2020-2021 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why do you need aid when they pay for it 100%?
Only tuition is covered. You need aid for cost of living. Depending on how much you/your parents make, they give you enough financial aid to cover that. I'm just going off the financial aid handout

Members don't see this ad.

Only tuition is covered. You need aid for cost of living. Depending on how much you/your parents make, they give you enough financial aid to cover that. I'm just going off the financial aid handout

I thought all students were given full COA merit aid?

All Students in the first class were given full COA and it looks like second class will be the same (based on folks who have posted about getting that offer)

Members don't see this ad :)
All Students in the first class were given full COA and it looks like second class will be the same (based on folks who have posted about getting that offer)
Again, I'm just going off the financial aid document that was given to me for interview day. It says that the COL aid is based on need, which is calculated from financial information you provide Kaiser. There's nothing I could find that officially suggests they provide full COA, but that is really awesome if they will for the incoming class!

Just to clarify since it was discussed above, Kaiser requires the CSS Profile from their admitted students in order to determine need-based aid for COL. It's possible they're going to give COL to the whole second class as they did for their inaugural class, but I don't think there has been any official announcement about that.

Same here. Interviewed early November and I haven't heard anything

Interviewed September and nothing yet...I'm resigning to the idea of being ghosted till the end :(

Interviewed September and nothing yet...I'm resigning to the idea of being ghosted till the end :(
Same. Interviewed their first day offered and still nothing. +pity+

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got II, OOS, complete 8/12, date for 2/2

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Do they accept pre-II updates? Complete early August, silence since then.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't have my interview notes on me at the moment, but can someone confirm that we just send update letters and thank you notes to the regular admissions email ([email protected])? I'd be very grateful

Did they say all decisions will be released in March?
I stalked last year's thread, and it looked like the last acceptances were sent around March 20th (which included people who interviewed earlier in the cycle!!), and post-II R's and waitlist offers were sent out in early-mid April, then some people got off the waitlist in early May :)

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone here got an A outside the usual 2-4 week (just estimating from what I saw) waiting period? (like after sending an update letter)

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone here got an A outside the usual 2-4 week (just estimating from what I saw) waiting period? (like after sending an update letter)
Things have extremely slowed down for some reason. Fewer IIs and acceptances

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
lol is it worth emailing them to ask if they'll allow significant pre-II updates

Apologies if this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but are letters of interest accepted pre-II?

Accepted 30 minutes ago. 17 interviews and three years later I can't believe it

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 39 users
Accepted 30 minutes ago. 17 interviews and three years later I can't believe it
Congratulations!!!! I can't imagine how excited you are :)

Mind if I ask when was your interview?

Last edited:
Also just received an II! OOS, complete early October. Best of luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone! I withdrew my application due to the recent news of Kaiser’s treatment of Dr. Khoury. I encourage other’s in a position to do so to do the same.

Cheers!

Reactions: 13 users
Hey everyone! I withdrew my application due to the recent news of Kaiser’s treatment of Dr. Khoury. I encourage other’s in a position to do so to do the same.

Cheers!

+1. I have held off on withdrawing my application, giving KPSOM the benefit of the doubt and allowing ample amounts of time to offer their perspective. However, it has been nothing except radio silence. Best of luck to other applicants and I can only hope this incident will be an anomaly in the overall future of KPSOM.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Hey can some one who interviewed speak on how the MMI went? I cannot attend the tech check due to a different interview and I'm a bit nervous about something going wrong or being confused. Did it run smoothly for you ?

Hey can some one who interviewed speak on how the MMI went? I cannot attend the tech check due to a different interview and I'm a bit nervous about something going wrong or being confused. Did it run smoothly for you ?

They explain everything well on interview day so don't worry about missing tech check.

Does anyone know when their last interview day is?