2020-2021 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you interviewed in November, i dont think they've already decided since they've been doing rolling admissions. If they decided either way, I think they would have let you know by now. Seems more likely they're just waiting to compare you to a wider pool of interviewees.
That's what I'm hoping!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are folk's thoughts about when we might hear back? Do we think it will be closer to March 20th or randomly dispersed?
Quick recap summary from last year's Kaiser SDN:

According to last year's SDN thread, an "End of the Cycle" update was sent out around March 6th, with a Pre-II R sent out around March 10 and 11. Some early interviewees (really early in the cycle) got their decision (A's) back during the week that included March 20th last year. Waitlists rolled out between April 7th and 9th (with some Rs on sprinkled around). They also mentioned that the waitlist size was potentially "huge."

Acceptances (only considering SDN users) from the WL came between May 1-3. There was also a mention that some people got of the waitlist around the end of May. The first post-WL R was mentioned on June 16th
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Multiple cycles here. It is. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve got the silent R. Honestly, it’s rude.
Truthfully upsetting. I feel for you. I’ve been ghosted by everyone this cycle so I can’t imagine experiencing this multiple cycles. Sending good energy your way.
 
Do we think some more acceptances will roll out this Wednesday? Has anyone from late January/February interviews heard back yet?
 
Do we think some more acceptances will roll out this Wednesday? Has anyone from late January/February interviews heard back yet?

The million-dollar question. But according to the timeline, last acceptances are rolling out mid march for the initial acceptances.
 
i didn’t want to send both an update and letter of intent, so in my update I just threw in a line that was like “I haven’t found a school more aligned with what I want to do in the future” so like *hint, hint* if you accept me, I’m comin’. But if I get waitlisted I’ll send a more direct LOI.
 
Has anyone received any “end of cycle” email like the one from last year? I interviewed in dec and haven’t heard much of anything since then 🧐 are we anticipating that As will be rolling out until late March, with WLs in early April?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So since it’s past 10:30am PT does that mean we’re not gonna hear anything today?

Problem with admission being so limited is that there's not a large enough sample size on SDN to tell. Could have been one or two people every two weeks for the last 2 months but we wouldn't know.
 
Problem with admission being so limited is that there's not a large enough sample size on SDN to tell. Could have been one or two people every two weeks for the last 2 months but we wouldn't know.
Yeah, very true. It’s hard to know what % are on SDN and actually post when they get an A
 
I uploaded an update/LOI to my portal a while ago (post-ii)- didn't send it through email. Did they specify to send post-ii updates to their email? Figured the portal was the place to put it since there's a space for post-interview updates specifically?

Got a little stressed seeing everyone write that they "sent" their updates in on this thread.
 
I uploaded an update/LOI to my portal a while ago (post-ii)- didn't send it through email. Did they specify to send post-ii updates to their email? Figured the portal was the place to put it since there's a space for post-interview updates specifically?

Got a little stressed seeing everyone write that they "sent" their updates in on this thread.
They said either is fine on my interview day I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
 
I uploaded an update/LOI to my portal a while ago (post-ii)- didn't send it through email. Did they specify to send post-ii updates to their email? Figured the portal was the place to put it since there's a space for post-interview updates specifically?

Got a little stressed seeing everyone write that they "sent" their updates in on this thread.
To reiterate what the other person said, they said either is fine. I think they say email to make it easier on the applicant because they can upload it for you. But it’s the same thing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently in a deep state of denial in regards to the overwhelming likelihood of me not getting an II. This school would be a dream come true so I will live in my fantasy world until I am given a flat out R. Anyone else in the same boat?
+1. I haven't been rejected yet, but I also haven't gotten an II.
 
Yeah I interviewed a while back but didn't hear back (no A, R or WL). But according to the thread there seems to be a few A's every now and then!
Sorry to ask the question if it has been answered already, but is there a time frame between II and A that we know of? Does anyone who has been accepted also know when second look is?