You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1038508
U can still log into your ACT score portal and if u forgot password im sure you remember what email u used in high school to find itSo the secondary asks for a breakdown of our ACT/SAT scores....I took the ACT but I graduated high school in 2011. I have no clue what my scores are anymore. Are yall skipping this question or.....?
watermelon101
Full Member
Has anyone been extended an invitation to interview? (If yes, when was your secondary complete?)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been extended an invitation to interview? (If yes, when was your secondary complete?)
Jefferson has sent out interviews already. If you look up "interview tracker" in the search bar you will find your way to a google document that lists all the schools that have sent out interviews using SDN / user data.
Many people have reported IIs already, and you can keep track here: Interview Tracker 2020-2021Has anyone been extended an invitation to interview? (If yes, when was your secondary complete?)
watermelon101
Full Member
Jefferson has sent out interviews already. If you look up "interview tracker" in the search bar you will find your way to a google document that lists all the schools that have sent out interviews using SDN / user data.
Thanks so much!
watermelon101
Full Member
Many people have reported IIs already, and you can keep track here: Interview Tracker 2020-2021
Thanks you!
II! My first one. So excited. Complete 7/21
mind sharing your stats?II! My first one. So excited. Complete 7/21
mind sharing your stats?
.
Last edited:
R today morning. No email just checked the portal. Good luck to everyone applying!
hi sorry if someone asked u this already, but where in the portal did this info show up? under secondary status?
U can still log into your ACT score portal and if u forgot password im sure you remember what email u used in high school to find it
What if you didn't take either because the college you attended didn't require them at the time?
will scott
Full Member
What if you didn't take either because the college you attended didn't require them at the time?
I just didn’t answer Bc I don’t remember
D
deleted1038508
Does anyone know if Jeff offers merit scholarships or if it solely offers need-based financial aid? Couldn't find anything about it on their website.
houseplantaficionado
Full Member
Can anyone with R status clarify where this is in the portal or if it comes via email?hi sorry if someone asked u this already, but where in the portal did this info show up? under secondary status?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I read gonnif say that if you miss a strict deadline, you can still return it, but you'll be at the very bottom of their to-do pile. If you're a strong applicant for the school, I say go for it! But I'm just another applicant 🙂I missed the two week deadline....still worth submitting?
D
deleted1038508
Won’t hurt. They will still look at you.I missed the two week deadline....still worth submitting?
Last edited by a moderator:
II! Complete 7/11, OOS, MD/PhD. Stats: 3.8/3.68 c/sGPA, 520 MCAT.
So I have a compilation of individual letters - 2 chemistry faculty, 1 math instructor, 1 physician, and a prior boss (exec chef). Do I legit need to have 1 chem/1 bio/1 humanities/1 physics or was that just the recommendation?
Edit: sorry, just saw this has already been addressed. Disregard!
Edit: sorry, just saw this has already been addressed. Disregard!
Last edited:
D
deleted1038508
They wanna see if it correlates to anything their med students do like the step examsDoes anyone know why they ask for ACT/SAT? My scores weren't exactly the most impressive
where does it say that in your portal? or did you receive an email?Hey everyone, I'm a bit confused in regards to waiting for an II from SKMC. I'm still waiting for an invite, but it says "interview not offered". Did this mean I got rejected this early in the cycle?
D
deleted785419
I spoke to another person who was denied last month and they had the exact same status update
D
deleted785419
When did it appear?
D
deleted785419
Did it just appear today,It was on my portal.
When were you complete? And was it under the “application status” page on the portal?Not sure. I haven't checked in 2 weeks, just logged in today
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1067657
Thanks for answering all the questions. Good luck with everything!Yup, complete 7/20 under status. I emailed Admissions to ask for clarification.
Thanks for answering all the questions. Good luck with everything!
No problem. If it is a rejection, I'm a bit surprised given that it is still early in the cycle and my stats (international, Canadian, ORM, LM 70) are fair. But we shall see. I'll take the rejection in stride if so and keep my head up!
I've seen you active on other threads and know if this one school doesn't work out for you, there are others that will!No problem. If it is a rejection, I'm a bit surprised given that it is still early in the cycle and my stats (international, Canadian, ORM, LM 70) are fair. But we shall see. I'll take the rejection in stride if so and keep my head up!
I've seen you active on other threads and know if this one school doesn't work out for you, there are others that will!
Thanks a lot! I appreciate your optimism and positive vibes! We will see what happens 🙂 I'm a Canadian, so gonna keep pushing and apply to Canadian schools too haha
wanderingservant
Full Member
Are IIs being sent out chronologically or in another order? If so, should we assume silent Rs?
D
deleted1038508
Random orderAre IIs being sent out chronologically or in another order? If so, should we assume silent Rs?
houseplantaficionado
Full Member
I hope they send out some more II soon! Per the tracker it seems to have slowed down. Has anyone heard anything?
What tracker are you referring to? Can you link me please?I hope they send out some more II soon! Per the tracker it seems to have slowed down. Has anyone heard anything?
I hope they send out some more II soon! Per the tracker it seems to have slowed down. Has anyone heard anything?
Just speculation but when I received my invite, the next available date was 10/28 and then there was only one date in November. They may just be waiting a while before opening more slots. I didn't think to look past November unfortunately
What are the character/word limits for the 2 essays?This and one about how COVID has impacted you.
Does anyone know if Jeff offers merit scholarships or if it solely offers need-based financial aid? Couldn't find anything about it on their website.
Yes
will scott
Full Member
Anyone else apply early/mid-July with good (but not exemplary) stats and not hear back? lol. I'm genuinely curious how they go through apps
I think I’m good but not awesome stats and I haven’t heard anything. Submitted 7/13
D
deleted1067657
7/23 with okay stats too, OOS ORMAnyone else apply early/mid-July with good (but not exemplary) stats and not hear back? lol. I'm genuinely curious how they go through apps
7/21 with 515/3.85 and silenceAnyone else apply early/mid-July with good (but not exemplary) stats and not hear back? lol. I'm genuinely curious how they go through apps
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1040408
4.0/511 haven't heard back yetAnyone else apply early/mid-July with good (but not exemplary) stats and not hear back? lol. I'm genuinely curious how they go through apps
Anyone else apply early/mid-July with good (but not exemplary) stats and not hear back? lol. I'm genuinely curious how they go through apps
3.82/518 and nothing....from here, or anywhere
D
deleted1040408
same... the silence is too much3.82/518 and nothing....from here, or anywhere
YoloSwagCats
Full Member
Anyone else apply early/mid-July with good (but not exemplary) stats and not hear back? lol. I'm genuinely curious how they go through apps
7/31 with alright stats, IS, ghosted by SKMC
D
deleted1062113
what two week deadlineI missed the two week deadline....still worth submitting?