'exact LOR requirements' but...

No. I emailed to confirm a waiver, but I don't think it's necessary. I had 3 science-ish LOR's (2 profs, 1 PI), but not chemistry or physics specifically.